Community Forum

XFINITY Stream on Roku

Expert

Re: XFINITY Stream on Roku

adding.... you can just select record instead of 'watch' from the menu and then back up to watch saved recordings. from there you can watch, pause, fast forward.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

My Xfinity Stream app on Roku updated itself today, now it has trouble streaming. It frequently interrupts and goes to a black screen with ellipses. Almost unusable. It was fine before the app update.
Contributor

Same issue here with the app on roku. Appears there has been an update and now most of the live TV channels do not work. Tried recording and got an error. Also tried on demand and it also failed to load. Please fix this asap or give us the ability to roll back a version
Frequent Visitor

I have same
Issue. I have a Netgear C6300 modem
Official Employee

Re: Roku/Xfinity Stream Beta Not Working

Hello, all! 

If you are having issues streaming, please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name. I want to ensure everything is working correctly! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@SeinfeldFan wrote:
My Xfinity Stream app on Roku updated itself today, now it has trouble streaming. It frequently interrupts and goes to a black screen with ellipses. Almost unusable. It was fine before the app update.

shows i'm successfully running version 3.5.0 is that your version?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

My Roku updated and now the app is "as dead as a doornail", quit working, will not load live TV, and hiccups through my personal locker of purchased items.  All in all it appears that the update is a very unuseable. 

I am so tired of fighting issues with this app,  To date a call back that I was to have received about 3 weeks ago, has never happened either. 

This really should not be that hard, return your calls on level 3 tech issues and test the app before you roll the update out.

Expert

@Roxxxxie wrote:

My Roku updated and now the app is "as dead as a doornail", quit working, will not load live TV, and hiccups through my personal locker of purchased items.  All in all it appears that the update is a very unuseable. 

I am so tired of fighting issues with this app,  To date a call back that I was to have received about 3 weeks ago, has never happened either. 

This really should not be that hard, return your calls on level 3 tech issues and test the app before you roll the update out.

go to settings (gear) in the app and sign off. remove the channel and restart the roku (in roku system menu). then reinstall the xfinity stream beta channel and sign in. Be very sure to accept the terms and conditions.

Official Employee

Greetings, Roxxxxie! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing night. I apologize to hear of the issues you are having trying to stream on the Roku device after the update and to hear you never had a follow up either. I would like to look further into this if you are still having issues after what RustyBen has suggested to try. Feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

The list of supported Roku devices is very specific but also a bit outdated.  Specifically, the 4660 Ultra model has been replaced by the 4661.  Will the Xfinity app work on the 4661 or do I need to find a 4660?

thx

Frequent Visitor

It appears that version 3.5.0 is rather new (last week or so). I did notice some changes to the front screen and screen saver, but one feature it seems to have which I hate is that after about 4 hours of watching it times out and brings me back to the initial stream app page. This is rather annoying because I use it as background noise while working, but I also need it on all night to sleep. As soon as the show I am watching times out, I wake up, having to then grab the remote select the show I was watching and go back to watching so I can go back to sleep. I can see how this could be a good feature for some, but there should be an option to disable that feature so it stops timing out, or at least go back to the old timeout which I think was 24 hours (could have been less, but 4 hours is just too short). 

Official Employee

dansgen1alero, thanks for your feedback here about the Stream and it's video time. Do you have any power saving modes active on your Roku system? 

Contributor

LIve TV categories for Kids, Sports, and Movies do not show matches if I have "Free to me" filter enbled.

I have HD and "Free to me" filters selected and see "We didn't find a match" if Kids, Sport, or Movies is selected.  If I uncheck "Free to me" in filter preferences, I will see results and can select live content under Kids, Sports, and Movies to watch which is "free to me".

I would expect that "Free to me" would only remove content that I would need to purchase before watching.

How should selecting Kids, Sports, or Movies work?

Official Employee

LIve TV categories for Kids, Sports, and Movies do not show matches if I have "Free to me" filter enbled.

I have HD and "Free to me" filters selected and see "We didn't find a match" if Kids, Sport, or Movies is selected.  If I uncheck "Free to me" in filter preferences, I will see results and can select live content under Kids, Sports, and Movies to watch which is "free to me".

I would expect that "Free to me" would only remove content that I would need to purchase before watching.

TomS_77, hmm, perhaps there is a filter limit. Can you try to test by removing the HD filter and then apply the free to me and another filter? 

Contributor

@ComcastKenF wrote:

TomS_77, hmm, perhaps there is a filter limit. Can you try to test by removing the HD filter and then apply the free to me and another filter? 

Still doesn't work.  I can apply any of the other filters individual or all together except for "Free to me" and I content will be shown.  "Free to me" by itself or in combination with other filters doesn't display content.

Official Employee

Appreciate the details and the testing you've done! It doesn't sound like your box is functioning as intended as the free to me filter on my end is working. Let's check out your box. Please send me a private message with your full name for assistance. 

Frequent Visitor

Can not log in to roku, chromebook, phone ,firetv. No tv everywhere, discovery go. Keeps saying not supported. Same problems as many above. Really very frustrating. 

Highlighted
Expert

@dougm2161 wrote:

Can not log in to roku, chromebook, phone ,firetv. No tv everywhere, discovery go. Keeps saying not supported. Same problems as many above. Really very frustrating. 

let's talk just about the Roku since you are in the app area. I see you were not able to log in to the roku. are you able to watch streaming on either an iOS or android phone/tablet? (test of account settings for streaming)

Frequent Visitor

I am in Indiana right now. Chromebook will work on some channels if I go thru xfin website.

Frequent Visitor

Tv everywhere on roku works on fs1, nbcsn, hist, hgtv, foxnow, and a few others.  Why can I not log into Discoverygo? Can't open anything with blue key. Or log into stream?

Expert

@dougm2161 wrote:

I am in Indiana right now. Chromebook will work on some channels if I go thru xfin website.

does that mean you are away from your home internet? if so the roku will not work on the Xfinity Stream Beta Channel. on a PC or iOS/Android smart phone/tablet you can watch the TVgo channels live using the app or streaming TV web site.

Official Employee

dougm2161, appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stream app issues! I know how inconvenient not being able to use the app is so I'll work with you to figure this out. I see you sent me a private message so I'll follow up with you there. 

Ken

Frequent Visitor

OK. But if I download the Discoverygo app why can I not sign into it? Lots of others I can.

Official Employee

OK. But if I download the Discoverygo app why can I not sign into it? Lots of others I can.

dougm2161, hmm I was able to log into the discovery website and my credentials worked. Have you been able to test on their website? Can you view the channel on your TV? 

Ken

Frequent Visitor

It doesn't ask for credentials. Wants activation code, when I enter it on laptop it just blanks back out and nothing happens. Same on travel chan.

Official Employee

It doesn't ask for credentials. Wants activation code, when I enter it on laptop it just blanks back out and nothing happens. Same on travel chan.

Hmmm-- have you tried the website via incognito on the chrome browser? Does it ask for an activation code then? Have you been able to use the app/website before? 

Frequent Visitor

Same. No credentials. Only activation code and nothing happens

Official Employee

Got it. Are you attempting to do this while connected to your home network? 

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastKenF wrote:

dansgen1alero, thanks for your feedback here about the Stream and it's video time. Do you have any power saving modes active on your Roku system? 

I have not touched any of those settings if there even are any. I just plugged and played but the app would run all night without timeout for past several months. It was not until the app appeared to be updated to the 3.5.0 that this "timeout" was occuring.  (so only the past 2 weeks or so). 

I have the Roku Streaming Stick+ so if there is a power saving mode, where would it be and I can check  it.

Official Employee

@dansgen1alero - I don't think the Roku Streaming Stick has a power saving mode. We will pass your feedback to the engineering team, thank you so much for letting us know.