Community Forum

XFINITY Stream on Roku

Regular Contributor

Re: XFINITY Stream on Roku

@Rustyben wrote:

@HD-Tech wrote:

is the counting or not counting of data vs the cap for the Stream app impacted in any way if you have your own modem instead of a comcast supplied modem?

makes no difference if leased nor customer owned

Thank you Rusty

Expert

Re: XFINITY Stream on Roku - CRASHES CONSTANTLY!

@Lonbo wrote:

I have one Xfinity DVR set top box in the house -  no problem there. When I say a crash on the Roku, I mean that the app will not launch  if navigating away from the Xfinity app, or if turning off the television.  It will also crash during the viewing of a program and go back to the main Roku screen   -  the app needs to be uninstalled, reinstalled and re-authorized.   This happens several times a day if watching TV throughout the day. 

is this a roku TV or a roku device? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Please make an auto play feature. Without it, people are more likely to watch on services that use auto play.
New Poster

thumbnails or screens while FFing and rewinding saved shows.

one feature sorely needed is some preview or thumbnails while FF and RW a DVRed show.  other streaming apps do it, so you can too.  really inconvenient without it.  thanks.

New Poster

Re: XFINITY Stream Beta on Roku

Having sever problems with recording play back. Upon finishing a recorded show, i cannot delete or a frozen "delet screen" will appear on the next show I try to watch obstructing the majority of the screen with no response to buttons or ability to remove it. Have to exit the app, reopen just to watch more than one recording in a series. Very frustrating.
Expert

@AllySMorgan84 wrote:
Having sever problems with recording play back. Upon finishing a recorded show, i cannot delete or a frozen "delet screen" will appear on the next show I try to watch obstructing the majority of the screen with no response to buttons or ability to remove it. Have to exit the app, reopen just to watch more than one recording in a series. Very frustrating.

there is another whole thread on the 'delete' now ghost window. we are still waiting for a fix 'there'. it is in the Stream app area too.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem.
Regular Contributor

Not sure where the best place is to post feature requests but this thread seems as good as any.  There is so much going in one the thread (mod anyone?)

The Roku App needs the following updates/fixes:

• Thumbnails while ff/rw content
  • Ability to delete DVR content at any point in show
  • Quick access to main menu (ala Xfinity button on a X1 system remote) -- perhaps 2x press of up button
  • Ability to quick access inputing a channel number
  • Ability to set a future recording from the guide
  • For those Rokus that have it, voice remote integration

My remote is type with the A/B button as well.  Perhaps those can be tapped for functionality. 

One other item I would like but understand it may not be practicle is some sort of buffer to rewind live content.  With no local hdd, this may not be easy.  Perhaps use a "comcast approved" SD card? I have a Roku Ultra

New Poster

The app loads for me but it when I select something to watch
The app returns back to Roku Homepage?
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

When I had that issue, I had to reset the Roku device. 

Expert

@Nmolina0607 wrote:
The app loads for me but it when I select something to watch
The app returns back to Roku Homepage?

you might try moving the cursor to the Xfinity icon on the Roku home screen and press the * (star) button on the Roku remote. remove the channel. then power down (or use the settings menu to reboot) the Roku device. when it comes back up, add the channel and sign back in again.

New Poster

The current version of the xfinity stream app on roku has a bug when watching a recorded show.

After the show it automatically asks if you want to delete the recording.

Whether you answer yes or no that box remains on the screen when you go to something new.

You have to exit the app and go back in to clear it.

Would be nice if a fix for that.
New Poster

I Have tried the solution given but my streaming or picture is still not showing and it is resorting back to the roku channel main screen once I click on a channel to watch

New Poster

How do you reset the roku device?

Regular Contributor

You mught try uninstalling the apo first. Then reinstall. If this fails, you will need to call Comcast tech to reset your account. They should do a deep reset, so you may need to talk to a supervisor.
New Poster

I tried to reset , still is not working. 

New Poster

I called XFINITY  yestereday to assist me with the issue of the xfinity streaming not showing live or any pics and they tried to reset and deep reset from advanced settings as well as today and no one ws able to fix this issue. I have one X1 Box , one roku tv and 2 others tv's with roku boxes all the boxes are the compatible ones. I am unsure what to do as super bowl is about to be this weekend. UGH!!! someone please help!!! It is probabky time to give up xfinity , too much problems...

Expert

@caleta wrote:

I called XFINITY  yestereday to assist me with the issue of the xfinity streaming not showing live or any pics and they tried to reset and deep reset from advanced settings as well as today and no one ws able to fix this issue. I have one X1 Box , one roku tv and 2 others tv's with roku boxes all the boxes are the compatible ones. I am unsure what to do as super bowl is about to be this weekend. UGH!!! someone please help!!! It is probabky time to give up xfinity , too much problems...

first check is to use a desk/laptop computer and see if the stream works there, or use a smart device and the Xfinity stream TV app. do either work? on your Roku, any error messages? is your roku connected to your own home xfinity residential wifi?

Contributor

I have a Roku Express (3900), and ever since I've got it 2 days ago, I've seen a humongous jump in my data usage when there has been minimal to no usage at all on my home wifi. Supposedly, the Xfinity Stream app is supposed to be using "free" data, but it's not. And of course, that's the only app I have on my Roku. No YouTube, no Hulu, no nothing, just Xfinity Stream. Is there any explanation?
Expert

@pablomeza wrote:
I have a Roku Express (3900), and ever since I've got it 2 days ago, I've seen a humongous jump in my data usage when there has been minimal to no usage at all on my home wifi. Supposedly, the Xfinity Stream app is supposed to be using "free" data, but it's not. And of course, that's the only app I have on my Roku. No YouTube, no Hulu, no nothing, just Xfinity Stream. Is there any explanation?

the 'data' is seen on your router but is not counted by the device your modem/gateway is connected. 

New Poster

This morning on two of my roku's (the smaller express ones) I only have the ability to record, not stream live TV.  Is something up or do I need to reset the apps on these devices?

Expert

@Kbradone wrote:

This morning on two of my roku's (the smaller express ones) I only have the ability to record, not stream live TV.  Is something up or do I need to reset the apps on these devices?

yes, uninstall the xfinty stream beta channel and use the roku menu to restart/reboot. after it comes back up, add the channel back and sign in and accept the terms and conditions. working?

New Poster

It also lost it on my larger roku boxes and some stations said "no data".  I'm not at home right now but I'll see if it magically gets fixed by tonight.  Bottom line it appears it's not me, it's Comcast and there's been no change in the policy of allowing this.  Interestingly enough the higher def channels still worked for live video, just not some of the lower def ones.

New Poster

Did you ever get your problem resolved?  I have the same issue that started when I installed a new netgear modem/router.  I have tried everything including talking to tech support for several hours and many resets.  I also bought a new TV with Roku and experienced the same problem.

New Poster

Fox News stops streaming w Roku Ultra, when i change channels & try to return to Fox News within a few minutes. The ONLY way to open Fox News after a channel change, is by “Signing Out” of Xfinity rhen signibg back in again. Opened trouble tix w Roku over 2 years ago but they now blame Xfinity. Fox News is the ONLY CHANNEL that won’t stream. This happens only at my PA home. Plays fine at NJ hone & even works fine at my Scotland residence. Am i diing something wrong or differently or is this “Disconnection” -“Reconnection” a Roku failure? Thanks
New Poster

Xfinity Stream App Shows Half of Recorded Show & Then Wants to Delete

When I first started using the app it worked great but now when I used the Xfinity Stream App and watch my DVR shows in the middle of it playing in the background the Delete Recording message comes up and does not go away even if I say No.  If I go back to the previous screen where it asks if I want to Resume watching and I resume watching, it continues to play (in the background) but the Delete Recording black box stays on the display and will not go away.  HELP!!!  I can watch the On Demand shows so the issue only exists with my DVR'd shows.

Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream App Shows Half of Recorded Show & Then Wants to Delete

@kikionline wrote:

When I first started using the app it worked great but now when I used the Xfinity Stream App and watch my DVR shows in the middle of it playing in the background the Delete Recording message comes up and does not go away even if I say No.  If I go back to the previous screen where it asks if I want to Resume watching and I resume watching, it continues to play (in the background) but the Delete Recording black box stays on the display and will not go away.  HELP!!!  I can watch the On Demand shows so the issue only exists with my DVR'd shows.

moved your post to the Roku mega thread (beta). this is a current issue that Comcast is investigating. no estimated time of fix. press 'left' to leave the Xfinity stream beta channel then reenter the channel (this is a workaround).

New Poster

I just bought a Roku premiere and after adding the HD Technology Fee to my monthly bill I don't see the HD channels.  I called Xfinity and the sent me to the advanced technical support department to troubleshoot the issue.  After hard resets, modem resets, etc... NOTHING displays my HD channels on the Roku.  On my phone, computer, etc... the xfinity stream apps work perfectly.  On the Roku nothing. 

I decided to see if it was my particular Roku so I returned it and got a new Roku Premiere Plus (3921RW) and had no luck what so ever. 

The only thing I can think of is that the HD technology fee hasn't been on my bill for an entire cycle yet.  Please advise.

Expert

@onesixtieth wrote:

I just bought a Roku premiere and after adding the HD Technology Fee to my monthly bill I don't see the HD channels.  I called Xfinity and the sent me to the advanced technical support department to troubleshoot the issue.  After hard resets, modem resets, etc... NOTHING displays my HD channels on the Roku.  On my phone, computer, etc... the xfinity stream apps work perfectly.  On the Roku nothing. 

I decided to see if it was my particular Roku so I returned it and got a new Roku Premiere Plus (3921RW) and had no luck what so ever. 

The only thing I can think of is that the HD technology fee hasn't been on my bill for an entire cycle yet.  Please advise.

call 800-Comcast and select TV technical suppot. ask the agent to transfer you to the app support team (stream TV app). ask the agent to do an app entitlement refresh.

New Poster

Re: App Store Replies - Xfinity Stream Mobile App Troubleshooting

I added TV last week but still cannot stream. No streaming on my iPhone laptop or Roku three. Error messages include “connect to your home Wi-Fi” but I’m already connected; “ subscription required” really? - it’s a TV channel that’s already included in my package. Looking forward to a fix soon, please.
Expert

@rtr94505 wrote:
I added TV last week but still cannot stream. No streaming on my iPhone laptop or Roku three. Error messages include “connect to your home Wi-Fi” but I’m already connected; “ subscription required” really? - it’s a TV channel that’s already included in my package. Looking forward to a fix soon, please.

do you have the X1 system or non-X1? if X1, call 800-Comcast and select billing. verify that your current username is tied to your current xfinity account/address. also, is any part of your account(s) business accounts?

New Poster

I have X1.  User name is correct.  No part of a business account.  Others have posted about this problem since early March 2019.

Expert

@rtr94505 wrote:

I have X1.  User name is correct.  No part of a business account.  Others have posted about this problem since early March 2019.

if you are sure all that is correct, call 800-comcast and select customer service. ask the agent to transfer you to mobile app support team. ask the agent for the app team to refresh your app entitlements.

New Poster

I was having an issue where the app loads, but when trying to watch a channel, the app would crash and return to the Roku home screen.  I ended up having to remove the channel and re-add the channel to resolve my issue.

To remove the channel, highlight the Xfinity app, and press the * key on the Roku remote.  Then remove the channel.  

To re-add the channel, go to your web browser and log into Roku.  Add the Xfinity stream app, then open the app on the Roku device and re-authenticate/re-authorize the app through www.xfinity.com/authorize 

New Poster

Connection 3305 when trying to stream HBO
Regular Visitor

I installed the Xfinity Stream app on my Roku Ultra. When I try to use it I get a message that says, 
"The device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity WIFI. ..." Error createDrmSession 403-102.

I'm using my own Xfinity certified modem + Google Wifi Router. Roku device is plugged in with Ethernet. Is this supported? I'm unclear as to why I'm getting this error. Shouldn't Xfinity know that I am using an Xfinity IP Address and just work? Can someone help me get this working?

Expert

@Radium1 wrote:

I installed the Xfinity Stream app on my Roku Ultra. When I try to use it I get a message that says, 
"The device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity WIFI. ..." Error createDrmSession 403-102.

I'm using my own Xfinity certified modem + Google Wifi Router. Roku device is plugged in with Ethernet. Is this supported? I'm unclear as to why I'm getting this error. Shouldn't Xfinity know that I am using an Xfinity IP Address and just work? Can someone help me get this working?

xfinity myAccount app, internet tab >> modem/gateway. does the serial number shown match the HFC MAC address on your actual gateway/modem?

New Poster

It would be great of the app had a timeout feature. Right now it still continue streaming if you turn your tv off and forget to take your Roku to it's home screen. This uses data, which comcast limits.
Expert

@ABQmedic wrote:
It would be great of the app had a timeout feature. Right now it still continue streaming if you turn your tv off and forget to take your Roku to it's home screen. This uses data, which comcast limits.

the stream app usage does not use data that counts toward the CAP (yes it is counted in home but that is just a reference and not counted by the Comcast data register.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Stream App Shows Half of Recorded Show & Then Wants to Delete

Hello all, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear about this Stream app & deleted recorded shows error you are experiencing. I would be more than happy to assist and take a further look into this on my end! Can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Re: Roku/Xfinity Stream Beta Not Working

Same thing is happeneing to me . even though  im useing my xfinity wifi . on the phone with tech now and they cant fix it 

Expert

@charlamf wrote:

Same thing is happeneing to me . even though  im useing my xfinity wifi . on the phone with tech now and they cant fix it 

are you able to veiw using the stream app or using a pc and the streaming web site?

Regular Visitor

Same issue and it’s very frustrating
Official Employee

Same issue and it’s very frustrating

alyddy, what error message are you getting? 

Ken

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

The latest version of this article I could find was updated ‎04-02-2019 and is at https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-What-is-Xfinity-Stream-on-Roku-and-how-does-it-work/ta-p/2...

That version lists the Roku Ultra 4660 as compatible. The current model as of 05-28-2019 is Roku Ultra 4661R. Is it safe to assume that everything stated in the article about model 4660 is also true for model 4661R?

Thanks.

Official Employee

MFH42, I'm actually working with the Roku-XFINITY team to get a more updated list. I don't have a complete updated list, but it's coming. Right now, we officially support the following Rokus: 

Roku 5XXX, 6XXX, 7XXX and 8XXX series TVs; Roku Streaming Media Players: Premier (4620), Premier+ (4630), Ultra (4640, 4660); Roku 4 (4400); Roku 3 (4200, 4230); Roku 2 (4210); and Roku Streaming Sticks: Express (3700, 3900), Express+ (3710, 3910), Streaming Stick (3600); and Streaming Stick+ (3800, 3810). Devices must be on minimum firmware version 7.5.

Regular Visitor

Error is "Error createdrmSession.-1"

This occurs after failing to authenticate the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku Premiere.

Xfinity Stream use to work, but after having powered down the Roku during a vacation, I cannot get the app authenticated again.  Another thread suggested that a comcast set top box has to be on the local network, in order for the app to authorize on Roku.  That makes sense because I did have a set top box when we first installed the Roku a month ago, and now we don't have a set top box.

So, no xfinity streaming on the Roku, I guess.

Official Employee

cinequip, sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the Stream app! You do not have to rent a cable box in order to stream on the app. I would be happy to troubleshoot this further with you. 

Please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. 
To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

New Poster

The only major feature missing is the ability to pause live programs. After pausing a program it would be nice to be able to fast forward up to the current live stream.
Official Employee

Hi, greg_lewis! Thank your feedback, we will pass it along to the teams. The Xfinity Stream app for Roku is still in Beta status and we appreciate all feedback we receive.