Community Forum

XFINITY Stream on Roku

Regular Visitor

Re: App Store Replies - Xfinity Stream Mobile App Troubleshooting

Also I call XFINITY and they sent some signals or whatever the man said really couldn't understand him tbh.. It seems to be working ok for now. He said if it does it again to call them back & they will send a tech to my house. So far so good the last 18/24 hrs. So will keep fingers crossed that its fixed now 🤞😃
New Poster

Re: roku app error (drm.-3)

I have a HDCP 2.2 compliant receiver and TV, modem hardwired to a switch, roku hardwired to same switch and I was getting this all the time with the Roku app.  I finally gave up and went back to set top box, the roku app is unusable and I let customer service know as well.  I've worked in the cable industry as a network engineer, this is definitely a bug and not something I could find a box setting to fix.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV on Roku

@ComcastDan wrote:

@SamuriHL wrote:

@ComcastDan

Since someone responded to my question about whether the app only supports stereo sound (that is apparently the case), do you know if it's on the list to support surround sound in a future update?  Thanks!!

(I apologize to everyone if I sound like a broken record on surround sound but that feature is important to me and I suspect a few of you may agree if you have decent home theater setups)

Surround sound is important to me as well so I appreciate the question. I also saw this on a list of known issues with the beta so assume it is being looked into. I'll see if I can get more info on timing. 

@ComcastDan

I looked through this thread and don't think there were any other updates on the audio output in over a year. Are there plans to support anything beyond stereo audio? I use a projector and need to run the audio through a surround sound system, the stereo audio is just not cutting it. Thanks.

*******Edit: Surround sound is working now that I have personally tested. It was not in the release notes or discussion, but working great for me. This setup is a pretty strong box replacement after testing for a few days. I'll be ditching my aging cablecard/WMC/xbox 360 setup which has served well for 10+ years.

New Poster

local hd chan

I am using both a Roku Ultra and Roku express. When i run the stream app, I am missing the channel lineup for locals in HD.  They are there in SD.

If I login via my phone or computer they show up.  Is this a problem in the beta app?

Expert

Re: local hd chan

@gregorydb wrote:

I am using both a Roku Ultra and Roku express. When i run the stream app, I am missing the channel lineup for locals in HD.  They are there in SD.

If I login via my phone or computer they show up.  Is this a problem in the beta app?

@examine your current Comcast bill. do you see a separate charge line for HD Technology @ $10 ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

What is funny is, Comcast has to downgrade the broadcast to send it out in SD. The other nonsense is, even if HD is part of your package, as it is mine, unless there is some nonsense about HD on your bill, you only get SD, which Comcast has to downgrade.
Regular Visitor

I gave this program a one star rating due to not being able to play the majority of my downloads.  I have downloaded over 50 programs in the past 2 weeks and 99% of the time I get an error message when trying to play the files that states: "well that didn't go as expected.  the good news is you can watch this show on demand".  I'm trying to take the shows with me for when I don't have internet access and don't want to stream them.  I have 2 tablets and one phone, all running android.  The issue occurs on all three devices.  Very frustrating!.  I use to be able to download my recording and play them without any issues.  Not sure if a recent app update caused this. 

Also, what happened to the ability to schedule a recording using the app.  This feature seems to missing with the last app update also.

New Poster

I just wanted to make a comment on the floating IP that you mentioned. I've been fighting with Comcast for over a year and a half to change my Cable modem public IP address because somebody is constantly trying to hack into my network. They have told me several times they'll look into it and have not done anything. It was even elevated to their security team and nothing was done. I traced back the IP address the hack attempts are coming from, it's a Comcast IP address. Just thought everybody should know.

As for the Roku app, they don't seem to maintain it. What's really sad is I have HD service and I can't get it through the Roku app.
Expert

@Unhappy-User1 wrote:
I just wanted to make a comment on the floating IP that you mentioned. I've been fighting with Comcast for over a year and a half to change my Cable modem public IP address because somebody is constantly trying to hack into my network. They have told me several times they'll look into it and have not done anything. It was even elevated to their security team and nothing was done. I traced back the IP address the hack attempts are coming from, it's a Comcast IP address. Just thought everybody should know.

As for the Roku app, they don't seem to maintain it. What's really sad is I have HD service and I can't get it through the Roku app.

while in beta, the Roku will only give you HD if you have a separate charge line on your bill for HD technology at $10/month. packages that include HD do not get HD on the Roku beta at this time.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

My X1 TV package includes HD Channels.  I get them on the stream app for IOS, Android and Web browsers  Just not the Roku App.

I signed up for a package that included HD, I will not pay an addition fee to stream them.

Regular Contributor

Just another way for Comcast to scam customers. The sad part is, most, if not all, channels are sent out (broadcast) in HD, which means Comcast had to convert them to SD. I too, am supposed to get HD, but as it is part of my package, I don't get HD on their Roku app. Hence I very seldom even use it any more.
New Poster

Re: "Channel Install Failed"....cannot add Xfinity Beta to my Roku

Same problem here on my Dynex 32 inch.  Very inconvenient because if it worked it saves the cost of adding another box.  So far, no luck, not happy.

Official Employee

Hello @rswain64

I'm sorry that you're experiencing errors. Are the downloads completing? Or is the error occurring on playback and not all downloads will complete? 

Thanks, 

Arlene 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

@Comcastarlene...I actually working with @ComcastElla on this.  I sent a private message about this a few days ago and also sent another reply to today.  Let me know if you want to be included in the private messages.

Expert

@Roland2 wrote:

Same problem here on my Dynex 32 inch.  Very inconvenient because if it worked it saves the cost of adding another box.  So far, no luck, not happy.

while in the beta test, limited devices are available. page one of this thread includes currently included devices. no Dynex brand is listed.

Frequent Visitor

This concerns the DRM-3 error problem which has been discussed in this topic... From what I can determine, in the third week of April, Comcast installed a new version, 2.4.7, of the Xfinity Stream application on the Roku platform. Since this version installed itself on my Roku device, I have not encountered the DRM-3 error.

New Poster

Does the app work on Roku stick 3500X?

Does the stream app work on Riki stick 3500X?
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Does the app work on Roku stick 3500X?

The paragraph headed What Roku devices can I use the app with? on https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-on-roku-faqs does not list that model number.

Contributor

Cant get mobile stream app to see dvr on any device since this morning.  Talked to customer rep via chat.  Says they refreshed and should work in 60 min does not.  Bill is payed.  They said they would elevate it and I should get call 📱 within 24 hours.  Real bummed because I wanted to watch Stanley Cup playoffs I recorded on my tablet.  So my wife could watch k dramas on tv. On edit: I called customer service after 23 minutes on phone they said there was a problem on their end they were working on it.  I wish that maybe Comcast could tell the first person u talk to about it.  Instead of trying to trouble shoot a problem that there is nothing to b done. Screenshot_2018-05-05-20-53-10.png

Regular Visitor

Same issue here. Rep said it was their problem. It still isn't fixed after 12 hours.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the heads up, clearsky. I revisited the Xfinity app on my Roku and it works great! Looks like Xfinity is paying attention....'bout time...Now looking for the app to show up on my 2017 LG TV.

New Poster

I just spent hours trying to get the streaming app to work again on my Samsung tabet (where it worked before) or on my Kindle.  The same problem kept coming up, that the app was not compatible with the device.  On line, Xfinity says that both of my devices are compatible (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements).  A very helpful person at Xfinity contacted the tech people, and the tech people said that streaming is not available any more!  Why wasn't this posted somewhere, to keep people from wasting time?  The web site still allows you to download the app. This is awful customer service.  This all happened around 3 pm today.

Regular Visitor

Well mine started working again but only newly recorded shows as of today. None of the past shows are in the cloud any longer.

New Poster

Same here! My recordings show up on my box and tv at home but on my laptop and phone it says I am showing no recordings. I’ve tried deleting an reinstalling the app but it’s also the tv xfinity page on my laptop that’s showing no recordings. I’m not missing recordings, it’s loterally nothing showing up.
New Poster

Re: Roku/Xfinity Stream Beta Not Working

Mine still doesn’t work.
Contributor

Mine stopped working today.....has been working flawless for several months.     On both tvs,   1 is a roku tv, 2017 model....other is a samsung tv using the roku streaming stick, current version.

New Poster

Today was the first day I’ve tried my Roku stick in a few weeks and noticed it wouldnt work. Keeps giving me the error message about needing to be on home WiFi. Clearly this is a large scale issue and I wish Comcast would just get it fixed Smiley Sad
New Poster

I just encountered this issue for the first time today. I’m using a streaming stick.
Expert

@Cass5 wrote:
Same here! My recordings show up on my box and tv at home but on my laptop and phone it says I am showing no recordings. I’ve tried deleting an reinstalling the app but it’s also the tv xfinity page on my laptop that’s showing no recordings. I’m not missing recordings, it’s loterally nothing showing up.

apparently a maintenance issue or upgrade issue with servers caused reset of some cloud DVR accounts. 

Expert

@dominiqlks wrote:
I just encountered this issue for the first time today. I’m using a streaming stick.

try uninstalling the stream beta app channel and reinstalling it.

Regular Contributor

@clearsky wrote:

This concerns the DRM-3 error problem which has been discussed in this topic... From what I can determine, in the third week of April, Comcast installed a new version, 2.4.7, of the Xfinity Stream application on the Roku platform. Since this version installed itself on my Roku device, I have not encountered the DRM-3 error.

This is good news! Thanks for the info!

Hearing this, we consider coming back and checking out Stream TV again. I'd be totally sold when I see an app for Amazon Fire TV.

New Poster

I'm have the same problem since yesterday when I upgraded my modem. Everything else seems to work but ROKU Xapp will not let me sign in as if I was trying to sign in with a different network than my home network. Sign out sign in. power cycle. Refresh nothing works. I guess I am not the only one.

Expert

@marksfamily84 wrote:

I'm have the same problem since yesterday when I upgraded my modem. Everything else seems to work but ROKU Xapp will not let me sign in as if I was trying to sign in with a different network than my home network. Sign out sign in. power cycle. Refresh nothing works. I guess I am not the only one.

changing the modem caused your problem but is easily fixed. get the HFC MAC address of the modem (cell phone picture of the label for example) and call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to change your modem to the new address. after the agent makes the change it can take up to 24 hours to update the back end but you can request that the agent perform a deep background refresh on your account after the modem address is changed by Comcast.

New Poster

I will try that . I also am not getting near 60mbps service that I am paying for. Speed test clocks about 12

New Poster

Customer service confirmed Mac was correct. Internet working good. Slower speeds than advertised. Maybe deep background refresh is needed.

New Poster

Hi, maybe you can help me....I’m a customer for 3 months and since been having problems with the service overall....hours and hours on the phone, technician came home, I’ve deleted app and done all needs to be done, and they keep telling me they’ll escalate the matter with the engineers, I’m hoping is the NASA team the one is going to bail them out, because still the stream app doesn’t work and I can’t see any channels I have when I’m paying for a 140+ package... doesn’t work on the iPhone, nor iPad, nor computer...any channel I click, it says requires a subscription,....and meanwhile still waiting but still paying... can someone fix this or I’m going somewhere else where I can actually get more channels for less, yes, I check I mean can’t be worse than this,... any help will be appreciated... 

New Poster

Roku Express /Xfinity Stream service

Having issue with stream app on my tv . I have a roku express hooked up 1 of two in the home and all it says Is "you haven't purchased anything" all of a sudden. The roku is updated to 8.0 the stream app is updated to 2.4 build 7 and I'm connected to my Xfinity in home wifi. I have went as far as to factory reset the roku np change
Expert

@Oj2ad wrote:

Hi, maybe you can help me....I’m a customer for 3 months and since been having problems with the service overall....hours and hours on the phone, technician came home, I’ve deleted app and done all needs to be done, and they keep telling me they’ll escalate the matter with the engineers, I’m hoping is the NASA team the one is going to bail them out, because still the stream app doesn’t work and I can’t see any channels I have when I’m paying for a 140+ package... doesn’t work on the iPhone, nor iPad, nor computer...any channel I click, it says requires a subscription,....and meanwhile still waiting but still paying... can someone fix this or I’m going somewhere else where I can actually get more channels for less, yes, I check I mean can’t be worse than this,... any help will be appreciated... 

do you have an error code? 

Expert

Re: Roku Express /Xfinity Stream service

@Mrgreen77 wrote:
Having issue with stream app on my tv . I have a roku express hooked up 1 of two in the home and all it says Is "you haven't purchased anything" all of a sudden. The roku is updated to 8.0 the stream app is updated to 2.4 build 7 and I'm connected to my Xfinity in home wifi. I have went as far as to factory reset the roku np change

do you have a smart device (apple or android) or a desk/laptop to test the stream app to see if your account has an issue?

New Poster

Yes works fine on my phone and on another roku in the home on the same network
Expert

@Mrgreen77 wrote:
Yes works fine on my phone and on another roku in the home on the same network

try logging out of the channel and then remove and reinstall the channel and login. working?

New Poster

Yea already did that a few time no luck
New Poster

no error code....just says this.....Subscription required::12012

your subscription does not include this channel. Please choose another channel...

Problem is my package is 140+ and it happens with all channels, so basically im subscribed to 0 channel becasue i cant see any of them...

regards

Expert

@Oj2ad wrote:

no error code....just says this.....Subscription required::12012

your subscription does not include this channel. Please choose another channel...

Problem is my package is 140+ and it happens with all channels, so basically im subscribed to 0 channel becasue i cant see any of them...

regards

using the my account app, select TV and then the link at top of the page (subscribed channels). does the linear channel appear in that list? if so then try logging out of the app, then uninstall the app. then install and log back in. does the channel appear? are you using a smart device (apple/android) or a roku?

Regular Visitor

@Rustyben wrote:
Packages that include HD do not get HD on the Roku beta at this time. 

Does this include premium channels? I have Starz on my account, and I can only watch it in SD using the Roku app. This can't be right. 

New Poster

Well, here I am, 10 days and 3 attempts to fix the problem later.  My streaming stopped working, and I've uninstalled the Xfinity Stream App on two devices, a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 running Android 4.1.2 and a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 running system 8.5.1.  I usually got a message saying that the devices were incompatible with the app, although sometimes it didn't say that but the download went bad. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements  says that Android 4.1 works.  It also says that Kindle Fire HD works. 

I finally got a tech person who checked and said that the web site is out of date(!!)  You now need Android 4.4.  Also, she said that I need HDX, contrary to the web site.  Again, Xfinity's web site is out of date!!!

The people on the phone for Xfinity were very nice, and tried very hard, but I still wasted hours and hours trying to fix this.  The company should treat their employees and their customers better than this.  How about a partial refund on my bill, Xfinity?

Expert

@jlivius wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:
Packages that include HD do not get HD on the Roku beta at this time. 

Does this include premium channels? I have Starz on my account, and I can only watch it in SD using the Roku app. This can't be right. 

if I understand your question, you are asking if the Roku will play the HD channels. The Roku at this time includes HD during the beta period if your bill has a separate line for HD technology fee ($10). if the HD is included in your package then the Roku won't display the HD channels except for your local broadcast channels. That is the last I heard on the issue.

Expert

@lobb wrote:

Well, here I am, 10 days and 3 attempts to fix the problem later.  My streaming stopped working, and I've uninstalled the Xfinity Stream App on two devices, a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 running Android 4.1.2 and a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 running system 8.5.1.  I usually got a message saying that the devices were incompatible with the app, although sometimes it didn't say that but the download went bad. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements  says that Android 4.1 works.  It also says that Kindle Fire HD works. 

I finally got a tech person who checked and said that the web site is out of date(!!)  You now need Android 4.4.  Also, she said that I need HDX, contrary to the web site.  Again, Xfinity's web site is out of date!!!

The people on the phone for Xfinity were very nice, and tried very hard, but I still wasted hours and hours trying to fix this.  The company should treat their employees and their customers better than this.  How about a partial refund on my bill, Xfinity?

yes minimum is 4.4 android (kit-kat). there is no charge for using the streaming service. 

New Poster

So, there is no charge for the streaming service?  It is part of the price that you pay for all service combined, and I lost part of that service for weeks.  If Comcast had been doing their job properly, they would have posted the updated requirement on line (remember, they did not) so that their own employees would have been able to help a customer.  By not posting it, they wasted employee time and my time--probably more than a work-day's worth.

As I said, the employees I talked too were very nice, and tried very hard to help. 

As for your comment, how did it help?  I already found out what the solution was and posted it for other victims.  Your contribuition was to repeat the requirement, and to add a gratuituous "there is no charge for using the streaming service".  Thank you, Xfinity Forum Expert.

New Poster

Last week I upgraded the Comcast service in my vacation home to include internet and WIFI.  This meant that I needed to replace the existing router with a new one.  I returned the original and for some reason could not get the replacement to work, so switched that out with Comcast for another.  I finally got the internet to work including the WIFI so all was good.

I bought 2 Roku streaming sticks + specifically to use the Xfinity streaming app.  I got the message that I couldnt use it because I needed to be on my in home WIFI.  It took a couple of days to sort it out but a great guy from the advanced team in Comcast (Von)  wouldnt stop until it was fixed.

The problem was that the first two routers were never removed from my account in the Comcast database and the tech couldnt see my SSID on the newest router.  He removed the previous two routers and sent a refresh to the current router.  It didnt work right away.

At that point I needed to delete the Xfinity app from Roku, reinstall it and it worked great.  Actually both of them. 

If you end up with that issue again it may be worth asking how many routers they see and give Comcast the serial number and MAC address of the router that you have on your network.