Community Forum

XFINITY Stream on Roku

Regular Visitor

Re: XFINITY Stream on Roku

"During this Beta phase, due to technical limitations, customers using the XFINITY Stream Beta app on Roku (other than XFINITY Instant TV and XFINITY On Campus customers) can only use that app on secondary Service to Additional TV outlets and will need to have at least one Comcast-provided TV Box or CableCARD in their home as their primary outlet. Customers using the XFINITY Stream Beta app on Roku on Service to Additional TV outlets using Rokus do not require a Comcast-provided TV Box or CableCARD."

Does this mean I can turn in my Comcast DVR, move to a TIVO with a Comcast-provided cable card and that satisfies the Comcast-provided cable box requirement to use my Rokus on my other TVs to use Xfinity Stream?

Expert

@carandazzo wrote:

"During this Beta phase, due to technical limitations, customers using the XFINITY Stream Beta app on Roku (other than XFINITY Instant TV and XFINITY On Campus customers) can only use that app on secondary Service to Additional TV outlets and will need to have at least one Comcast-provided TV Box or CableCARD in their home as their primary outlet. Customers using the XFINITY Stream Beta app on Roku on Service to Additional TV outlets using Rokus do not require a Comcast-provided TV Box or CableCARD."

Does this mean I can turn in my Comcast DVR, move to a TIVO with a Comcast-provided cable card and that satisfies the Comcast-provided cable box requirement to use my Rokus on my other TVs to use Xfinity Stream?

it appears it is for X1 service which TV would not meet. The Roku is for use as a customer owned any device solution that has no access to the home's DVRs. The Roku pricing has not been announced but 3rd party publicants predict monhly charges of $7 to $8 which is very near the rental of an x1 non-DVR set top box. I could give you more details if you like of the differences but trust me it is not the X1 set top box experience. for example it can only play back the 60 hours of cloud DVR recordings, can't fast forward, can't pause live TV, phone-app Roku search does not work...

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Roku/Xfinity Stream Beta Not Working

Roku keeps saying "This Device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity WiFi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like".

I'm on my Xfinity home wifi but it keeps erroring to this along with Error createDrmSession.403-102.

Can someone on Comcast please advise?

-Brad

New Poster

Re: Missing HD channels on Roku TV app

I have no HD as well,  have they fixed yours? I have no plans paying for their Roku app as it should be free with the service.

Highlighted
New Poster

How can I get a activation code to use roku app on my xfinity stream

The Activation Code screen will appear on the Roku device. Go to www.xfinity.com/authorize from a mobile, tablet or desktop device web browser (not from the Roku) to continue the activation process.
Activation screen with 6 spaces for entering activation code.

New Poster

Re: Roku/Xfinity Stream Beta Not Working

Having the same problem. Xfinity tech says you can't use this service on a ROKU or tv. What is the friggin purpose of it then?

Official Employee

App Store Replies - Xfinity Stream Mobile App Troubleshooting

If you have posted a review in either the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store for Xfinity Stream and received a reply asking you to post your issue here. 

You are in the right place, and we are here to help. 

Please post your issue in a reply here and include as much information as you can. 

Some tips: 
Please try to include the time and date of the issue(s) you experienced in the Xfinity Stream app. 
If you received an error, include the code and text where available. 
If the issue reoccurs on a specific program, show, or channel, try to be as specific as possible. 

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Just started getting this myself. Brand new roku smart tv (tcl). The app has been working without issue since I have been using it (about a month). I am on my home xfinity network. Restarted the modem, restarted the tv, removed the app and readded. Signed out, re-authenticated. Still same error. I can access streaming fine on my computer and android phone.
New Poster

Re: App Store Replies - Xfinity Stream Mobile App Troubleshooting

Xfinity stream app just stopped working around 3 days ago. I have it on my ipad and roku tv. Roku won’t even start as it’s saying I’m not on home wifi even when I am. Ipad xfinity app works for tv go channels but other channels would say I need to be in my home wifi. Sooo frustrating. Multiple chats and calls with different comcast help desk agents and still no solution.
New Poster

Same problem here. Multiple chats and calls to comcast help desk with no solution. At the end they would always tell me that tje roku tv I have (insignia roku tv) is not supported (??? Duh, it has been working for months fine before this...)
I hope they fix this soon.
New Poster

I get error code Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102) on all my roku devices and on iOS I am unable to see hole channels. It states I’m not connected to home WiFi. Problem stated 3/7/2018 and no one from tech support can assist. Looking at the forums this is a known issue starting 3/7. What is the timeline for resolution or is there a current fix?
New Poster

Home channels not hole channels.
New Poster

I’ve got 6 Roku premier + Units that I have been successfully using this app on for well over 6 months without issue until I started getting this error on all of them last night. An escalated support call ended with me being informed this is a known issue and would be resolved soon. That call was at 8AM cst, over 9 hours ago. The outage overall is now 24 hours in. Please fix!!
New Poster

Same problem as others. Message says that I need to be hooked up to home WiFi, and I clearly am. I enter a new authorization code, get a success message on my device, and then the roku TV continues to get the same error message. Worked fine before today. 

New Poster

Having same issue, started around the 7th of March 2018, I’ve been hung up one twice by tech support. Continues to say “I’m out of home”

Doesn’t matter if it’s a desktop computer ir mobile device
New Poster

The app stopped working properly for me as well about 5 days ago. I cannot view any recent DVR recordings. Same issue on both Android and Apple devices.
Regular Visitor

My Xfinity stream app stop working roughly 5 days ago. It will no longer connect by saying ERRoR getchannelmap.400. Ive try resetting, unistalling and reinstall and nothing changes. I would like an update on when it will resolve. Or whats going on
New Poster

Same here with 6 Roku units as well.  Worked earlier today with a real nice 1st level who couldn't help but I appreciated his time. Escalated trouble and was supposed to get a call back... Its been about 9 hours.  Will have to pick it up tomorrow.  All units have been working perfectly for 8-9 months. 

New Poster

First level rep also escalated my problem today. He tried sending a programming signal to my modem but it did not change anything. He quoted 24-48 hours for a call back. I learned during the call that the streaming app on my iPad was also not working properly. Local channels will not stream because the app is not seeing my modem as being my home WiFi. To be continued...

Expert

apparently it is a nationwide problem but only affects some customers. they are working on the problem.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

This app is deplorable. Can't stream for more than 20-25 minutes without crashing the TV so bad it cold boots, or it hangs to the point that I have to pull the power cord on the TV and power it back on. I can't even navigate to a show to try watching it if I've used another app since powering the TV on, that freezes it so badly that I have to get up and pull the power cord on the TV.

It's been like this for around the 1 year that I've owned the TV, started day 1 with this app and everything else works fine. There's countless threads about all roku tv's (natively built in roku) being leggy and locking up / freezing / rebooting.

Getting ready to cut the cord.

ROKU TV 5136X
TCL MODEL 40FS3800
SW VER 8.0.0 BUILD 4142-08
Regular Visitor

This app quit working correctly for me about 5 days ago. Have spoke to multi reps at Xfinity without getting this resolved. First lost multi live channels, they managed to get those back. Then For You channels started telling me "no match" for shows I've watched forever. Then occasionally I will get a match, but only gives series info & upcoming-no recent episodes. I like a lot of the Bravo shows, but only way I can watch them now is if they are live. Tried going thru the browse category by network. When I then click on Bravo network, it doesn't list any shows on Bravo at all. Something is seriously wrong with this app & Xfinity seems unable to correct it.

Expert

@plmoody wrote:

This app quit working correctly for me about 5 days ago. Have spoke to multi reps at Xfinity without getting this resolved. First lost multi live channels, they managed to get those back. Then For You channels started telling me "no match" for shows I've watched forever. Then occasionally I will get a match, but only gives series info & upcoming-no recent episodes. I like a lot of the Bravo shows, but only way I can watch them now is if they are live. Tried going thru the browse category by network. When I then click on Bravo network, it doesn't list any shows on Bravo at all. Something is seriously wrong with this app & Xfinity seems unable to correct it.

a national problem was 'fixed' overnight. are you still having the problem?

Regular Visitor

Still having problems with For You category. Still getting no match most of the time. When I do get match peroidically, then all that comes up is series info & upcoming, not episodes
New Poster

Still unable to watch Live TV on Roku or iOS devices. StreamTV seems to think I am not on Xfinity In Home network, even when i am connected to home WiFi on Arris cable modem.
2106490F-7EB6-4777-AC17-B728C8A11D51.png
Expert

@AroraSP wrote:
Still unable to watch Live TV on Roku or iOS devices. StreamTV seems to think I am not on Xfinity In Home network, even when i am connected to home WiFi on Arris cable modem.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Roku-Error-createDrmSession-403-102/m-p/3065827/highlight...

Regular Visitor

As of this evening, the app is now functioning properly on my phone & tablet.
New Poster

Took about 48 hours to be fixed. Comcast never contacted me but was working after I checked on a few different occasions. Of course I have no idea what fixed the issue. So much for customer service. Don't get me wrong, glad its fixed, but would like to know what it was.

New Poster

Yes, I just randomly checked last week and found my streaming working again. Wish I would have gotten a call back since they said they would. I was even asked for and left my contact number two separate times with the first level help person. 

New Poster

I have similar problems.

What I have done in the past is to log into the modem and do a factory reset.  I use the same wifi network and passkey as before so I don't have to connect all the devices back to the wifi.

The streaming works after that for about a week, then it goes back to the "you must be on your home wifi" message.

I get it on all of my devices (phone, tablet, computer, Roku)...

New Poster

Thanks for the info... did everything but that.  I'll try it if/when it happens again,

Regular Visitor

My live tv has not worked since March 08 2018 on my computer. Is there a way to fix it?

Expert

@DNIECEY wrote:

My live tv has not worked since March 08 2018 on my computer. Is there a way to fix it?

can you describe the problem? did you try the Chrome browser with integrated flash? error codes?

Official Employee

@CDSITGUY

Are you still getting the DRM error code? 

New Poster

My xfinity app on my android phone hasnt been working for almost 2 weeks. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and updated. Still has the same thing showing.
Screenshot_2018-03-28-18-52-51.png
Regular Visitor

Thank you for replying. There are no error codes. I get to the show I want to see and when it comes up the video is frozen

New Poster

My experience with the Xfinity Stream ROKU Beta is it works great when watching a channel. But Heaven forfend trying to switch channels! Usually get "Error DRM.-3" but when I try it again it sometimes works. But sometimes I have to go all the way out and back in again. 

New Poster

I am trying to get the Fox News Channel to stream live on my Roku device.   After installation and verification it works, but as soon as I turn the TV off and try to log in again it will not stream, just indicating that it is not available from my local provider.   Several others in your forum are having the same decertification problem.   The local Xfinity office people are not able to help me solve the situation.   I want to use my Roku device to get Fox News on my summer home TV using my Xfinity cable TV subscription that I leave on and active at my permanent home in Chico even though I am away for four months in the summer.  I have the Xfinity Stream Beta App on Roku as well, but it is only designed for use through the Xfinity cable, not wifi over the internet, so will not work at my summer home.   Please help!  

Expert

@chicodave wrote:

I am trying to get the Fox News Channel to stream live on my Roku device.   After installation and verification it works, but as soon as I turn the TV off and try to log in again it will not stream, just indicating that it is not available from my local provider.   Several others in your forum are having the same decertification problem.   The local Xfinity office people are not able to help me solve the situation.   I want to use my Roku device to get Fox News on my summer home TV using my Xfinity cable TV subscription that I leave on and active at my permanent home in Chico even though I am away for four months in the summer.  I have the Xfinity Stream Beta App on Roku as well, but it is only designed for use through the Xfinity cable, not wifi over the internet, so will not work at my summer home.   Please help!  

I'm on my home internet wifi with the roku. i get a blue message screen "i-Service Provider issue-your service provider currently doesn't grant access to this content. Please contact them for more details. note that you can use a PC connected to your vacation home TV and use TVgo channel fox news and the stream site using a browser. (connect via chromecast or via HDMI connector).

Expert

adding... i logged out of provider in the fox news roku app and logged in again. went through the activation process and it is working on my home wifi again.

New Poster

Tried the log out and reinstall method, but it did not correct the Roku situation.   Unless I find a way to get it fixed using Roku, I may try the PC to TV suggestion using FoxNews Go to stream to from a laptop or ipad to my TV either with a cord or wireless.   Hope it would give me a live feed as well as the ability to view recent programs such as Bret Bair and Chris Wallace.

New Poster

This exact same thing happened to us for 2 whole weeks. We had no television. It went up to Tier 3 support, a tech came out, blah blah blah. Now it's working and our service is garbage. Our recordings skip and don't record entire shows. Subtitles pop up out of nowhere. It's the strangest thing. They shouldn't have rolled out this service because clearly it wasn't ready. I'm canceling tomorrow, I suggest you get out while you can still get your money back. 

New Poster

Re: roku app error (drm.-3)

From what we can see here when trouble shooting error and breaking it down.. it is a connect issue.. not so much the distance of the modem nut the connect to the modem.. Try to boast the wifi signal or increase Hardwire speed this is what we are finding resolve the issue. If you are using a customer owned modem , check to make sure that your modem can handle the speeds that are being push to the device as well a being current and up to date..please check the certifided modem list if you are not sure..

Thank you all for the feedback as we are working hard to improve are customer experiencing Smiley Happy

Contributor

What? I hope you are not a Comcast employee. What appears to be happening is a connection issue with the Roku and Comcast's server, not the Roku and the modem. Most, if not all having the issue, have no issue with other apps. What I have found though, is my approved modem loses the connection with Comcast internet. I was told by a tech that it is the was that Comcast uses what the he called "floating" ip addresses. I am assuming he means that Comcast does not use static ip addresses, so the modem forgets to update the new address, which makes it pose conection. Notice of late, my internet speed have been all over the place. Sometimes as low as <1Mbs and as high as 70Mbp. I am on Comcast's 60Mbs plan (this is measured over both wired and wireless conection).
New Poster

I downloaded the xfinity app off google play store. Been working fine up till about a month ago when they sent a signal to my modem. Now the app constantly freezes up!! So how can this be fixed ?? And Yes I've taken the app off & redowned it again still same problem get about 5 mins of an hour show 😬😡😠😟
Frequent Visitor

I have been using this app on my Roky since it was release. It has always been buggy, but have been able to deal with it. But now the DRM errors have gotten to the point that it's basically unusable.

Comcast, what is the latest on fixing the DRM issue? This has been going on for since the beginning.
Frequent Visitor

In response to L3t3's and asndad's comments... I have been receiving the drm-3 error message for months, but I have a Roku Ultra model with a hard wired connection to my modem. This is not just an issue centered around a wireless / wi-fi connection.

Frequent Visitor

For the information of anyone reading this message thread...

There are 2 (that I know of) separate, but simultaneous, message threads on the "Xfinity Help & Support Forums" concerning this issue:

XFINITY Stream on Roku (this one)
(http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/XFINITY-Stream-on-Roku/td-p/2834869)

and

Roku xfinity stream beta (Error DRM.-3)
(http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Roku-xfinity-stream-beta-Error-DRM-3/td-p/2920261)

Expert

@LI501 wrote:
I downloaded the xfinity app off google play store. Been working fine up till about a month ago when they sent a signal to my modem. Now the app constantly freezes up!! So how can this be fixed ?? And Yes I've taken the app off & redowned it again still same problem get about 5 mins of an hour show 😬😡😠😟

is this while playing back recordings from the Cloud DVR or while watching live streaming TV? TVgo channels? on-demand?

New Poster

Live channels on my cell phone which is also thru XFINITY 🙂