Community Forum

XFINITY Stream on Roku

Frequent Visitor

Re: XFINITY Stream on Roku

Xfinity App performance on my Roku TV has improved to the point of being usable. The guide doesn't populate speedily, but no problem watching live TV (even HD channels) the last few days.
Regular Contributor

Rusty, perhaps you could take some time and explain why, as "a customer like you but have no Roku to try", you can be one of the most prolific responders to this thread solving issues with the ROKU app. The ROKU app has been out for how long in BETA format???? An app in BETA usually responds with a rapid succession of updates, leading up to an actual release. This BETA app feels more and more like an abandoned product with no release in sight. Someone, somewhere, still needs to provide a rational argument about why the ROKU would require compensation to content providers, but somehow, playing the same content on a 27" computer monitor would not require the same compensation.

Expert

plummerl wrote:

Rusty, perhaps you could take some time and explain why, as "a customer like you but have no Roku to try", you can be one of the most prolific responders to this thread solving issues with the ROKU app. The ROKU app has been out for how long in BETA format???? An app in BETA usually responds with a rapid succession of updates, leading up to an actual release. This BETA app feels more and more like an abandoned product with no release in sight. Someone, somewhere, still needs to provide a rational argument about why the ROKU would require compensation to content providers, but somehow, playing the same content on a 27" computer monitor would not require the same compensation.

hi, I did request a 'loaner' Roku but it was not provided. I don't need a Roku as I have 3 DVRs and an XG2 in a two person household.  The experts as well as the other Problem Solvers donate their time and expertise to try to help other customers. The Beta for Roku devices is 'open' to all Comcast customers and is free while in Beta. Comcast's stated goal is to have the Roku be a customer choice to replace a companion device in the home. The computer monitor is allowed under the apparent licensing terms between Comcast and the suppliers of the entertainment (networks and channels). Similarly connecting via HDMI from a lap/desktop to a TV is a 'grandfathered' allowed connection under the same contracts. 

I personally use a chromebook and iPad mini (as well as my iphone 7+ when out of home) to stream TV as a second screen or to use my IPod bluetooth ear buds for early morning watching without disturbing my sleeping wife.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

All of that says nothing. ALL other "cable" companies, such as AT&T, Spetrum, etc., offer their steam on Roku, free of charge to their subscribers. As I have some understanding of licensing policies, they licence user accounts, not number of devices, just as Comcast does. This is further evidenced by the fact that broadcast fees are the same for one Comcast devices or four. The only extra charge is for renting the equipment. It is further shown by the fact that you can stream over mobile, computer, and other devices for free, even on Comcast. If you really want to be an "expert" for the Roku app, you should buy a Roku and see how it work ( or doesn't at times), then you will know what people at talking about. To me, it seems you are a paid still for Comcast, and not an expert in Roku apps. Most of your advice is terrible, and solves nothing. Examples include, you say for people to buy a different Roku device instead of using the person's Roku TV, when acording the Comcast employees, Roku Tv's are supported. You have given absolutely no usable advice throughout this entire thread, other than try to restart the device, and any person with even a small intelligence would try that anyway.
Frequent Visitor

As I've increased use of the app recently, I thought I'd mention that it has been acting as designed on two streaming sticks without errors for a few weeks now.  To reiterate things written before, these things would be great improvements:

Easy way to go straight back to the last channel being viewed immediatly upon opening the app.

Not having to select a channel, wait for the description to load, and then being able to click "watch" would be nice.  I want to select a channel in the guide and be watching it without having to click twice.

Have the current channel still playing in the corner while perusing the guide, like a normal cable box.

Contributor

Re: Xfinity TV on Roku

ComcastDan wrote:

tasewell wrote:

Any information yet about getting Starz On Demand content in HD?  I have the option to select one of 2 streams, so I select the one with the "HD" symbol, but as soon as it starts playing, I can see from the fuzzy title and fuzzy parental rating that it is not HD.

I get Starz in HD resolution for Live TV and the Starz app for Fire TV provided me HD resolution before Xfinity stopped authorizing it for Fire TV.

Any update on this issue?

I saw this listed on our technical team's list of known issues with the Roku beta.  It is still being investigated so I don't have an ETA on resolution.

It has been over 6 months and I still don't get the majority of Starz in HD for On Demand content even though live tv content is HD for Starz.  This seems more like a server or provisioning problem and not a problem with the Xfinity app.

New Poster

Re: roku app error (drm.-3)

I too am suddenly getting the error drm.-3 on my Roku enabled TV. Was working fine for a couple of months. Have tried logging out/logging into app, removing and reinstalling the app, resetting the wifi connection on my smart TV to no avail. What's really weird is the Xfinity Stream app works fine from my iPhone, Macbook and laptop PC? Any further suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott

New Poster

Notice Xfinity Stream app on my PC's and Mobile devices no longer list "beta" in their icons/titles but the Xfinity Stream app per my Roku-enabled TV - Streaming Channels listing still lists the "beta" status - could this be the issue why Xfinity Stream is no longer working on my Roku-enabled Smart TV?

Admin1

Hi Stikkman61 -- I can help with that error. Can you tell me what Roku model you have along with which operating system it's running on please? Also the Stream App only lists a beta on Roku because it's a beta app for that device. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I get this error a ton, mainly when watching sports and it goes to a commercial. I have roku premiere +. I have updated my roku system and the beta fully as of 9/14/17.
Frequent Visitor

This issue has existed since May-June. None of the recommendations here have helped myself, or the majority of people looking for help here. The only response you'll get is to reinstall or reauthorize the app, or that you shouldn't complain because it's a "Beta" app.

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity app on Roku

Around September 11th I started noticing something odd with Live TV on the Xfinity App from my Roku Stick.  In the middle of the night (early morning) it would shut down and go back to the home page.  I could just hit OK and restart the process.  It got progressively worse to the point that last night and this morning Xfinity will only be on for maximum 2 minutes (I timed it) before it shuts down!  What's going on?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

I should also mention, this is only happening on my tv in my room.  The living room has the Xfinity box that can record programs.  

Thanks

Expert

Re: Xfinity app on Roku

sbtgran wrote:

Around September 11th I started noticing something odd with Live TV on the Xfinity App from my Roku Stick.  In the middle of the night (early morning) it would shut down and go back to the home page.  I could just hit OK and restart the process.  It got progressively worse to the point that last night and this morning Xfinity will only be on for maximum 2 minutes (I timed it) before it shuts down!  What's going on?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

I should also mention, this is only happening on my tv in my room.  The living room has the Xfinity box that can record programs.  

Thanks

hi, I moved your post to the roku mega-thread. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity Stream Beta Roku Issue

Currently having trouble with our xfinity stream app on the Roku.  It loads and you can watch a program for abour 3 minutes before it kicks you all the way out to the main Roku screen and you have to restart the Xfinity App.  Any solutions or help?!

Tags (2)
Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta Roku Issue

Thank you!!!  It's good to know I'm not the only one with the same issue!  Now all we need is someone to fix the problem!  Right?

Expert

kls185 wrote:

Currently having trouble with our xfinity stream app on the Roku.  It loads and you can watch a program for abour 3 minutes before it kicks you all the way out to the main Roku screen and you have to restart the Xfinity App.  Any solutions or help?!

Hi, I moved your post to the roku beta megathread.

New Poster

How do i get to the roku mega thread?

Expert

kls185 wrote:

How do i get to the roku mega thread?

your post is 'here' now.

New Poster

I know! We have been having this issue for a couple days now! Ready for some sort of options on a fix!

New Poster

Thanks Ben

New Poster

Thanks RustyBen

New Poster

Having the same issue, too, with Xfinity Stream and Roku kicking me out after a few minutes to the home screen.  It's super annoying!  I tried deleting the channel and adding it back.  Robooting the router/modem.  I haven't tried rebooting the Roku stick yet.  Anyone else have a solution?

Official Employee

Hello All,

I was able to verify this error code is currently being investigated but has not been determined a known issue. I would like to gather all of your account info and Roku device make and model so we can monitor this for all affected. To protect the privacy of your accounts, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, phone number, and the street address or the full account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

Roku Streaming App - Auto HD Channels

Similar on the X1 boxes where you can enable them to turne to HD channels automatically, can you add this to Roku?

For example on the x1 boxes with this enabled when I browse for a channel between 1-999 (standard def) if there is an associated HD channel it will then auto switch to the Hd channels

This works for watching tv and recordings

Thank you!
Expert

Re: Roku Streaming App - Auto HD Channels

computeronix15 wrote:
Similar on the X1 boxes where you can enable them to turne to HD channels automatically, can you add this to Roku?

For example on the x1 boxes with this enabled when I browse for a channel between 1-999 (standard def) if there is an associated HD channel it will then auto switch to the Hd channels

This works for watching tv and recordings

Thank you!

Hi, I moved your post to the mega-Roku beta thread

Regular Visitor

Why don't you just turn the filter on to only show HD so the standard def channels don't show?
Expert

joethecoach wrote:
Why don't you just turn the filter on to only show HD so the standard def channels don't show?

Hi, to which post did you reply? if you touch the 'quote' button before starting your reply it will be easy for readers to determine.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Roku Streaming App

Hello, After I authorize my newly purchased Roku Express, the TV shows,

“welcome! This device can only access XFINITY Stream on your in-Home XFINITY WiFi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like. Exit App button. Error createDrmSession.403-102”

I moved xfinity service to my house the day I tried to connect the roku.

The roku is connected to my home XFINITY WiFi. (I’m connected to SSID named MyHouse)

I own my own modem, and WiFi router.

My iPhone’s xfinity Stream TV app, while connected to my XFINITY WiFi, also had the same problem. I called Xfinity and they did something magical to fix the iPhone problem. The roku problem still exists.

I reset my modem and router numerous times.

I removed the stream app from roku and re added it.

I factory reset my roku and re added the stream app.

More fun facts: I moved to the house where my father lived. He also had comcast. We scheduled to terminate his service and move my service from my previous address on the same day (this is the day I first tried to connect roku and Stream TV). Well I first tried to connect roku to Stream TV before swapping out his equipment and adding mine. So I was connected to his WiFi and modem. When authorizing with the code, I logged in with my comcast credentials, not his. I then received the same error as above. I then pulled out all his cable boxes and plugged mine in. Then I plugged in my modem and router. I tried everything listed above and I’m stuck. I really want to get stream working on Roku.

Please help!!
6C4D0B2E-C952-4108-BADC-6D757BB59582.jpeg
Expert

NumberOneGuy2 wrote:
Hello, After I authorize my newly purchased Roku Express, the TV shows,

“welcome! This device can only access XFINITY Stream on your in-Home XFINITY WiFi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like. Exit App button. Error createDrmSession.403-102”

I moved xfinity service to my house the day I tried to connect the roku.

The roku is connected to my home XFINITY WiFi. (I’m connected to SSID named MyHouse)

I own my own modem, and WiFi router.

My iPhone’s xfinity Stream TV app, while connected to my XFINITY WiFi, also had the same problem. I called Xfinity and they did something magical to fix the iPhone problem. The roku problem still exists.

I reset my modem and router numerous times.

I removed the stream app from roku and re added it.

I factory reset my roku and re added the stream app.

More fun facts: I moved to the house where my father lived. He also had comcast. We scheduled to terminate his service and move my service from my previous address on the same day (this is the day I first tried to connect roku and Stream TV). Well I first tried to connect roku to Stream TV before swapping out his equipment and adding mine. So I was connected to his WiFi and modem. When authorizing with the code, I logged in with my comcast credentials, not his. I then received the same error as above. I then pulled out all his cable boxes and plugged mine in. Then I plugged in my modem and router. I tried everything listed above and I’m stuck. I really want to get stream working on Roku.

Please help!!

call 800-Comcast and verify the service and your equipment is in your account now. Verify that the Roku is added to your account 'on an outlet'. They may offer to do a 'deep account refresh' that can take up to an hour (it is not a delaying tactic).

Frequent Visitor

Same problem here, as many others have reported. I tried to watch Live TV and program started but error message appeared about 3 minutes in. However, I was able to go to On Demand and watch the same program without any problems. Seems that On Demand was available as soon as the live program started playing, at least for Showtime last night.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks it works now! I called comcast and quoted your post. They did a refresh and said it could take 60 minutes. After waiting 60 minutes, just to be safe, I attempted the authorization and it worked as designed.

Now I’m watching HD Monday Football without a box. I love it.
Expert

NumberOneGuy2 wrote:
Thanks it works now! I called comcast and quoted your post. They did a refresh and said it could take 60 minutes. After waiting 60 minutes, just to be safe, I attempted the authorization and it worked as designed.

Now I’m watching HD Monday Football without a box. I love it.

that's great! thanks for letting all of us know.

Frequent Visitor

I'm not sure if this is the correct post to ask this question, but what is the best Roku model for using the Stream app (in terms of quickness of changing channels)?  After playing with the Roku Express for one night I find that switching channels is not entirely friendly. The biggest problem is having to wait for the guide to populate show information before being allowed to change channels.  My end goal is to have all family members use the Roku (some have more patience than others). 

My Roku Express is about 10 feet from my WiFi router, the signal strength is very strong. 

1. While watching a channel, I want to choose another channel.

2. On the Roku remote, I click the back button (the top left button). After a few seconds the Xfinity guide appears. 

3. The guide is populated with show information, however if I scroll down, the show information needs to repopulate.  This takes a few seconds.  

4. I highlight the channel I want to watch, then again a few seconds passes before the "watch" button appears. 

5. Click the watch button and the stream begins.  

Would this process load any faster on the higher-end Roku's?  I assume the Roku downloads show info on the fly instead of pre-populating and storing in memory.  Not sure if various Roku's handle that function differently.  

New Poster

Having trouble with Xfinity app on my Ruko

I continue to receive a Error create DRM session 403-102
Contributor

It looks like XFINITY Instant TV will be able to use the Roku XFINITY Stream App.  See https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/xfinity-instant-tv-tips.

Expert

Re: Having trouble with Xfinity app on my Ruko

Bkimble06 wrote:

hi, I moved your app to the beta Roku thread.

Expert

Re: Having trouble with Xfinity app on my Ruko

Bkimble06 wrote:

I asked for a Comcast employee to check those codes for you.

New Poster

Not able to stream on ROKU

i am trying to use the XFINITY App on Roku. throws up error that  this device needs to be on in home XFINITY Wi-FI. I have internet from xfinity but with my personal modem and router. does it need XIFINITY gateway to run this app?

Expert

Re: Not able to stream on ROKU

anilkumarkar wrote:

i am trying to use the XFINITY App on Roku. throws up error that  this device needs to be on in home XFINITY Wi-FI. I have internet from xfinity but with my personal modem and router. does it need XIFINITY gateway to run this app?

no you can use your own wireless router but you have to use the SSID that you used for that wireless router. you can not use the SSID xfinitywifi.

New Poster

it looks like the latest update broke my xfinity stream beta on roku 4630x.  i no longer get the high (HD) channels and many of the (SD) channels present a small picture not filling the screen on my tv.

Expert

jbre wrote:

it looks like the latest update broke my xfinity stream beta on roku 4630x.  i no longer get the high (HD) channels and many of the (SD) channels present a small picture not filling the screen on my tv.

please do these steps. signout of the stream app and remote the app. unplug the device from your TV for 30 sconds or more. plug back in, install app, and login to the app. results?

New Poster

Does adding an SD card help with speed, or maybe a better question is can XFINITY Stream Beta app use an SD card to cache items that you frequently use? 

Using a 2016 Roku Ultra.

New Poster

I have same problem. HD channels missing from roku, but work on iOS. I have tried the steps you mention
Expert

cashedoutent wrote:
I have same problem. HD channels missing from roku, but work on iOS. I have tried the steps you mention

look at your most recent bill. do you see a line that says HD technology fee for $10 ? for the Roku beta that must be on your bill to get cable channels in HD.

New Poster

Yes I have Hd technology fee. Also, I get the HD channels on iOS and PC. The HD channels worked on roku up until a few days ago
Expert

cashedoutent wrote:
Yes I have Hd technology fee. Also, I get the HD channels on iOS and PC. The HD channels worked on roku up until a few days ago

if you have already logged out, uninstalled the app and unplugged the roku for 30+ seconds and that didn't fix it, call 800-Comcast and select billing and ask them to do a deep database refresh (will take about an hour to complete). then login to the app and verify it is working.

New Poster

xfinity roku app times out after approx 1 min of usage. i tried uplugging and re-plugging the hdmi stick from the tv, and also deleting and re-adding the app with no success. same issue. please explain the best way to fix this issue?

Expert

jaykay1 wrote:

xfinity roku app times out after approx 1 min of usage. i tried uplugging and re-plugging the hdmi stick from the tv, and also deleting and re-adding the app with no success. same issue. please explain the best way to fix this issue?

is this a stick or a cable connected device? if a stick do you have a side or front HDMI connector that would allow you to test a different position to receive wifi? 

New Poster

My xfinity beta stream app keeps crashing after about 2 mins of viewing. I tried removing the app and re-downloading it, and it still continues to crash... can someone help me trouble shoot? My TV is a roku TV 522x Sharpe model LC-55LB481U

Frequent Visitor

I too had the issue where it was just booting me off after a few minutes, so far looks like rebooting my roku resolved the problem.

is there a certain spot I should post feature requests/feedback? I'd like to have a way to set favorites and have a better overall searching