Community Forum

XFINITY Stream on Roku

Regular Visitor

Re: Xifinity Stream App on Roku

I too have the same issue that NainRogue just mentioned.

"Oops Something Went Wrong" when I go to launch the app on my Roku 3.

*Update*

Check that about about 5ish minutes it is up and running again.

Xfinity App is  Version 2.0 Build 5

Roku 3 ver 7.6.0 Build 4116-04

Anyhow  my guess it seems to have been a backend issue on Xfinity's part.

*Update 2* 

And it's down again. 

New Poster

I am having the same issue. The splash screen comes up then goes to a screen where it says initializing for a few minutes before the pop up saying something went wrong and the app shutting down. Any suggestions would be helpful!!
New Poster

Not receiving any HD channels on Roku App

I am not receiving any HD channels on the roku streaming app even though I have HD channels in my contract.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Not receiving any HD channels on Roku App

@kad392002 wrote:

I am not receiving any HD channels on the roku streaming app even though I have HD channels in my contract.

I'm sorry for the hassle. I looked up your bill and don't see a line item for "HD Technology Fee" which is what the Roku app uses to enable HD channels.  This can sometimes happen if the proper codes aren't added to your account (subscribing to a bundle, etc.). Unfortunately, I don't have access to make changes since I don't work in customer service. However, if you use chat or call us, I trust that an agent can help add these codes to your account (just confirm that it won't impact your bill ).  It can sometimes take up to 24 hours for the changes to be recognized by all our systems and you may need to exit the Roku app and re-enter.

Chat

800-XFINITY

-ComcastDan

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@adamchenchen wrote:
I have Sharp Roku TV. The Xfinity app runs very slow. In the app when I leave a live channel, the app usually freezes, and causes the entire TV to either freeze or restart.

All other Roku apps, including those that stream live TV (such as CNN and NBC) run smoothly.

I'm sorry it is running slowly. Can you tell me what model you have so our QA department can test on that device?

Thanks,
ComcastDan

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Re: XFINITY Stream on Roku

Surprisingly the app/service has been running pretty good recently, in a sense that I'm actually able to sign in and stream videos. I have noticed a couple of weird bugs though.

For some reason, ABC will only show some local cable access network whether I choose the SD or the HD channel. I flipped around until I found the station that it was showing instead of ABC. Hoping it would show ABC, but nope there appears to be no way to watch ABC. 

The other bug is since the beginning I cannot get Syfy network ondemand videos to play in HD or high quality. They are always a blurry mess. If I switch to another network's ondemand videos they play clear and in HD. Switch back to Syfy and it's all blurry again. Open the Syfy Roku app and it's clear and in HD. Appears to happen with Syfy specifically ondemand content through your app.

Since the Syfy app on Roku and other channels play clearly in your app it's definitely not a network issue. It's been this way since the beginning as well. Every week I open the video first in your app and then see it's a blurry mess and go into the Syfy app instead to watch the show.

Frequent Visitor

Re: ROKU: first HD channels disappeared, now PBS Create is gone

I'm in the same boat. Have Digital Starter, I get all HD channels on my cablecard with Tivo, android streaming, but not on Roku. My bill does not show the HD Technology Fee. This should be fixed for those us that recieve HD in all other methods excect Roku, for no other reason than our bill is coded differently.

Regular Contributor

Tried to watch recorded shows using the app on my Roku Express Plus. Getting what looks like a DRM 1 error. It worked prior to today Tried rebooting, unplugging/plugging back in and reinstalling the app. Still the same error. And I'm using the Comcast modem in my home network.

Contributor

@Jyeager71 wrote:

I'm in the same boat. Have Digital Starter, I get all HD channels on my cablecard with Tivo, android streaming, but not on Roku. My bill does not show the HD Technology Fee. This should be fixed for those us that recieve HD in all other methods excect Roku, for no other reason than our bill is coded differently.

I stopped using the app and went back to my CableCARD due to this issue.  Even though it appears that triggering off the fee rather than the entitlement is intended behavior, having the app manage entitlements differently from STB/CableCARD/Web is unequivocally a bug as it introduces a situation where 3 methods of video consumption use one value and 1 does another.

I am coming to the conclusion that even though the app was initially presented as an alternative to CableCARD and AllVid, its purpose is to power the OTT Video service Comcast is rumored to be considering not as an alternative to an STB.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV on Roku

I'm a bit confused as I just checked my Roku System and indicates last update Jan 27 at 12:32pm. The update was for Software Version 7.5.0 Build 4111. 

All of the comments indicate a build in April of 2.0 ..... can anyone explain the Naming Covention used? 

Thanks

New Poster

In that same vein, how can I tell which of the devices shown in MYACCOUNT > DEVICES  is the Roku?

Regular Contributor

Tonight, I fired up the ROKU app. I was immediately told that I had to activate it, even though I had used it within the last week. I entered the 6 digit code on the xfinity.com/authorize site, and was told that it was successful. From the ROKU, it then told me once again that I had to activate it. This circle of h#ll went on for 4 or 5 successful code entries on the web site. I then left the app, returning within 5 minutes. Again, I had to enter the code. This time it successfully activated. Quite a stellar BETA after how many months?

Regular Contributor

The Xfinity Stream Beta app showed up in a channel search on my Roku 1 2710X  box this morning. Unfortunately, I tried to install it but it ended up as Install Failed.

Could that mean it's finallly going to made available for older Roku models?

Edit: Now the app is also showing up on my Roku LT and 2XS searches. Install failed on those too.

New Poster

what do you do if you get the drm error message

New Poster

Trying to set up today and getting same DRM error message after the screen changes from activating the 6 digit code on my computer please advise.

New Poster

how do you get rid of the drm error

New Poster

When I tried to add the xfinity stream app beta, after successfully authenticating via the xfinity.com/authorize, my Roku said that the service was only available for Internet customers. Which basically renders my TV cable subscription useless. Why remove the option to individually authenticate per channel (which was happily working for me) while this xfinity stream app is still in beta. I'm already looking through the TV providers that are listed on Roku to see which ones are available in my area.
Expert

@natsaro wrote:
When I tried to add the xfinity stream app beta, after successfully authenticating via the xfinity.com/authorize, my Roku said that the service was only available for Internet customers. Which basically renders my TV cable subscription useless. Why remove the option to individually authenticate per channel (which was happily working for me) while this xfinity stream app is still in beta. I'm already looking through the TV providers that are listed on Roku to see which ones are available in my area.

the first post in this thread details...

• Legacy or X1 Customer: Requires a Video subscription, and Comcast Internet with Device (No Internet speed tier restrictions)

not sure how you missed that requirement. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

ROKU TV App Not Responding

I have a Sharp ROKU tv and until today, I've been able to stream content, for the most part, without issues.  However, starting this morning the app will not respond when opened and seems to be crashing the TV.  All other applications on the TV (Amazon, Netflix, etc.) seem to work correctly.  It's only when access the Xfinity steam app where I have an issue.

Xfinity App Version 2.0 build 5

Sharp (LC32LB481U)  ROKU TV (5316X)  Version 7.5.0 Build 4111-13

Expert

Re: ROKU TV App Not Responding

@Fraggle75 wrote:

I have a Sharp ROKU tv and until today, I've been able to stream content, for the most part, without issues.  However, starting this morning the app will not respond when opened and seems to be crashing the TV.  All other applications on the TV (Amazon, Netflix, etc.) seem to work correctly.  It's only when access the Xfinity steam app where I have an issue.

I moved your post to the Roku Beta thread. Many issues can be fixed by uninstalling the Xfinity app and reinstalling and activating it again. Be sure to log out of the Xfinity app on the Roku as a first step before the uninstall/reinstall.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@natsaro wrote:

• Legacy or X1 Customer: Requires a Video subscription, and Comcast Internet with Device (No Internet speed tier restrictions)

I think the actual question/complaint is: "Why remove the option to individually authenticate per channel (which was happily working for me) while this xfinity stream app is still in beta"

I don't know why the option was removed to authorize individual channels such as the Starz app while before the Xfinity Stream app for Roku is still was in beta.  I hope that the app will be of the same quality and functionality of the Starz app and other indivual channels when beta is complete:

• View while connected to the Internet and not restricted to "in-home" viewing, only for content available throught individual channels such as Starz.
    This would be a change in what has been said, but I still think that Comcast could decide to change the plan since this would provide a good experience for the customer and possibly justifiable for Comcast's business.
  • HD for On Demand content, not what appears to be SD content stretched to fill HD screen.
    This was confirmed to be on the internal bug list in an earlier post)

New Poster

Trying to add MTV Comcast not listed as provider on roku

Trying to add the MTV channel, roku does not list Comcast as a cable provider

what do I do

New Poster

Favorites on Roku

I am enjoying the new Xfinity app on the Roku device.  It is a very good app, but I would like to see the ability to setup Favorites on the LiveTV section so that I don't have to search all over the place for the channels that I like.

Is that a possible upgrade?

Official Employee

Re: Favorites on Roku

@mdws77 wrote:

I am enjoying the new Xfinity app on the Roku device.  It is a very good app, but I would like to see the ability to setup Favorites on the LiveTV section so that I don't have to search all over the place for the channels that I like.

Is that a possible upgrade?

Yes, favorites for Roku are on the roadmap but I can't provide a date.  There is a "Recently Watched" list in the Live TV section which can approximate this in the short term.

New Poster

Thanks for the quick response.  I will check out this Recently Watched section (I did not notice it last time I used the Roku app).

Expert

@tasewell wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@natsaro wrote:

I think the actual question/complaint is: "Why remove the option to individually authenticate per channel (which was happily working for me) while this xfinity stream app is still in beta"

I don't know why the option was removed to authorize individual channels such as the Starz app while before the Xfinity Stream app for Roku is still was in beta.  I hope that the app will be of the same quality and functionality of the Starz app and other indivual channels when beta is complete:

• View while connected to the Internet and not restricted to "in-home" viewing, only for content available throught individual channels such as Starz.
    This would be a change in what has been said, but I still think that Comcast could decide to change the plan since this would provide a good experience for the customer and possibly justifiable for Comcast's business.
  • HD for On Demand content, not what appears to be SD content stretched to fill HD screen.

the Roku is to be an authorized secondary (non-DVR) HD-capable cable TV outlet where you own the equipment. You receive what is authorized on the account and need no per channel authorization. The ability to use 3rd party (HBO, Starz for example) apps/web sites is unrelated to Roku testing and development. What you describe as stretched/zoomed may be AFD whereby non HD channels can display on compatible equipment using most or all of the 16:9 screen. Failure to honor AFD gives you a little postage stamp image on a 16:9 screen or if original content was 4:3 you will see a squashed horizontally square. Hope I got to all of your questions.

Expert

@mdws77 wrote:

Thanks for the quick response.  I will check out this Recently Watched section (I did not notice it last time I used the Roku app). 

Hi, I moved the post and replies to the Roku Beta thread.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I've done that twice with the same result each time.  Any other advice?

Expert

@Fraggle75 wrote:

Yes, I've done that twice with the same result each time.  Any other advice?

fraggle75 if you hit the quote button the post you are replying to will appear as above. Without that it is difficult to determine what you might be replying to in your reply.

Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@tasewell wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@natsaro wrote:

the Roku is to be an authorized secondary (non-DVR) HD-capable cable TV outlet where you own the equipment. You receive what is authorized on the account and need no per channel authorization. The ability to use 3rd party (HBO, Starz for example) apps/web sites is unrelated to Roku testing and development. What you describe as stretched/zoomed may be AFD whereby non HD channels can display on compatible equipment using most or all of the 16:9 screen. Failure to honor AFD gives you a little postage stamp image on a 16:9 screen or if original content was 4:3 you will see a squashed horizontally square. Hope I got to all of your questions.

Yes, the stated plan is that Roku will be an outlet.  I'm just saying that I hope the plan is adjusted to add the non in-home content.  I believe that other cable providers are providing the "TV Everywhere" content using their apps.

I brought up the 3rd party apps because the solution for not authenticating them is to use the TV Xfinity App (see http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Starz-App/m-p/2731389#M47165 for an example).  Again, I am hoping to see the Xfinity App on Roku to work as well as the 3rd party app did

when Comcast used to authenticate it.

The HD resolution issue is not an SD channel being stretched to HD size.  It happens on several On Demand channels, but I have tried Starz the most.

If I select "Star Wars: The Force Awakes", I have a choice between HD and regular.  I select HD and the content is somewhat blurry.  This is the case for all movies I've tried on Starz On Demand except for "Traitor" which does appear sharp as expected for HD.  Live content for Starz is always sharp.

Is anyone else seeing this same HD issue?

Is

Expert

@tasewell wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@tasewell wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@natsaro wrote:

Yes, the stated plan is that Roku will be an outlet.  I'm just saying that I hope the plan is adjusted to add the non in-home content.  I believe that other cable providers are providing the "TV Everywhere" content using their apps.

I brought up the 3rd party apps because the solution for not authenticating them is to use the TV Xfinity App (see http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Starz-App/m-p/2731389#M47165 for an example).  Again, I am hoping to see the Xfinity App on Roku to work as well as the 3rd party app did

when Comcast used to authenticate it.

The HD resolution issue is not an SD channel being stretched to HD size.  It happens on several On Demand channels, but I have tried Starz the most.

If I select "Star Wars: The Force Awakes", I have a choice between HD and regular.  I select HD and the content is somewhat blurry.  This is the case for all movies I've tried on Starz On Demand except for "Traitor" which does appear sharp as expected for HD.  Live content for Starz is always sharp.

Is anyone else seeing this same HD issue?

Is

I'm betting that the Roku is not getting the best reception based on video being less detailed. I don't know if Comcast 'trains' (works to determine best speed/quality possible while watching) as does Netflix but that might make sense if it does and you are watching it as the signal is verified at higher and higher bitrates. For Netflix it takes a minute or so of viewing to move to the highest bitrate on my chromecast device.

Contributor

I'm betting that the Roku is not getting the best reception based on video being less detailed. I don't know if Comcast 'trains' (works to determine best speed/quality possible while watching) as does Netflix but that might make sense if it does and you are watching it as the signal is verified at higher and higher bitrates. For Netflix it takes a minute or so of viewing to move to the highest bitrate on my chromecast device.

I don't believe this is the case but I don't know how Comcast determines the resolution, either.  I have a fast wired connection and it does not improve with time and I don't see this behavior on Roku with Netflix, Amazon, or Vudu.  Is there anyway to confirm the reason why the stream is not going to high resolution?

Frequent Visitor

@Rustyben wrote:

@Fraggle75 wrote:

I moved your post to the Roku Beta thread. Many issues can be fixed by uninstalling the Xfinity app and reinstalling and activating it again. Be sure to log out of the Xfinity app on the Roku as a first step before the uninstall/reinstall.

Thanks.  However, I've done that twice now with the same result.  Any other advice on how to fix this issue?

Expert

@Fraggle75 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@Fraggle75 wrote:

Thanks.  However, I've done that twice now with the same result.  Any other advice on how to fix this issue? 

are you able to delete the roku 'app' and then reinstall it on the roku TV?

New Poster

Re: Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

Getting the same error all of a sudden, this has never occurred before and the app was working this morning.  I also have Xfinity internet so I do not understand this error.  Any help Comcast????

New Poster

Explain this one!

IMG_20170510_152316445.jpg

Worked fine this morning now this garbage.

"this device can only access xfinity stream on your in-home xfinity wifi"

New Poster

Getting error createDrmSession.403-102 as of today when I try to activate my roku premier+. I deleted and readded the channel and it didn't work. It says must be on my in-home wifi (which it is). I redid the connection to the internet and reset the roku and still no fix.
New Poster

Exact same thing happening to me...

New Poster

My bet is the app is borked on roku for the time being. Either roku or Comcast pushed an update and it broke the other.
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here, was working fine and now its dead.
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here and I'm using the Xfinity WiFi.  I reset the Xfinity router and the Roku. Still will not work after entering the codes. It was working fine earlier today. Must be an update to the App????

Expert

@MichelleSv wrote:

Explain this one!

IMG_20170510_152316445.jpg

Worked fine this morning now this garbage.

"this device can only access xfinity stream on your in-home xfinity wifi"

using your Roku settings would you determine what wifi network SSID (name) that it is connected to (be sure not xfinitywifi). If you have a smart device run the Xfinity My Account app and select the internet tab and verify that your modem is showing in the equipment list.

New Poster

Same here - Xfinity Stream App on Roku was working great last night, but today it's getting the createdrmsession.403-102 error. Tried on two different Roku devices, both are connected to the home network.  iPad and browser tv.xfinity.com work perfectly.

New Poster

Xfinity app for roku tcl tv

I have a TCL Roku tv and I've been using the Xfinity app for months now. Then all of a sudden it stops working. An error box pops up saying that I have to be on my xfinity-wifi when I'm already connected. Is there anything that I can do to fix this? Please help and thank you.
Official Employee

Hi all,

We are aware of an issue where customers may get stuck in an authentication loop when trying to sign in. Our engineers are currently investigating and we will update this thread when we know more.

Thank you for your patience.

Official Employee
Official Employee

@ComcastJoe wrote:

Hi all,

We are aware of an issue where customers may get stuck in an authentication loop when trying to sign in. Our engineers are currently investigating and we will update this thread when we know more.

Thank you for your patience.

Please see the message by ComcastJoe, we are aware of this problem and our engineers are still working on a solution. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

[quote]etting error createDrmSession.403-102 as of today when I try to activate my roku premier+. I deleted and readded the channel and it didn't work. It says must be on my in-home wifi (which it is). I redid the connection to the internet and reset the roku and still no fix. [/quote]

As of today I'm getting the same nonsense. First it tells me to activate it, which I've successfully done 6 times now only to arrive at a screen telling me I must be on my home Wifi. Well I am!

Expert

Re: Xfinity app for roku tcl tv

@BrittniiR88 wrote:
I have a TCL Roku tv and I've been using the Xfinity app for months now. Then all of a sudden it stops working. An error box pops up saying that I have to be on my xfinity-wifi when I'm already connected. Is there anything that I can do to fix this? Please help and thank you.

I moved your post to the Roku Beta area on the forum. The issue you describe is discussed here and they are working on the problem.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity app for roku tcl tv

@Rustyben wrote:

@BrittniiR88 wrote:

I moved your post to the Roku Beta area on the forum. The issue you describe is discussed here and they are working on the problem.

This is actually affecting other streaming apps as well. I created this thread to keep an eye of everyone that is having the same issue in order to properly forward the information to the engineers, is a bit hard to keep track of some many threads that are popping up. But thanks a lot for your help here Rustyben. Once we have a resolution I will update this thread and the newly created one. 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/XFINITY-Stream-Web-and-Mobile-App-Issues-5-10-2017/td-p/2...

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!