Community Forum

XFINITY Stream on Roku

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity TV on Roku

Agreed. Ridiculous. This app is quickly losing any value. Very disappointing, extremely short-sighted.
New Poster

Why only model 4210 for the Roku 2?  I have a Roku 2 3050x and it's running version 7.5 of the firmware.

Regular Visitor

Hello. May I suggest a superb little iOS app called "Rokie"? IF you have an apple iPhone, iPad etc. this little app is an elegant remote for Roku devices. I have a model 3600R & I have zero issues with this app
New Poster

All my HD channels have suddenly disappeared this week as well. My channel lineup on my Cable card device and the new Xfinity Stream app seem to be working just fine. Unfortunately, this makes the Roku app nearly unusable for me. It has been working mostly well so far.
I'm using it on a Roku 4 with a 100+ Mb Homeplug connection.
Contributor

@Bgnome wrote:
All my HD channels have suddenly disappeared this week as well. My channel lineup on my Cable card device and the new Xfinity Stream app seem to be working just fine. Unfortunately, this makes the Roku app nearly unusable for me. It has been working mostly well so far.
I'm using it on a Roku 4 with a 100+ Mb Homeplug connection.

You make the third CableCARD user to encounter loss of HD on the App. This would indicate that CableCARD accounts are not being set up properly for HD.  Have you contacted support? I wonder if you will get a similar response to the one I noted above.

Regular Visitor

Re: Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

I encountered the same issue while attempting to set up the device on my home network.  I use my own modem and router.  I have the required X1 boxes and SD/HD channels on my plan.  This is as far as the setup process goes before starting all over again.

Any ideas?

New Poster

I also lost my HD channels on the Roku app.  I also have a CableCard and have the HD package.

Official Employee

@mark.bidewell wrote:

I wish someone from Comcast would chime in, I receive HD on 2 CableCARD STBs, but not on the app.  I would love to understand why.

Hi Mark,

I checked your account and see that HD channels show as "entitled" (meaning you are subscribed) and that they have IP streaming versions available.  When you try to tune to channel 810 (NBC in your area), you can't? 

-ComcastDan

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

@ComcastDan wrote:

@mark.bidewell wrote:

I wish someone from Comcast would chime in, I receive HD on 2 CableCARD STBs, but not on the app.  I would love to understand why.

Hi Mark,

I checked your account and see that HD channels show as "entitled" (meaning you are subscribed) and that they have IP streaming versions available.  When you try to tune to channel 810 (NBC in your area), you can't? 

-ComcastDan

Thanks for your reply, given the confusion during my chat session, I wasn't sure the exact state of my account.  When I use the Roku App (my STBs, and XfinityStream are functioning correctly), The Live TV guide will not scroll into the 800 block of channels.  If I Push * and enter a number (811 for example - CW), the guide will scroll to, I think, 789 and stop, so there is no way for me to hit "watch" on an HD Channel. The HD channel block is inaccessible.  

Does that make sense?  Also, the last time I tried on-demand, I got SD. 

Thanks again!

Regular Visitor

Got exact error screen.  Need to be on home network??  The idea of using Roku is being away from home.  Any answers?

New Poster

This has been answered before. The Roku app functions just like the mobile apps in that you are only allowed to watch certain content on your home network using your registered modem. However, the TV Go content that is available in the mobile app for use outside of your network is currently not available on the Roku app. I don't use the X1 DVR so I can't say if you get access to that.
Regular Visitor

Also have cablecard and subscribe to HD and premium channels. No HD on the roku app. Missing a lot of channels I get on my cablecard tuner.
New Poster

There is a pattern here and, so far, Comcast hasn't responded.  CableCard customers who are entitled to HD lost HD channels in the Roku app and there has been no response from Comcast as to when or if this will be fixed.

Contributor

Seriously, why would anyone want to stay with comcast? I thought i might stay once my contract is over only because of this app but than i learn there "might" be a fee, of course there will be a fee, we're talking about comcast here! Than they take away HD from the app. Even the SD is like a tiny small box on my screen. This app is a total let-down and useless as far as i'm concerned. there are much better and cheaper options out there, sling tv, playstation vue,direct tv now,youtube unplugged and hulu is coming out with live streaming also. They are cheaper and give access to multiple rooms without anymore fees.

You almost had me back with this app but through it you showed me that you still want to nickle and dime your customers, thank you for releaseing it to show me i'm making the right decision by dropping you.

Most Valued Poster

Hi, trying to authorize my Roku 2 and I cannot seem to figure out where to go to enter the six digit code that has popped up.  It says to go to Xfinity.com but after that I am lost. I can't seem to find anywhere there to enter the code.  If anyone has this figured out I would appreciate it.  I would call a CSR but quite honestly that is more of a hassle then it is worth.  Thanx.  

New Poster

Have you tried xfinity.com/authorize?
Most Valued Poster

Ahh, not a good day in the thinking department I guess.  I figured it out.  Thanx.   

Regular Visitor

Well, I log in to the Xfinity TV Beta app on the Roku Express this morning and see that now I don't have access to the OTA HD channels (in the 400's). Which is interesting because they were there when I last looked (and I get them from my roof mounted antenna for free). In addition, I do have access to the HD channels in the android Stream TV app and in the browser (https://tv.xfinity.com/live).

On top of that, the community channel(s) still does not work. I still get error, "Sorry! Something went wrong. Please try again later (Error DRM.-3)". Since the government mandates these channels be carried as part of their licensing I have to assume this is an error on the part of the Roku app or on Comcast's part especially since they work fine via the web streaming app and the android streaming app. I did manage to get the channel to stream while I had the same channel up streaming in the browser but when I closed the browser window and restarted the roku app, the issue returned with the same error message.

Contributor

@gjblajian wrote:

Well, I log in to the Xfinity TV Beta app on the Roku Express this morning and see that now I don't have access to the OTA HD channels (in the 400's). Which is interesting because they were there when I last looked (and I get them from my roof mounted antenna for free). In addition, I do have access to the HD channels in the android Stream TV app and in the browser (https://tv.xfinity.com/live).

On top of that, the community channel(s) still does not work. I still get error, "Sorry! Something went wrong. Please try again later (Error DRM.-3)". Since the government mandates these channels be carried as part of their licensing I have to assume this is an error on the part of the Roku app or on Comcast's part especially since they work fine via the web streaming app and the android streaming app. I did manage to get the channel to stream while I had the same channel up streaming in the browser but when I closed the browser window and restarted the roku app, the issue returned with the same error message.

Cable Channel Maps often differ from OTA channels, can you find and of the channel names in the 800 block?

Contributor

I don't know what everyone's problem is with not getting HD channels using the Roku app. I just checked mine and all my HD channels work. I have a Tivo box and cable card, Blast Internet 200mbps and my Roku is the Premier 4K version. I don't pay a HD fee nether but my Tivo and Roku both get HD channels.
New Poster

I am having trouble accessing my HD channels on my roku device. I can no longer search for them, only access them through my previously viewed channels.
Contributor

Here's a pic of my screen
20170303_195640.jpg
Contributor

I live in Baltimore MD and my package for cable believe is Digital preferred.
Frequent Visitor

I too have a cable card as my primary means of access. I have lost HD channels and HD On Demand access.

If this is going to be the status going forward, the Xfinity TV on Roku Beta is no longer a useful app for me.

Can somebody who works for Comcast let me know how I can make sure that Xfinity will not charge me when the Beta period is over. Is deleting the Application sufficient? Is there a way to cleanly unregister? If yes what is the process. I do not want to waste time dealing with billing issues later.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: ROKU

(this is off topic, as this is for the Roku app)

Anyways, just Google "HGTV Roku Comcast" and you will get instructions. Basically, you copy and PASTE a URL into your browser, replace a part with the on-screen code, then hit OK to send it. I have to do the same for the Travel Channel.

Contributor

@Deaofly wrote:
I live in Baltimore MD and my package for cable believe is Digital preferred.

I have the same package and internet as you and don't have HD, When did you install the app?  I don't know if this is related, but I swapped out my cable modem, I wonder if this could be an issue?

Contributor

Deaofly, I also have the same package as you and I live in Baltimore md but I no longer can get HD on the app. I rent the STB from comcast though.

Regular Contributor

All that are having issues with HD need to call Comcast and describe the issue. You will need to escalate the issue to the app tech team and explain that you are subscribed to HD, and have lost those channels. Tell them that you have been told of programing errors on accounts. My account so how got set as a "national" account. Not sure what that means. It took them 5 working days to fix the issue, but I now have all of my channels back. Just as a piece of information, the person that helped me had to create a new "user" on my account to find the issue. When he could not get all subscribed chann7, he was able to find the issue.
Contributor

Thats just sad that they are going to charge to use the app, and that you have to pay for HD service on your account to get HD channels on the app.
New Poster

I also would like to add how disapointing it is to have learned (via the thread above) that the HDTV (800 level) channels are unavailable. I'd originially purchased a new Roku express as I'd read it supposed to be Xfinity app compatible.

This also is inconsistent. The Android Phone App and the PC (in web browser) app each allow me to select and watch content from the 800 level channels.

In contrast- on my Roku express connected to HDTV monitor- watching in the pillar/letter box format is simply unacceptable.

Why is is that with every promising new rollout from Comcast there is always a "gotcha"/"catch"?

Bandwith and storage are cheap. There is no reason to nickel and dime customers on HDTV channel access.

Thanks for the 480i, App team... I feel like I'm back in the '90's again.

Expert

@CM1701 wrote:

I also would like to add how disapointing it is to have learned (via the thread above) that the HDTV (800 level) channels are unavailable. I'd originially purchased a new Roku express as I'd read it supposed to be Xfinity app compatible.

This also is inconsistent. The Android Phone App and the PC (in web browser) app each allow me to select and watch content from the 800 level channels.

In contrast- on my Roku express connected to HDTV monitor- watching in the pillar/letter box format is simply unacceptable.

Why is is that with every promising new rollout from Comcast there is always a "gotcha"/"catch"?

Bandwith and storage are cheap. There is no reason to nickel and dime customers on HDTV channel access.

Thanks for the 480i, App team... I feel like I'm back in the '90's again. 

if you have HD on your plan you should have HD on the Roku.Also your local HD channels if you do not subscribe to HD will still be in HD if they are broadcast as HD.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I'm adding my .02 here.

I have a cable card infinitv and my own modem, and two roku sticks. The first roku stick worked fine for quite some time. I added the second stick today, and found that it was missing all my HD channels. I went to the other, and lo-and-behold they're gone there too.

I tried what ComcastDan suggested about the account refresh, but have yet to see a difference. I'm going to check again in 45 min.
Contributor

Can I use this app if I get the Internet Plus plan? The eligibility requirements only say that a TV and internet subscription(Internet Plus is Performance Internet and Limited Basic double play package) are required and that a Legacy and X1 Box will work, but not that only certain TV plans are eligible. I have read people on the internet say they have the Internet Plus plan but are not able to use the app. I believe the Internet Plus(which has Limited Basic TV), Extended Basic, and Digital Economy plans all use Legacy boxes and that any better plans are all using the X1 box but I don't know if there are better plans that also use Legacy boxes and that only certain plans can use the Roku app. So hopefully someone here knows and will answer my question. 

New Poster

I went through the trouble of adding the channel and authenticating my device only to ge the error "this device can only access Xfinity TV on your in house Xfinity wifi".  My wifi provider is Century link and I'm using the Roku 2.  Would this not be a problem if I had the roku 3?

Contributor

@nmnative71 wrote:

I went through the trouble of adding the channel and authenticating my device only to ge the error "this device can only access Xfinity TV on your in house Xfinity wifi".  My wifi provider is Century link and I'm using the Roku 2.  Would this not be a problem if I had the roku 3?

If you mean that you have Century link internet then I believe you have to have Xfinity internet to use this app. If you have Xfinity TV but not internet then you likely were able to sign in but once you tried to use it you got the error message if you do not have Xfinity internet. The very first message in this topic has the requirements to use the app.

Eligibility:

• Customers must purchase their own Roku device and device must be on firmware version 7.5
    • Compatible Roku Devices:
      • Roku TV (5XXX, 6XXX: Models within the 5000 and 6000 range)
      • Streaming Stick (3600)
      • Express (3700, 3710)
      • Express+ (3710)
      • Premiere (4620)
      • Premiere+ (4630)
      • Ultra (4640)
      • Roku 4 (4400)
      • Roku 3 (4200, 4230)
      • Roku 2 (4210)

**Note: The XFINITY TV Beta channel will only appear in the channel store for eligible devices.**

• XFINITY TV (Legacy or X1) and Internet Customer; or a Stream TV Customer:
  • Legacy or X1 Customer: Requires a Video subscription, and Comcast Internet with Device (No Internet speed tier restrictions)
  • Stream TV Customer: Wireless Gateway Access Required (No Internet speed tier restrictions)

**Note: Customers of 3rd party Internet Service Providers will be able to use the Roku app in a future phase**

• Existing XFINITY TV App users are eligible to use the XFINITY TV Partner App - Beta - Roku, with an eligible Roku device.
  • If you are a current XFINITY Internet customer, you don't need any additional equipment because your Internet gateway can also be used as your cable service gateway. If you're not an XFINITY Internet customer, we are working hard to make cable-only gateway equipment available soon.
  • During this Beta phase, due to technical limitations, customers using the XFINITY TV Beta app on Roku (other than Stream customers) can only use that app on secondary TV outlets and will need to have at least one Comcast-provided TV box in their home. You do not have to connect the Comcast-provided TV box and Roku to the same TV.

Contributor

Everything had been working fine since the app launched, up until this week. Now I can't access On Demand or our DVR. It says "Sorry something went wrong please try again later"
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@nmnative71 wrote:

The problem isn't the Roku, the problem is your WiFi provider is Century Link. As the error said, you have to have Xfinity WiFi as your home provider. And you can only use the app at home.

Contributor

Had only Performance 25 Internet prior to Sat 03/04. For some reason was able to log in to TV Everywhere apps for ABC, NBC, Fox on any device. On Xfinity Stream TV Android app and browser web app got on demand content only for ABC, NBC, Fox, CBS, CW. Got CMT Music on demand and live on Xfinity Stream TV apps. Got Streampix on Xfinity Stream TV apps. Was able to log in to Xfinity beta Roku app and got on demand only for ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CMT Music and Streampix all in SD only. No live channels. On 03/04 signed up for Xfinity Internet Plus plan with HD(Performance 25 internet with Limited Basic TV with Showtime included). Nothing changed as far as what I was able to log in to except that on 03/04 the content I was getting on Xfinity beta Roku app changed to HD.

This morning, 03/06, logged in to Showtime Anytime TV everywhere app on Android phone and on Roku. Checked Xfinity beta Roku app and am now getting live channels although I have not yet received my cable box(Xfinity Android My Account app shows I have a cable box Model MORN150N which includes a serial number; not sure if this is the HD model cable box being sent to me or not). Getting all Limited Basic channels, which includes local channels(Detroit area), PBS, CSPAN and the Showtime included in Internet Plus plan. For some reason also getting Music Choice channels(perhaps this is also included in Limited Basic TV), and NBA League Pass and NHL Center Ice(I didn't order either of these). Every broadcast and cable channel is showing up in the On Demand menu but the only ones that include content are ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, The CW and Streampix. No Showtime content showing up for some reason. Checked the Xfinity Stream TV apps and getting all the live channels I am getting on the Roku beta app, including the NBA League Pass and NHL Center Ice that I didn't order. Every broadcast and cable channel is in the on demand menu and I am getting content from all broadcast networks and also Showtime(which I am supposed to be getting but am not getting on demand content for on the Roku beta for some reason), Streampix, and limited content on a number of on demand channels such as HBO, Starz, AMC(basically getting SOME but not ALL on demand content for channels that are NOT in my plan.).

So I will wait the 3 to 5 days it will take UPS to get my cable box to me and then activate it and see what happens. If wierdness persists, and especially if still not getting Showtime on demand content on Roku beta app, then I will call Comcast and see what's up.

So I guess that answers my previous question of whether or not customers with Limited Basic TV are able to use the Roku beta app.

Expert

@bdw4791 wrote:

Had only Performance 25 Internet prior to Sat 03/04. For some reason was able to log in to TV Everywhere apps for ABC, NBC, Fox on any device. On Xfinity Stream TV Android app and browser web app got on demand content only for ABC, NBC, Fox, CBS, CW. Got CMT Music on demand and live on Xfinity Stream TV apps. Got Streampix on Xfinity Stream TV apps. Was able to log in to Xfinity beta Roku app and got on demand only for ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CMT Music and Streampix all in SD only. No live channels. On 03/04 signed up for Xfinity Internet Plus plan with HD(Performance 25 internet with Limited Basic TV with Showtime included). Nothing changed as far as what I was able to log in to except that on 03/04 the content I was getting on Xfinity beta Roku app changed to HD.

This morning, 03/06, logged in to Showtime Anytime TV everywhere app on Android phone and on Roku. Checked Xfinity beta Roku app and am now getting live channels although I have not yet received my cable box(Xfinity Android My Account app shows I have a cable box Model MORN150N which includes a serial number; not sure if this is the HD model cable box being sent to me or not). Getting all Limited Basic channels, which includes local channels(Detroit area), PBS, CSPAN and the Showtime included in Internet Plus plan. For some reason also getting Music Choice channels(perhaps this is also included in Limited Basic TV), and NBA League Pass and NHL Center Ice(I didn't order either of these). Every broadcast and cable channel is showing up in the On Demand menu but the only ones that include content are ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, The CW and Streampix. No Showtime content showing up for some reason. Checked the Xfinity Stream TV apps and getting all the live channels I am getting on the Roku beta app, including the NBA League Pass and NHL Center Ice that I didn't order. Every broadcast and cable channel is in the on demand menu and I am getting content from all broadcast networks and also Showtime(which I am supposed to be getting but am not getting on demand content for on the Roku beta for some reason), Streampix, and limited content on a number of on demand channels such as HBO, Starz, AMC.

So I will wait the 3 to 5 days it will take UPS to get my cable box to me and then activate it and see what happens. If wierdness persists, and especially if still not getting Showtime on demand content on Roku beta app, then I will call Comcast and see what's up.

So I guess that answers my previous question of whether or not customers with Limited Basic TV are able to use the Roku beta app.

what is required and what is available listed in the first post in this thread (hit page 1 on the links at top and bottom of current page or use this link (http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Xfinity-TV-on-Roku/m-p/2834869#M3522)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Some thoughts on the beta app now that I am able to get live channels. 

1. While I am not happy with and do not think it is fair that Comcast wants to charge to use the app I will nonetheless pay a reasonable fee for it if they ulitmately decide to. Reason being that I like the convenience of being able to watch local channels live through a Roku app. There are some other alternatives to do so but they cost too. For instance late this Spring Mohu is supposed to be coming out with an antenna that uses Wifi connection to be able to deliver OTA channels through a Roku app with a user guide and all. Their proposed cost for the antenna is $150. Antennas such as that will likely go obsolete every so often or just not work well after some time and have to be replaced. If you have to replace it every year it works out to $12.50 per month; every 2 years $6.25 per month. This will be the most affordable option once it enters the market. Other options include a $200 Tablo device which requires purchasing a separate antenna and a USB hard drive for DVR storage, along with a subscription fee to use their guide. So if I must pay the fee to use the Xfinity app I will although I do not think it is fair. ###Of course this is only if the Internet Plus plan remains as good a deal as it is now. Otherwise I would just get internet only and the Mohu Airwave antenna that is soon to be released.###

2. Like so many others have already said, the guide for live channels needs filters just like the guide on the X1 and Xfinity Stream app have. For HD only and favorites. I am glad that right now it only lists the channels I am getting and I do not have to scroll through every single Comcast channel to find the channel I am looking for. Hopefully Comcast will also add the ability to purchase or rent movies and watch them in the app as I would prefer that to using Fandango Now, VUDU, Amazon, or Google Play. Also the Kids, Sports, and Movies sections in the live section should only show Kids shows, Sports, and Movies from channels we are subscribed to just as in the on demand section it only shows stuff from channels we are subscribed to in the TV and Movies sections.

Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@bdw4791 wrote:

This morning, 03/06, logged in to Showtime Anytime TV everywhere app on Android phone and on Roku. Checked Xfinity beta Roku app and am now getting live channels although I have not yet received my cable box(Xfinity Android My Account app shows I have a cable box Model MORN150N which includes a serial number; not sure if this is the HD model cable box being sent to me or not). Getting all Limited Basic channels, which includes local channels(Detroit area), PBS, CSPAN and the Showtime included in Internet Plus plan. For some reason also getting Music Choice channels(perhaps this is also included in Limited Basic TV), and NBA League Pass and NHL Center Ice(I didn't order either of these). Every broadcast and cable channel is showing up in the On Demand menu but the only ones that include content are ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, The CW and Streampix. No Showtime content showing up for some reason. Checked the Xfinity Stream TV apps and getting all the live channels I am getting on the Roku beta app, including the NBA League Pass and NHL Center Ice that I didn't order. Every broadcast and cable channel is in the on demand menu and I am getting content from all broadcast networks and also Showtime(which I am supposed to be getting but am not getting on demand content for on the Roku beta for some reason), Streampix, and limited content on a number of on demand channels such as HBO, Starz, AMC.

what is required and what is available listed in the first post in this thread (hit page 1 on the links at top and bottom of current page or use this link (http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Xfinity-TV-on-Roku/m-p/2834869#M3522)

Does it not say that a cable box must be hooked up somewhere in your home? I'm pretty sure my post says I have not yet received my cable box yet am able to use the beta app. Please do correct me if I am wrong.

Here is a link you might want to check out: https://www.xfinity.com/support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-on-roku-faqs/

Here is something Comcast says at that link: 

What is required to use the XFINITY TV Beta app on Roku?
To use the XFINITY TV Beta app on Roku, you must currently subscribe to XFINITY TV and XFINITY Internet service, have at least one Comcast-provided TV box, a CableCARD and have a compatible IP gateway in your home. In addition, XFINITY Stream customers who have a compatible XFINITY IP gateway will also be able to use the XFINITY TV Beta app on Roku.

During this Beta phase, due to technical limitations, customers using the XFINITY TV Beta app on Roku (other than Stream customers) can only use that app on secondary TV outlets and will need to have at least one Comcast-provided TV box or CableCARD in their home. Secondary TV outlets using Rokus do not require a Comcast-provided TV box or CableCARD.

If you are a current XFINITY Internet customer, you don't need any additional equipment because your Internet gateway can also be used as your cable service gateway. If you're not an XFINITY Internet customer, we are working hard to make cable-only gateway equipment available soon.

I just ordered XFINITY TV service, can I use the XFINITY TV Beta app prior to my professional installation?
No, the XFINITY TV Beta app requires installation of XFINITY TV service prior to activation.

New Poster

I am an Xfinity subscriber and am authorized to receive HD channels as part of my package.  I was receiving them within the Roku app but they disappeared over the weekend.  They are still appearing on my android phone app.  This is a blatant attempt by Comcast to discourage subscribers from using non-Comcast devices for viewing.  I will be very surprised if they acknowledge this issue at all.  Criminals.

Official Employee

@kad392002 wrote:

I am an Xfinity subscriber and am authorized to receive HD channels as part of my package.  I was receiving them within the Roku app but they disappeared over the weekend.  They are still appearing on my android phone app.  This is a blatant attempt by Comcast to discourage subscribers from using non-Comcast devices for viewing.  I will be very surprised if they acknowledge this issue at all.  Criminals.

I looked at your bill and don't see an HD service fee listed. If that is in error, please call us at 800-XFINITY to discuss.

-ComcastDan

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Today, I received an update for the Xfinity TV App on Roku.  The new version is 1.1.5 and the only changes I see is in the settings menu, in the Xfinity App. A new heading called "Format" allows you to choose "HD Prefered" or "All Available Formats" and by default "HD Prefered" was selected on my App.  Now, when I select any low def channel, I get the high def version in full screen. However, the channel number stays at channel 2 insted of 702 (The high def channel). The live TV menu still shows all the low def channels.  This needs to be changed.

New Poster

I just rechecked my newest bill and I am definitely a digital preferred tv subscriber.  

Contributor

@kad392002 wrote:

I just rechecked my newest bill and I am definitely a digital preferred tv subscriber.  

If HD service is included in the Digital Preferred package at no additional charge and that is why there isn't an HD fee on your bill it might help if you would explicitly state that. Unless you are trying to make ComcastDan look stupid or something.

New Poster

Been using this app off and on recently and I agree with most of the navigation enhancements requested in previous posts.  Yesterday I used the app to binge watch a series so here are some on demand observations and potential improvements:

I'm using a ROKU Premier +  hardwired into my home network with a 10/100 connection (Cat 5e). My Xfinity gateway modem is in bridge mode with a current model Apple aiport extreme.

1) Noticed some initial pixleation and downgraded video quality at the begining of some shows.  The quality increased about a minute into the stream.

2) Enhancement to track what On Demand shows already watched. Currently there is no indicator of shows watched, and % watched like with other streaming services and On Demand on the cable box.

New Poster

I tried updating to 1.1.5 but my HD channels are still missing. Also tried signing out of app and multiple reboots. I do not get any HD options in the app settings.
New Poster

Should Starz on Demand be able to be watched in HD? I was just watching a movie on our X-1 box in HD, and then tried to resume watching movie from Xfinity Roku App , and it is not showing in Hd.
Contributor

All live channels are working except CSPAN 2 & 3. They are giving me error DRM-6 and saying "Sorry! Something went wrong. Please try again later." I tried CSPAN 2 & 3 on Android and Web app it says a subscription is required. I get CSPAN 1 so it is hard to believe I wouldn't get CSPAN 2 and 3 but that could be the case. I have Internet Plus package which has Limited Basic TV with Showtime included at no additional cost. And why are CSPAN 2 and 3 listed in my Roku live menu if I do not have a subscription to them?  But I am getting live channels that I know I am not subscribed to: NBA League Pass and NHL Center Ice.

Getting on demand content for all channels I should be(ABC,NBC,Fox, CBS, The CW) except for PBS and Showtime. No error message. The on demand channels are in the menu but there is no content for them. They both work fine in the live section of the Roku beta app and both work fine live and on demand on the Android app and Web app.

Called tech support and nobody knows anything about the Xfinity beta app on Roku because it is a "beta" app. They suggested that the best way to get help is to post problems to feedback site which is here. 

So anyone know what is going on?

Edit: I guess it might help if I had my cable box but it won't be here until Wednesday. I just decided to try to see if the beta app would work before I got the cable box. It pretty much does with the exception of the problems stated above. My service seems to have gotten activated before I got the box. So I guess I will wait until I get the box Wednesday and see if there are any problems with the service using it or if when I get it and hook it up the problems with the beta app clear up. Right now it is as weird to me as my being able to sign in the TV Everywhere apps for broadcast stations with my Comcast ID while only having internet service.

###Update###: Spoke to someone in app support. Informed me that CSPAN 2 and 3 are not part of Limited Basic service. I asked him why they are showing up in my guide since only channels I am subscribed to are supposed to show up in the guide. He said that is incorrect, that all channels show up in guide just like on cable box. I told him that he is incorrect and that other than CSPAN 2 and 3 and NBA League Pass and NHL Center Ice no other channels that I am not subscribed to show up in my guide. He told me that shouldn't be the case and reiterated that all Xfinity channels should be in guide. I let it go. I then asked him why I am getting NBA League Pass and NHL Center Ice when I am not subscribed to them. He looked at my account and verified that I am not subscribed to them and so not paying for them and said he didn't know why I am getting them but since I am not paying for them not to worry about it.

Then I asked about not getting on demand content for PBS and Showtime. He went and checked the app on a Roku he has access to and found that no PBS on demand content shows up on his Roku either, but that Showtime does. He decided to escalate the problem to engineering or something. Gave me a contact number, verified my contact number, gave me a ticket number and said they would look in to it and give me a call in a day or 2.

I then asked about this "national" account mistake I have been reading about on this board and asked if that could be the problem. He said he has never heard about any such thing and that he works in national. He said the only account types are residential and commercial.(I'm not arguing that anyone here is lying I am only conveying what he said. If there is a problem with that it should be a problem with him not me. So don't go pouncing on me over it)

Update: CMT Music also showing up on live channel guide on Roku app but getting same error as CSPAN 2 and 3. Checked channel guide for Limited Basic in my area and CMT Music not included in the plan. I am getting CMT on demand content on the Roku app also. On the Android and Web apps I am getting CMT Music in my channel guide and CMT on demand; both the live and on demand are working on the Android and Web apps.

I am in Warren, MI and the live Channels 5 and 915 for Government Access Programming work sometimes and some times do not work.

On Android and Web TVGo getting Fox Sports Atlantic, although not subscribed.

###Update###NBA League Pass and NHL Center Ice still listed in my live channel guides but no content on any of the channels. There is a message giving a number to call to get in on the action. For some reason CSPAN 2 and 3 now working in Android and Web app, although they are not in my TV plan, but not on Roku app.