Community Forum

XFINITY Stream on Roku

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity TV on Roku

I have Premier+ and it works just fine, but my TLC TV with Roku built in is not working well at all!  Voices are out of sync and it constantly freezes.Is this a issue with all the TV's? I assume the problem is being addressed.

Contributor

@mark.bidewell wrote:

@JEB11 wrote:

@mark.bidewell wrote:

Here are some feature requests.  

*  The guide should "wrap" at the beginning and end  i.e.  Channel up from the lowest channel should move to the highest channel and vice versa

*  The up and down buttons on the roku while in live TV mode should change stream to the next or previous stream.  

Out of curisoity, can anyone say if the app operates via UDP Multicast or TCP stream?

I set up a static IP address for my 3600 streaming stick and tracked it through my router's system log.  Looks like TCP only.

Thanks!  I was curious because the app seems to impact other network traffic far more than streaming via amazon.

Yeah, it's a hog relative to Amazon.  Plus, Amazon streams at a very consistent rate.  The Xfinity channel cycles rapidly.

Contributor

@jkweinberger1 wrote:

I have Premier+ and it works just fine, but my TLC TV with Roku built in is not working well at all!  Voices are out of sync and it constantly freezes.Is this a issue with all the TV's? I assume the problem is being addressed.

It's not working well on any of the Roku TVs, unfortunately.  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Roku TVs were removed from the beta group until the software is a little more fully-baked.

Contributor

baja06,

You might want to make a quick edit in your post.

" Please do not make additional fees reasonable!"

I can almost see some random Comcast person reading this and saying "well there you have it, they want us to rip them off with extra high prices" while completely ignoring the rest of what you said.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

Hi,

@ComcastDan & @ComcastJessie  - Can you please respond to or supply any information that you have, as it relates to the Ars Technica article where they quote Comcast on app fee of $7.45 per month after the beta trial ends?

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/02/comcast-will-charge-extra-fee-for-watching-tv...

I assume this monthly fee after the beta ends is finalized, since it was given by a Comcast representative and quoted by a reputable source.

Regular Visitor

I'd rather have @ComcastDan & @ComcastJessie spend their time addressing technical issues than what the pricing "might" be when the beta run is over. C'mon man. 

Frequent Visitor

One of the @Comcast reps has already stated in this thread that they don't currenlty have any pricing information at this time.

Not only that, juast because Variety spoke to one comcast rep, doesn't mean anything is set in stone. I'm not trying to take away from any rep's crediblity but it's been demonstrated before that while reps have the best of intentions, the information they're given to work from isn't always completely accurate either. I spoken to comcast agents that just a few weeks ago weren't even aware of the app and I had to give them a link to their own corporate news so they understood what I was talking about.

Hopefully for all of our sakes if there is any fee (which I'd still object to) it's a minimal fee associated with the service and not per device.

Until then, enjoy the free beta and worry about it when the beta is over.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@BetoRox wrote:

@I'd rather have @ComcastDan & @ComcastJessie spend their time addressing technical issues than what the pricing "might" be when the beta run is over. C'mon man. 

If there's a fee associated with the ROKU, they might just as well declare the BETA period finished.

Regular Contributor

I really hope Comcast brings this app to the Apple TV at some point.  My old Roku 2 XS is not on the compatible list and I barely use it anymore anyway since the Apple TV can do just about everything I need.

Also, I realize pricing isn't confirmed, but Comcast would be nuts to charge anyone to use this app.  As others have stated, Time Warner does not charge for the use of their Roku app.  Additionally, I have a single TV in my house and I'm on the X1 platform.  Guess how much I pay for the X1 box?  $0.  I have never paid a dime for it in nearly 3 years with promotional Triple-play bundle packages.  So I'm certainly not going to turn in a free X1 box to use an app that I'd have to pay for!  I imagine many others are in the same boat.

New Poster

Installed on Roku 3 - installation was very easy, no issues there.  Overall the channel works very well but I do have some issues:

Played on demand, The Tonight Show (yesterday) and the video stuttered very badly, hit the back arrow button on Roku remote and the audio did not stop, started another channel and audio from Xfinity TV was still playing, had to reboot the Roku to make it stop.

Resumed playback of the same Tonight Show (today) and there were no issues.

The live tv listing is very slow to navigate anytime you scroll down or to the right it has to reload a lot, scrolling to the right is much slower than scrolling down.

I would like to see a home icon at the top of every menu that takes you back to the main page for the Xfinity Channel, this would fix the issue of having to hit the back arrow numerous times, also for the live guide, if you can make the forward and reverse buttons on the remote act as page up and down would be helpful.

For the saved menu there should be an option to remove the show.

Frequent Visitor

@BetoRox wrote:

@I'd rather have @ComcastDan & @ComcastJessie spend their time addressing technical issues than what the pricing "might" be when the beta run is over. C'mon man. 

This specific forum has been a "catch all" when it comes to information regarding the Xfinity app on Roku. I am a customer, not a Comcast employee, shouldn't we all be on the same team? So, I am not sure why my question is any less important than those asking questions about getting the App to work on unsupported devices?

Some of the technical issues that people are having could be solved by reading the updated post on the first page. However, they are still being asked and answered.

From what I can gather, from last 5 pages or so of posts, the thought of Comcast implementing some type of fee after the beta period ends is a relevant question and concern. One that if addressed, may have a positive impact on people providing feedback on the app (no fee = potentially more people trying the app and providing feedback).

Again, the article I am quoting is coming from a reputable tech website that was puplished a full day after the beta app launched (not the Variety article). Could they be wrong? Absolutely! I would love for them to be wrong, because a $7.49 fee to use the app is a non-starter for me. However, I tend think that reporting is fairly accurate.

I mean C'mon man, we are talking about a company that imposes fees whenever possible.    

Expert
Moved:

New Poster

@MidnightSVT wrote:

@BetoRox wrote:

This specific forum has been a "catch all" when it comes to information regarding the Xfinity app on Roku. I am a customer, not a Comcast employee, shouldn't we all be on the same team? So, I am not sure why my question is any less important than those asking questions about getting the App to work on unsupported devices?

Some of the technical issues that people are having could be solved by reading the updated post on the first page. However, they are still being asked and answered.

From what I can gather, from last 5 pages or so of posts, the thought of Comcast implementing some type of fee after the beta period ends is a relevant question and concern. One that if addressed, may have a positive impact on people providing feedback on the app (no fee = potentially more people trying the app and providing feedback).

Again, the article I am quoting is coming from a reputable tech website that was puplished a full day after the beta app launched (not the Variety article). Could they be wrong? Absolutely! I would love for them to be wrong, because a $7.49 fee to use the app is a non-starter for me. However, I tend think that reporting is fairly accurate.

I mean C'mon man, we are talking about a company that imposes fees whenever possible.    

Agreed on this. Personally, the app seems to work about as well as I'd expect - that being said, the user experience overall is pretty far below that of what I can get on Sling. If the app worked well and the fees were nominal then I'd probably be inclined to drop Sling and increase the size of my tv package. On the other hand, if they wind up with a ~$8 per Roku per month charge, then it would be far more cost effective to continue to go with OTA (+Tablo) + Sling. 

I think that Sling's model is more realistic to what the market would support - full portability but hard caps on concurrent streaming. 

Regular Visitor

@MidnightSVT wrote:

@BetoRox wrote:

No one said that your question isn't valid, but if you look at the past 5 pages you can see that your question has been answered. If not, let me answer it. Comcast is not charging ANY fees during the beta period. This is day 3 of the beta test. Comcast has NOT comfirmed how much / if there will be a charge for Roku usage until AFTER the beta period. 

Now, I have a Sharp Roku TV 5000 series with updated firmeware I bought just last week and the Xfinity APP absolutly falls short of expectations. I'd rather Comcast concentrate on making the app work just as good on my Roku TV as it does on my IOS device during this beta period. If they don't, then whatever charge they would like to impose AFTER the beta test, will not be justified. IMO. 

Frequent Visitor

I am enjoying trying the Xfinity app on my Roku.  It is a long awaited addition.  I have experienced one issue.  We have a hearing impaired person in our house, and have CC on the screen at all times.  It seems to work well, except when our local NBC station goes to local news, then it says CC not available.  CC is definitely there when viewing on our cable box, or our OTA antenna.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Frequent Visitor

@BetoRox wrote:

@MidnightSVT wrote:

@BetoRox wrote:

No one said that your question isn't valid, but if you look at the past 5 pages you can see that your question has been answered. If not, let me answer it. Comcast is not charging ANY fees during the beta period. This is day 3 of the beta test. Comcast has NOT comfirmed how much / if there will be a charge for Roku usage until AFTER the beta period. 

Now, I have a Sharp Roku TV 5000 series with updated firmeware I bought just last week and the Xfinity APP absolutly falls short of expectations. I'd rather Comcast concentrate on making the app work just as good on my Roku TV as it does on my IOS device during this beta period. If they don't, then whatever charge they would like to impose AFTER the beta test, will not be justified. IMO. 

Thanks for the response. 

My question has not been answered.

I understand the beta app has no fees associated with it. However, Ars Technica, quoted COMCAST in their article stating that after the beta trial ends, a $7.49 monthly fee will be passed onto anyone who continues to use the app. This article was published after the intial beta information release (2/1/17).

They are quoting a COMCAST representative, I am simply asking the moderators on this thread to provide a response to that quote (again, given by COMCAST). It is true, great. If not true, great. Just give us all of the information.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/02/comcast-will-charge-extra-fee-for-watching-tv...

If this thread is now soley focused on technical support and app feedback, I suggest it be archived and a new thread created to keep the conversation on topic and focused on features, feedback, and support. 

Official Employee

@MidnightSVT wrote:

Hi,

@ComcastDan & @ComcastJessie  - Can you please respond to or supply any information that you have, as it relates to the Ars Technica article where they quote Comcast on app fee of $7.45 per month after the beta trial ends?

I assume this monthly fee after the beta ends is finalized, since it was given by a Comcast representative and quoted by a reputable source.

I'm not able to comment on any pricing questions beyond saying that there is no additional charge to use the app during the beta period. I have no information about potential future pricing plans but if that changes, it will be communicated. 

-ComcastDan

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@eddie914 wrote:

I am enjoying trying the Xfinity app on my Roku.  It is a long awaited addition.  I have experienced one issue.  We have a hearing impaired person in our house, and have CC on the screen at all times.  It seems to work well, except when our local NBC station goes to local news, then it says CC not available.  CC is definitely there when viewing on our cable box, or our OTA antenna.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Thank you for the feedback. I'll make sure this gets escalated to our accessibility team. Do you have the callsign (name) of the local station?

-ComcastDan

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@trowhill wrote:

Installed on Roku 3 - installation was very easy, no issues there.  Overall the channel works very well but I do have some issues:

Played on demand, The Tonight Show (yesterday) and the video stuttered very badly, hit the back arrow button on Roku remote and the audio did not stop, started another channel and audio from Xfinity TV was still playing, had to reboot the Roku to make it stop.

Resumed playback of the same Tonight Show (today) and there were no issues.

The live tv listing is very slow to navigate anytime you scroll down or to the right it has to reload a lot, scrolling to the right is much slower than scrolling down.

I would like to see a home icon at the top of every menu that takes you back to the main page for the Xfinity Channel, this would fix the issue of having to hit the back arrow numerous times, also for the live guide, if you can make the forward and reverse buttons on the remote act as page up and down would be helpful.

For the saved menu there should be an option to remove the show.

Thank you for the feedback - keep it coming!

Regarding the home icon suggestion, that seems problematic in the Live TV and On Demand sections where you would need to scroll all the way to the top to access the button. Navigation is challenging with Roku's simplified remote. I'll share the feedback with the UX team and see if they have other thoughts.

-ComcastDan

Administrator

@Jmc71479

Can you please provide us with additional details as to what error message/s you may have received when attempting to activate your Roku TV 5134X online? Your TV is considered a compatible device, so any details about any errors you saw or special messages (screenshots help too) about this error can helps us work with Roku and our product teams to get this resolved for you as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Yes and badly out of sync
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastDan wrote:

@MidnightSVT wrote:

Hi,

I'm not able to comment on any pricing questions beyond saying that there is no additional charge to use the app during the beta period. I have no information about potential future pricing plans but if that changes, it will be communicated. 

-ComcastDan

Thanks for the response!

Contributor

I see the HD On Demand streams for Starz, TCM, and FXM in non-HD resolution even though the live streams for the same channels are HD resolution and On Demand content for many other streams are HD resolution.

Both my Roku 3 and Roku Premiere use hardwired Ethernet and I select the HD content if given a choice.

Is this expected?
Contributor

@ComcastJessie wrote:

@Jmc71479

Can you please provide us with additional details as to what error message/s you may have received when attempting to activate your Roku TV 5134X online? Your TV is considered a compatible device, so any details about any errors you saw or special messages (screenshots help too) about this error can helps us work with Roku and our product teams to get this resolved for you as soon as possible.

Thanks.

I have a Roku TV 5316 and it has never worked properly.  Although it installs, it doesn't stream consistently. I have observed the following:

1.  Xfinity channel loads very slowly compared to a Roku Streaming Stick 3600.

2.  Individual stations usually fail to load the first time, requiring exit to the home screen or reboot if the system hangs. 

3.  When stations do load, it will stream content for under one minute, at which time the screen briefly flashes and audio sync is lost, requiring exit to the home screen or reboot.

The issues are not due to the internet connection.  Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, and CNNGo all stream without incident.  For comparison, CNNGo will stream live TV even when the Roku TV fails to stream the same station. 

A while back, I asked whether anyone has successfully run the Xfinity beta on any version of the Roku TV.  Nobody responded positively.

Frequent Visitor

Having major problems with my TCL Roku TV model 32S3700 Roku TV 5106X. App is extremely slow to load with frequent error codes and constant audio sync issues. It's basically unusable at this point. If I reboot the TV, I may get about a minute of live TV to stream and then it's all downhill from there. Hopefully the engineers are addressing the Roku TV problems.
Contributor

I have a Roku 3 along with the Xfinity + 25 bundle (100 mbps service + basic cable). I added the Xfinity Beta channel, entered the activation code which resulted in getting the "Success" message. When I went to the Roku page it said "This works only for Xfnity WiFi customers; you can use the mobile app, etc etc" and had the "Exit App" button. This makes no sense since I've been a Comcast customer for years, pay for TV but have my own modem and Router.  Reading the FAQ's it has me think the Roku channel only works for people that rent your gateway; if that's true, why offer it on Roku? Please help

Expert
Moved:

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Contributor

@jontalk wrote:

I have a Roku 3 along with the Xfinity + 25 bundle (100 mbps service + basic cable). I added the Xfinity Beta channel, entered the activation code which resulted in getting the "Success" message. When I went to the Roku page it said "This works only for Xfnity WiFi customers; you can use the mobile app, etc etc" and had the "Exit App" button. This makes no sense since I've been a Comcast customer for years, pay for TV but have my own modem and Router.  Reading the FAQ's it has me think the Roku channel only works for people that rent your gateway; if that's true, why offer it on Roku? Please help

I have my own modem and router as well.  My Roku 3 works fine. There might be a problem with your modem's registration with Comcast. You probably need to call and make sure it's properly registered and linked to your account.  Others have had this problem. 

Expert
Moved:

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [quoted message is in violation, therefore post had to be removed]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

New Poster

The reason that Ars is reporting the same thing as FierceCable is because FierceCable is just reporting what Ars said. It's still just one source, though one highly reliable source, so I'll take that as confirmation, unless the backlash over pricing actually makes Comcast rethink the terrible decision they're making to charge full price for a non-physical solution that lets them start phasing out the large stock of devices they have to keep on hand.

Perhaps they were just hedging their bets and being prepared for the pre-Trump FCC's plans to make cable providers move to app-based solutions instead of physical boxes that customers were forced to rent; since the FCC will now likely not even maintain net neutrality, there's nothing to stop them from charging full price for the project as a bonus revenue stream. I think they're underestimating how much people moving to devices like the Roku don't want to pay full monopoly prices for television; they'll probably not receive as many takers as they'd hope once beta ends and you have to pay $10 per month for the privilege of just not incurring any data usage towards your cap to get what they'll gladly give you through the Xfinity phone app and website.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks ryanspeck,

TechCrunch is also reporting the same info as Ars (not using their information hovever).

https://techcrunch.com/2017/02/02/comcast-will-treat-rokus-like-cablecards-not-set-top-boxes/

Just trying to provide users with as much info as possible so no one is surprised at the end of the beta.
Regular Contributor

@ComcastDan wrote:

Thank you for the feedback - keep it coming!

Regarding the home icon suggestion, that seems problematic in the Live TV and On Demand sections where you would need to scroll all the way to the top to access the button. Navigation is challenging with Roku's simplified remote. I'll share the feedback with the UX team and see if they have other thoughts.

-ComcastDan

An option within Settings to go straight to Live TV when the app is started to me is the best solution.

Frequent Visitor

After some initial challenges I finally got the app running. If you're having authorization problems you probably need to contact Xfinity about correctly registering your modem. Although it is easy to activate any approved modem, it seems that Xfinity does NOT register the MAC address when the modem is activated. In other words, they do NOT use the MAC address at the time of activation but when you try to authorize the Ront ku app they check the MAC address in their registration records rather than the MAC address of the activated modem. Seems strange, but if you contact them they will update their records and then you can use the Roku Xfinity Channel.

However, the current beta is seriouly underpowered and almost useless. There is no way to filter channels so if you want to view HD channnels you have to scroll all the way thru, and there is no page down key. There is no way to identify Favorites. There are so many features missing that it is almost useless, especially compared with a basic DTA converter. Hopefully they'll be updating the beta in the near future.

Regular Visitor

It just doesn't show as an option in the search through the Roku TV. When I added it from the Roku channel store online, it said something about it not being compatible with all of my devices and listed my two 32" TV's, and when I checked it was only added to the 40". I checked for updates on the 32's and there was a firmware update this morning, and did a couple resets, but still no luck. It now shows "installed" online and I tried uninstalling from tv and reinstalling from web, but it doesn't get the error again.
Tags (3)
IMG_0657.JPG
IMG_0658.JPG
IMG_0659.JPG
Regular Visitor

Only in home use?? How ridiculous. I work away from home on a regular basis and it would have been nice to be able to watch with my roku stick on a tv instead of my surface pro. I guess I'll just have to use the cast to roku option within windows 10 to watch via tv.
Frequent Visitor

When trying to stream live TV I get big black bars on the left and right side forcing the picture into a 4x3 aspect ratio. On top of that I also get the bars at the top and bottom keeping the picture in the 16x9 ratio. In short I have huge black bars on the left, right, top, and bottom with the live TV picture taking up a small square in the center.

Ondemand content plays in the correct aspect ratio and fills the screen though. I've tried all the different display options on the TV Normal, Full, Wide, etc. and none of them make a difference. I also have no issue with the picture filling up the screen with the proper aspect ratio on any other Roku app.

I'm using a LeEco X4-55 4K TV with a Roku 3700 Express.

Contributor

Thanks but I've never had problems with the service and my modem was set up with Comcast almost two years ago. Since all other channels work fine it seems obvious it's a bug
Contributor

I own my own modem and it works with the Xfinity App for Roku, but I had to contact Comcast to get my modem properly registered even though it worked for the Internet already.  Did you already try the instructions in this link?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV-App/Xfinity-TV-on-Roku/m-p/2864136#M5412

Maybe that will help.

Frequent Visitor

I turned it on again tonight. I had to go through the process of entering the activation code online and choosing a name for my Roku again. Is that normal?

Contributor

Any hope on adding the TV GO channel listings or making full HD available as it is streaming services? Where I live, we lack BBC America in HD as well as 19 of the HBO/Cinemax/Showtime/Starz channels (we only get 1 per, should be 23 total), as well as all but 1 of the Encore channels. Obviously more, but those the channels that matter to me for $300/month. I was hoping this app would make those missing channels available in HD (2017... Hello? Knock knock! 4k is at the door and we're still lacking in HD), but that's not the case. Just a carbon copy of what's available via the cable box.

Would also be nice to have some means to bring up the channel guide, dvr, info while on a channel, much like you would with a stb. Seems like the A/B buttons are not being used, although most buttons do nothing while viewing.

Official Employee

@iceman413 wrote:

When trying to stream live TV I get big black bars on the left and right side forcing the picture into a 4x3 aspect ratio. On top of that I also get the bars at the top and bottom keeping the picture in the 16x9 ratio. In short I have huge black bars on the left, right, top, and bottom with the live TV picture taking up a small square in the center.

Ondemand content plays in the correct aspect ratio and fills the screen though. I've tried all the different display options on the TV Normal, Full, Wide, etc. and none of them make a difference. I also have no issue with the picture filling up the screen with the proper aspect ratio on any other Roku app.

I'm using a LeEco X4-55 4K TV with a Roku 3700 Express.

Please select the HD version of the Live TV channels, if available (you can use the * key on the remote to enter the channel number). 

Official Employee

@jontalk wrote:
Thanks but I've never had problems with the service and my modem was set up with Comcast almost two years ago. Since all other channels work fine it seems obvious it's a bug

Please use the "Quote" option when replying to messages. It is difficult to understand the context of your post. I'll take a guess...

The XFINITY TV app for Roku requires you to be connected to your in-home XFINITY network. The video isn't delivered over the open internet, rather our managed network. Comcast usually knows your in-home network because we match the IP address the Roku is using with the IP address associated with your modem's MAC address.  If we don't have your modem's MAC address properly noted in our systems, the Roku will not appear to be in-home and will not be usable. 

If this is the error your consistently receive, you can call 800-XFINITY and speak to the Internet department to get your modem registered properly.

Hope this helps.

-ComcastDan

Frequent Visitor

@Caddyskack wrote:

Thanks for the information.

Are you saying you still have one cable box active? I am at work and was very happy about the announcement until the description said you needed to use and Xfinity box and Gateway. I currently use zero boxes.

Additionally, the release states that there could be an access fee down the line:

"On conclusion of the trial, you will be informed of the charges that will apply for connecting this device with your XFINITY TV service and will have the opportunity to opt in."

I am already wondering if it is reasonable like $2-3 dollars, or is it more expensive ($5+).

It is never reasonable to charge me again per device to watch content that I have already paid for in my subscription.

Equipment rental fees are required by design, not by necessity. This makes them unacceptible. Per customer supplied device (Roku) and per viewing (number of shows, time or bandwidth) fees are also unacceptible. Maybe a small streaming option fee per account of up to $5 would be paletable as this is a new service being provided. Honest to goodness added value.

If they go with the per device fee as expected, then long live CableCard!

Official Employee

@nwikoff wrote:

I turned it on again tonight. I had to go through the process of entering the activation code online and choosing a name for my Roku again. Is that normal?

No, I would expect that you should only have to enter the activation code upon first use. What device type are you using (model number)?

Thank you for the feedback.

-ComcastDan

Official Employee

@Froid wrote:
Having major problems with my TCL Roku TV model 32S3700 Roku TV 5106X. App is extremely slow to load with frequent error codes and constant audio sync issues. It's basically unusable at this point. If I reboot the TV, I may get about a minute of live TV to stream and then it's all downhill from there. Hopefully the engineers are addressing the Roku TV problems.

Thank you for the feedback and specifics about model number of your Roku TV. It is very helpful to our engineering team when troubleshooting.

Best,

ComcastDan

Frequent Visitor

I have a Roku 3 and I'm still having trouble watching local broadcast channels. The channels aren't showing up in the guide. I have logged out and signed back in and nothing. Anyone have any ideas? All the other channels are working fine.

Frequent Visitor

Well, here is my experience so far...

Pros

1) I like the colorful menu / guide ... it is very easy to read

2) Video stream is clear and is on par with other services like Vue and DirecTV Now...if not better

3) I have had almost zero buffering, much less than ANY previous streaming service has had on their initial rollout

4) I like the fact that only the shows I have access to per my individual package show up

5) I have had no sync issues

Problems

1) At the top and bottom of almost every hour, the screen blacks out momentarily and the name of the next program is displayed. Almost like it's loading up

2) I have had times that when I exited the app and went back to the Roku home screen, the audio from the Xfinity app continued playing. The only way I have been able to stop it was rebooting the Roku. A very weird issue that I have never seen before with any other app. Has happened twice with the Xfinity app.

3) I have had a lot of times that the app locks up when I scroll the guide to the right and the guide needs to repopulate the next 2 hour block. Happens a lot more if you extend to more than 4 hours out.

Requests

1) Ability to add favorites

2) Ability to set a start up channel choice..so that when you first start the app you can have it start on a preset channel. For example, I would set mine to start on The Weather Channel

3) A better description in the guide of TV episodes and move summary

I am running a Roku 3 on 7.50 OS 

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Roku App Beta

I had to find it on the internet thru the Roku site (I think I clicked the Facebook Ad to get there), then add it.

New Poster

I have noticed the video lagging behind the audio, especially when switching to commercials - audio and video gradually separate until I hear the audio of the next commercial during the current with about a 10-sec lag time.

Official Employee

@a2hart wrote:

I have noticed the video lagging behind the audio, especially when switching to commercials - audio and video gradually separate until I hear the audio of the next commercial during the current with about a 10-sec lag time.

Sorry you are having troubles.  Please give details on your Roku model number when providing feedback such as this.