Community Forum

XFINITY Stream Apple TV

New Poster

XFINITY Stream Apple TV

Yesterday, we received a call from Comcast and the rep convinced us to sign up for XFINITY Stream. We asked specifically if the service had an Apple TV app. He told us that the only device it didn't work with was an Amazon Fire TV Stick. While finalizing the details I searched for the XFINITY Stream app on my Apple TV but didn't find one. He kept saying it should be there, then finally said it should be available any day. Then he told us he was absolutely sure that we could use Airplay to push video in the XFINITY Stream app on iPhone or iPad to the Apple TV. Even though it would be very inconvenient to use this method we went ahead with the new service trusting that the app would, in fact, be available in the immediate near future. After ending the call we were able to get signed into the app on iPhone to then realize that we cannot push video to an Apple TV using Airplay (or any other device - we also have a Sony Android TV). So now we have a TV service that can't be used on a TV. (I realize an app is available on Roku but I'm not willing to buy another device when all other TV providers are available via Apple TV). At first, I thought that this was simply an underinformed sales rep (which is bad enough), but after seeing all the posts from Comcast reps here I'm concerned that Comcast is intentionally misleading customers.

New Poster

Re: XFINITY Stream Apple TV

The exact thing happened to me. Very disappointing because I went out and bought the AppleTV.
New Poster

Yes, Comcast just convinced me to sign up for Xfinity Stream and now find out I cannot watch it. Sad, will be cancelling trial immediately.

Official Employee

Hello All, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I offer my deepest apologies that you were not informed beforehand, that AirPlay is not supported. We absolutely do not intend to mislead our customers and this is definitely not the kind of customer service we strive for our customers to receive. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance moving forward, we're here to help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!