Community Forum

X1 TV App will not work

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 TV App will not work

@Rustyben wrote:

@stcshindo wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@stcshindo wrote:

Thx for the reply RustyBen.  I tried reinstalling on both the phone and tablet.  It won't pass the adding device stage on both.

i just tried to go to xtv.comcast.net on my laptop and it timed out. Can't even get into the site.

are you able to log into your account at http://www.comcast.com ? is it the same username that you are using to login to get your master account email on using the comcast connect app?

Yes I can log in to Comcast.net, get my email, and check my account.

i'd try using browser mozilla firefox on your laptop and see if it can login to xtv.comcast.net 

I have no idea what happened, but the app on both my devices work again.  Weird.

New Poster

Chad, i am having the same issue as everybody on this board, moved to florida from chicago, got x1 in florida but now my online xfinity apps don't work, please help. thanks

Expert

@incajose wrote:

Chad, i am having the same issue as everybody on this board, moved to florida from chicago, got x1 in florida but now my online xfinity apps don't work, please help. thanks

on your x1 TV hit the xfinity button >> gear>> account details. All fields filled in there?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

nothing shows, under account details, i just get a blank page..

Expert

@incajose wrote:

nothing shows, under account details, i just get a blank page..

hope your fix is easier than mine was. I called billing and they were not able to fix it. They referred me to x1 support 877-896-8678. the problem was that a 'temporary' userid was entered on my backend account record that kept me from logging in to xfinity myaccount app but not to comcast.com (it worked fine). took several moves to national problem resolution where a person fixed it in 48 hours. good luck.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Well, it seems I'm not alone ith this kind of problem.

My TV app and computer logins were able to work just fine just fine through Wednesday or Thursday, and now in the past couple days I have received the infamous error 13001, or "Good news" prompt.  

Called support and I'm not sure if the person I was on the line with thought I was joking, or just lost, but I've yet to get this resolved.

Expert

@dekkarra wrote:

Well, it seems I'm not alone ith this kind of problem.

My TV app and computer logins were able to work just fine just fine through Wednesday or Thursday, and now in the past couple days I have received the infamous error 13001, or "Good news" prompt.  

Called support and I'm not sure if the person I was on the line with thought I was joking, or just lost, but I've yet to get this resolved.

the official path is 877-896-8678 and they are supposed to escalate until in my example it gets passed to a back-end engineer to handle. For whatever reason that didn't work and billing actually ended up doing the escalation for me. The comcast headquarters people were so professional and impressed me with their 'care' and expertise.

Regular Visitor

Having the same problem as everybody else.

In Jacksonville, FL they say may account has all of the correct codes for it to work.

Receive the "Good News" message from computer or Iphone app.

Expert

@paulcannon wrote:

Having the same problem as everybody else.

In Jacksonville, FL they say may account has all of the correct codes for it to work.

Receive the "Good News" message from computer or Iphone app.

are you speaking of the xtv.comcast.net site or smartphone app xFinity TV ?

Regular Visitor

Both get the same "Good News" message
Expert

@paulcannon wrote:
Both get the same "Good News" message

on the site http://xtv.comcast.net site when says "good news" does it give instructions as to what to do?

Regular Visitor

Call 1-800-XFINITY to order. I already have all the feature codes according to Comcast, and they don't know why it is not working.
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issues. Error 10625
Frequent Visitor

I uninstalled, reinstalled and removed device still not working.
Expert

@paulcannon wrote:
Call 1-800-XFINITY to order. I already have all the feature codes according to Comcast, and they don't know why it is not working.

call 800-comcast and select billing "agent". explain. they will find reason (probably outdated package that 'doesn't' include cloud or something.

New Poster

The app used to work on both Chrome and Safari, and now I get the message that "

Something's not right here

We are having trouble adding this device to your account.

Please give us a call at 1-800-XFINITY and mention error 11700."

This has been going on for over 2 weeks.  Please help

Expert

@sourceness wrote:

The app used to work on both Chrome and Safari, and now I get the message that "

have a smart device (iphone/android) that can run the xfinity TV app? does it work?

Official Employee

@sourceness wrote:

Can you try now?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

It works now Thank you!
Frequent Visitor

I'm in the same boat. Being near Philadelphia and the only reponse I'm getting from the app is that I need to get X1, a system I already have. But just one time, and only once, I got a popup mentioning error code 13001. So this is apparently the place to go for the solution. All I can say is: please help?

Expert

@Chill wrote:

I'm in the same boat. Being near Philadelphia and the only reponse I'm getting from the app is that I need to get X1, a system I already have. But just one time, and only once, I got a popup mentioning error code 13001. So this is apparently the place to go for the solution. All I can say is: please help?

call 877-896-8678 and ask if cloud is launched in your area. if it is they may refer you to billing to add the proper codes so you can use the cloud DVR and any device (in your home) features.

Official Employee

@Chill wrote:

Your account does not have the proper entitlements, someone should be reaching out to you shortly.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

through what medium? so i know what to expect

Frequent Visitor

Same issue here, I'm in the Savannah ga area. I was on the phone for 4 hours and no one could help, I was suppos to get a call the the App dept on Sunday between 9 and 12 but never received a call. Can you help?
Expert

@ComcastChad wrote:

@Chill wrote:

Your account does not have the proper entitlements, someone should be reaching out to you shortly.

that 13001 code was seen on my xfinity TV app before service was available. It appears the login to account was successful but the system failed to tell service is not yet available in your area.

Have you called 877-896-8678 and asked them if the cloud DVR has been launched in your area?

Frequent Visitor

Yes, they said they don't know why it's not working. That is why the App department was suppose to call me Sunday morning. I has to be a permission issue it also doesn't work on my iPhone. 

Frequent Visitor

Not yet, Rusty. I'll have to this week.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Chad,

Please add the code to my account.  I have the same problem - I tried uninstalling and then re-installing and it did not work.  I still get the "Good News" message.  I have 4 shows downloaded to my phone but cannot access the app now.

New Poster

I don't think my account is set up right either.  I was able to use the Android apps and watch TV online from the web site until I moved, but after that, they no longer work.

Expert

A new version of xFinity TV app was pushed out today for iOS. Any recordings downloaded have to be 'refreshed' (reauthorized) by logging into the new TV app. 

Expert

@NHLWil wrote:

I don't think my account is set up right either.  I was able to use the Android apps and watch TV online from the web site until I moved, but after that, they no longer work.

when you moved your account number changed in some way. The cloud/streaming has to be activated on your current location. Call in to x1 Support 877-896-8678 and ask if cloud DVR is launched in your area.

New Poster

Since the update to tv go app, my iPad app won't allow me to stream live tv while in home. I have X1 platform as well as app, and today replaced router/modem due to another unrelated issue. The app says I can't select the channels I try to watch because I'm not on my 'in home' network though I have re-established everything and wifi all works properly, any suggestions?

Expert

@Bigben241 wrote:

Since the update to tv go app, my iPad app won't allow me to stream live tv while in home. I have X1 platform as well as app, and today replaced router/modem due to another unrelated issue. The app says I can't select the channels I try to watch because I'm not on my 'in home' network though I have re-established everything and wifi all works properly, any suggestions?

in home viewing is much better using the dedicated xFinity TV app. The ipad/min-ipad x1 app has a dedicated control popup menu (15 secs forward/back button channel direct or finger flick select to change a channel). 

I just don't get why they don't let you use the MC music choice channels in your home on the x1 app. freaking weird.

Frequent Visitor

Well it's now Day 5, and the app still doesn't work, the fine tech said they had to talk to my wife because it's in her name. When she got home I called and they now say she has to talk to billing because I'm not on the account. Of course accounting is closed but they said sales can do it also, but they close at 10. I get put on hold at 945 and then at 10:01 I get disconnected. What kind of Mickey Mouse organization is this? I'm beyond pi$$*d now.

Frequent Visitor

I have called customer service over 6 times.  They apparently elevated my issue on Wednesday and said a technician would call me with in 24 hours.  NO ONE has reached out to me.  This is absurd

Expert

@admcculloch wrote:

I have called customer service over 6 times.  They apparently elevated my issue on Wednesday and said a technician would call me with in 24 hours.  NO ONE has reached out to me.  This is absurd

on your x1 device, hit xFinity button, settings (gear)>>My Account>>account details. do you see information on each line or most lines?

Official Employee

@admcculloch wrote:

Comcast Chad,

Please add the code to my account.  I have the same problem - I tried uninstalling and then re-installing and it did not work.  I still get the "Good News" message.  I have 4 shows downloaded to my phone but cannot access the app now.

Are you still having this issue?  Your account is set up with the proper codes.

Official Employee

@NHLWil wrote:

Are you still having this issue? Checked your account and its set up correctly. 

Official Employee

@joewilcox73 wrote:

Well it's now Day 5, and the app still doesn't work, the fine tech said they had to talk to my wife because it's in her name. When she got home I called and they now say she has to talk to billing because I'm not on the account. Of course accounting is closed but they said sales can do it also, but they close at 10. I get put on hold at 945 and then at 10:01 I get disconnected. What kind of Mickey Mouse organization is this? I'm beyond pi$$*d now.

I tried to add the codes to your account but I do not have access to the similair DVR offer you are in now for Cloud DVR.   I will be reaching out to the local market support teams for assistance or you can try calling and speaking to billing or rentention agent to see if they can add proper offer to your account .

Frequent Visitor

I would like to thank Chad or whoever did what, because the X1 app is now up and working. Thank you. Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

just uninstalled an re-installed app on my Samsung S5 phone..  Still get "Good News, XFinity TV is now available in your area. PLease call 1800-XFinity to Order" Message.  My husband has the app on his Samsung Tablet and it works fine.  It still is not working on my phone an I am furious - there are 4 shows stuck in limbo/my phone that I cannot access because they are downloaded to the phone, which I cannot access. 

Official Employee

Try these steps and see if it resolves your issue.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/manage-authorized-apps-devices/

Frequent Visitor

Still did not work.  Additionally I restored my phone to factory settings and wiped everything off, reinstalled the app and still get the Good News message

Frequent Visitor

I am getting the same not on home wifi error when trying to use the xfinity tv app, but I am on my home wifi, how can this be resolved.

Official Employee

@yunro22 wrote:

I am getting the same not on home wifi error when trying to use the xfinity tv app, but I am on my home wifi, how can this be resolved.

Our system is showing that you do NOT have a cable modem on your account, do you own your cable modem and router?  You will need to call in and get serial# and mac address added to the billing system in order for live TV to work. 

Do you see any Internet Equipment when you sign in here? https://customer.xfinity.com/MyServices/Internet 

Frequent Visitor

I tried to get the modem added to my account, but since it is a sb6120, it could not be added as it is too old.

Official Employee

@yunro22 wrote:

I tried to get the modem added to my account, but since it is a sb6120, it could not be added as it is too old.

Did you call in?  Thats a D3 modem and not to old, they should be able to add it. 

Frequent Visitor

Tried the online chat, said system wouldn't allow him to add it to account due to being end of life 

New Poster

For the most part, my tv app works fine, but whenever I leave town for a few days, my dvr and the app stop talking to each other and I don't see the newest recordings on the app. When I get home and check the dvr, all the recordings I expect are on the dvr, but they never show up on the app. At that point new recordings seem to get to my app until the next time I leave. What's causing the recordings to show up some times and not others? Thanks

Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue with the Good News message (just outside of Nashville, TN). We've had nothing but problems since upgrading our account about a month ago. My husband has spent probably 8 hours on the phone with Comcast. Everytime they fix an issue it breaks something else, and then of course the billing is all wrong. The app did work for a day or two at one point after we got our modem fixed on the account, but now we just get the Good News message. He was told 2 weeks ago that it was being fixed but it's still not working.