Community Forum

X1 TV App will not work

New Poster

Re: X1 TV App will not work

Hello

Please help. I have the x1 triple play service. Last weekend the x1 app worked fine i had full access to the available tv shows and some of my recordings.

Now when i open the app on my iphone or tablet it says i need a subscription to just about everything. This is new and not right.

Even when i sign into xfinity on my computer on my home network i cannot watch shows that i should be able to watch.

Thank you.

New Poster

I am having same issue. I've been told that cloud service is missing from my account and that they can see that it was there before. Supposedly I have to talk to billing to have my box replaced. Isn't that a service they can add remotely? I've been on hold for billing for an hour now. Seriously reconsidering my decision to go with comast.
New Poster

Update... Finally got through to someone in sales via chat. (I recommend this over calling, it's much quicker). Anyway, he added the cloud service code to my DVR remotely. No need to swap out box. After that, I was able to log into the TV app but still couldn't remotely stream recordings. Rebooted X1 box and router when I got home and everything is working as it should now. A lot to go through for something that was working before, but, the lesson I learned is to try chatting online before waiting on hold for hours just to talk to the wrong person who is then going to put you on hold again.
New Poster

Getting the same issue here in Delaware with the app worked and now it doesn't. HELP OR I WILL BE DISCONTINUING MY SERVICE!!!d
Frequent Visitor

My Android app has been erroring out for over 10 days, no way to play anything.  On my Windows PC and my iPad I can watch live TV, but trying to watch a DVR recording gave me an Error 100.500 on the PC and an "unrecoverable error" on the Android and iPad App.  This is after a TIer 2 ticket was supposedly opened on 10/29, of course I never heard from anyone.  Argh Comcast support is the worst.

Official Employee

@mkallam wrote:

Same issue as above.  TV app worked, now it prompts me to setup again, then I get the "Good news! XFINITY TV is now available in your area" message.

Can anyone help?

Are you still seeing this message, your account looks properly set up?  We recently did a billing migration in your area which could have caused your recent issues. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Working now Chad. Had sales re-add cloud service codes to my DVR. After some reboots, working like a champ. Thanks for asking.
New Poster

Chad, I'm having the exact same issue and the call center rep, while very helpful, was not able to resolve the issue.  Can you help?

Official Employee

@mgrinn1709 wrote:

Chad, I'm having the exact same issue and the call center rep, while very helpful, was not able to resolve the issue.  Can you help?

This is due to the recent billing conversion in your area... I have fixed your account... Please try logging into the XFINITY TV app

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Chad, that fixed it!  Thank you so much!

New Poster

I am having the same problem.

I spent two hours on the phone with Comcast Customer Support on Saturday and was asked to call three different phone numbers.  I complained to the office of Customer service and have had  email correspondence with Comcast "ECARES" but have made no progress.  What's the best way to get this resolved?

I have already tried unistalling and reinstalling the app and  and have restarted my phone and iPad.  I have the X1 Box and I believe it's availabe in my area.  

New Poster

Hello Chad, 

I see you have helped many here... I have an issue with the "OUT OF HOME" message.

I worked with a rep for a while, no resolution.

I have a trouble ticket #  CR410619188

Can you work your magic for my account as well?

thanks!

Phil

New Poster

THis is using Xfiniity TV app by the way.  I am connected to my comcast WiFi at home my private SSID.

Official Employee

Salon, what problem are you seeing? You used to have access but not now? What message of you get when you log into the app?

Official Employee

Are you connected to the xfinitywifi SSID? If so that is not the right network.

New Poster

Chad, if you are asking me I am using my private SSID not "XFINITY WI-FI"

Regular Visitor

ComcastChad

On Nov 8 3:21 pm  I asked for help with the issue on the TV app.  You informed me that a service ticket was created

CR409764989 and that a tier 2 tech would be contacting me in 24-48 hours. It has now been over 100 hours and NO ONE has contacted me!!

As also stated in original post, that I am a convert from DirecTV.  Chad, I have not called them to cancel service but inactivity in resolving this issue is pushing me to call Comcast and disconnect service.  Is this really how Comcast should be providing customer service to anyone, let alone it be a customer of one week who has NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE A FEATURE THAT BROUGHT HIM TO COMCAST!!!

Please remedy this problem ASAP!

Thank You

P.S.  Would you please see that your supervisor/manager, or person of authority sees this post

Regular Visitor

I chatted online today and they said I needed a code.. Tried to transfer me to sales? After 20 mins, I gave up and no one helped me. I have X11 in New Hampshire and the xfinity TV app has never worked for me, nor does Xtv.comcast.net... Help!?
Official Employee

@Rachelp116 wrote:
I chatted online today and they said I needed a code.. Tried to transfer me to sales? After 20 mins, I gave up and no one helped me. I have X11 in New Hampshire and the xfinity TV app has never worked for me, nor does Xtv.comcast.net... Help!?

Try now, see if it works

Frequent Visitor

Welcome to the club.  I also switched from DirecTV, specifically because of the in-home streaming feature, and it has worked properly less than 50% of time since I've had the service.  I am back to shopping Dish Network or some other service because this has been genuinely the worst customer service experience I have ever had anywhere.

Official Employee

@salonn wrote:

I am having the same problem.

I spent two hours on the phone with Comcast Customer Support on Saturday and was asked to call three different phone numbers.  I complained to the office of Customer service and have had  email correspondence with Comcast "ECARES" but have made no progress.  What's the best way to get this resolved?

I have already tried unistalling and reinstalling the app and  and have restarted my phone and iPad.  I have the X1 Box and I believe it's availabe in my area.  

The proper codes were not on your account.  Please try now, it should be working. 

Contributor

I'm really starting to get frustrated here. I've posted here multiple times, and the Comcast rep has passed over my posts. I have a ticket number (CR410032915) that was supposed to be resolved, and me gotten a phone call within 48 hours. That was 3 days ago. What is going on here?!
Official Employee

@MRpolite wrote:

Chad, if you are asking me I am using my private SSID not "XFINITY WI-FI"

Ok. I dont have the ability to fix the "out of home issue", the ticket submitted will get escalated to our engineering and support teams. 

Official Employee

@jjlehmann wrote:
I'm really starting to get frustrated here. I've posted here multiple times, and the Comcast rep has passed over my posts. I have a ticket number (CR410032915) that was supposed to be resolved, and me gotten a phone call within 48 hours. That was 3 days ago. What is going on here?!

Sorry for the delayed response, our Tier 2 teams are still working through last weeks outages.   

Regular Contributor

I've been using the x1 TV for some time, working well, til just a few moments ago when I did the latest app update.

I cannot watch live TV from my home network, as before.  I'm still able to watch recorded programs, but not live TV.

The guide seems to show I'm in ATLANTA....um, I"m in San Francisco East Bay area.  The helpdesk said for me to uninstall the app and reinstall. It didn't work.  I now get error code 13001 as the app tries to add my device, again.  The phone rep said they would 'expedite' to level 2 and I'd get a call back.

Oh, this is using the app on my IPAD 4.

Official Employee

@ghoofie wrote:

I've been using the x1 TV for some time, working well, til just a few moments ago when I did the latest app update.

I cannot watch live TV from my home network, as before.  I'm still able to watch recorded programs, but not live TV.

The guide seems to show I'm in ATLANTA....um, I"m in San Francisco East Bay area.  The helpdesk said for me to uninstall the app and reinstall. It didn't work.  I now get error code 13001 as the app tries to add my device, again.  The phone rep said they would 'expedite' to level 2 and I'd get a call back.

Oh, this is using the app on my IPAD 4.

Can you try deleting and reinstalling the app again?  

Regular Contributor

I did delete and reinstall . During the reinstall it says having trouble adding this device. I have same issue on iPhone 5 also, now. Looks like not an APP problem because I didn't do update on the phone, only Ipad.
Regular Contributor

Hmmmmm....everything just started working.
New Poster

Thank you so much! It is working now.  

I was honestly very close to cancelling Comcast because of my Customer Service experience.  I wish I had found this thread earlier!

Contributor

None of my recorded show up under recordings, since Sunday.

Official Employee

@eabelljr wrote:

None of my recorded show up under recordings, since Sunday.

Do you see them on your TV?

Contributor

Yes I see them on my tv.  This isn't the first time I had to open a ticket.  I have not called in again yet

Nothing that has been recorded since Sunday night shows up in the app

I've reinstalled the app not sure if this is a bug from the last upgrade or not

A show recorded this morning showed up but none from last night

Official Employee

@eabelljr wrote:

Yes I see them on my tv.  This isn't the first time I had to open a ticket.  I have not called in again yet

Nothing that has been recorded since Sunday night shows up in the app

I've reinstalled the app not sure if this is a bug from the last upgrade or not

A show recorded this morning showed up but none from last night

It has nothing to do with the app, there are failed recordings that did not get recorded properly on the cloud recorders.  There are two copies, one stored on your local hard drive and one on the cloud recorders, they are independent of each other.   They are unrecoverable if they failed.    You DONT need to call in and open a ticket.

Contributor

Ok so this is a known issue?  Thank you.

I've noticed that before It would say it recorded even if it failed so I would get an error I couldn't stream it etc.

Now it appears they don't show up if it failed which is better but still bad since they do not record..

Thanks

Regular Visitor

I cannot get the appointment to work either. I have called comcast fifteen times today. They transfer me, and do not understand what I am talking about. I downloaded the tv it says adding your device then goes back to the call comcast.... Can anyone help? Thank you
Official Employee

What appointment are you referring to? The tv app does not have appointment capabity.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue, the app was working a few days ago, now I'm getting the "Out of Home" error message. The only change I made to my wifi was change the password. Help please!

New Poster

Chad, 

I am having the same issue. On both my mobile devices and macbook I get the message that it is available in my area and I should call comcast, I called and they said it looks fine. Can you help?

Official Employee

@aligirl421 wrote:

Chad, 

I am having the same issue. On both my mobile devices and macbook I get the message that it is available in my area and I should call comcast, I called and they said it looks fine. Can you help?

I checked your account and you are missing the proper codes.    Someone from our Boston customer service team should be reaching out to you in the next 24 hours.  Please be aware that your bill will increase by $2 more per month if you want cloud dvr added.  

Official Employee

@Patriciah012 wrote:
I cannot get the appointment to work either. I have called comcast fifteen times today. They transfer me, and do not understand what I am talking about. I downloaded the tv it says adding your device then goes back to the call comcast.... Can anyone help? Thank you

Are you still seeing this issue?  Your account is set up with the proper codes. 

New Poster

I can't see live tv on any of my devices.  I did yesterday, but today every device says I'm not in my home network, but I am.  I can still watch recordings, but not live tv.  Any suggestions please?

New Poster

Hi Chad,

I am in the Boston, MA Area and I am having the same issue. I cannot play my recorded DVR shows from my computer or mobile device. I login and get that same error message about "

Good news!

XFINITY TV is now available in your area. Please call 1-800-COMCAST to order."

Customer service could not help me. I know I have all the right equipment and that it is available in my area. Can you help?

Official Employee

Sfbg,

Could you access the app before? A specefic rate code needs to be applied to account to access the app.

New Poster

Coverage is limited.... when will it be availabe in Alabama?

Regular Contributor

I find the X1 app to be quite strange. Often when I open the app I get various errors and then it works. Or, when I look at recordings on the DVR from the app, I see many shows recorded that are old and long ago deleted. Most recently, I select a program to watch, on the TV itself, and it says this program has been downloaded and needs to be uploaded back to DVR. The program is not downloaded, nor has it ever been. I exit the menu, go back into menu, and then it plays.
Official Employee

No date or timeframe for Alabama at this time

Regular Visitor

I'm now receiving "Out of Area" message after the X1 app worked for one week consistently. I've taken all measure to correct (reinstall, shutdown, change home settings, retry etc) Called three times, transferred several times and still no help. Last. Tech said it was widely communicated to Comcast employees that this a technical issue with the app. And to simply wait until engineers repair the problem. I'm in my home and on my network. Can you assist me Chad?
Frequent Visitor

Chad,
I was able to use the app for quite a while and for some reason, now it's not working at all or correctly. I'm able to use it, however it isn't recognizing all my recordings. Anything recent in fact. Can you check my account to make sure everything is set up correctly? I've had the X1 for quite a while now.
Official Employee

@aabampa wrote:
I'm now receiving "Out of Area" message after the X1 app worked for one week consistently. I've taken all measure to correct (reinstall, shutdown, change home settings, retry etc) Called three times, transferred several times and still no help. Last. Tech said it was widely communicated to Comcast employees that this a technical issue with the app. And to simply wait until engineers repair the problem. I'm in my home and on my network. Can you assist me Chad?

I checked your IP address of you cable modem and its showing that the device is in the home now.. Can check now and see if your still seeing this issue.

Official Employee

@JMody wrote:
Chad,
I was able to use the app for quite a while and for some reason, now it's not working at all or correctly. I'm able to use it, however it isn't recognizing all my recordings. Anything recent in fact. Can you check my account to make sure everything is set up correctly? I've had the X1 for quite a while now.

Your account is set up correctly, we have been experiencing issues in your area lately with the cloud recoders.  That is the reason why you aren't seeing some of teh recent recordings on the app.  We are sorry for the inconvience and our engineers are working on to resolve these issues.