Community Forum

X1 TV App will not work

Official Employee

Re: X1 TV App will not work

@Rambo758 wrote:

I am having the same issue with the Good News message (just outside of Nashville, TN). We've had nothing but problems since upgrading our account about a month ago. My husband has spent probably 8 hours on the phone with Comcast. Everytime they fix an issue it breaks something else, and then of course the billing is all wrong. The app did work for a day or two at one point after we got our modem fixed on the account, but now we just get the Good News message. He was told 2 weeks ago that it was being fixed but it's still not working.

Looking into it now, your account is missing the proper codes. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastChad wrote:

@Rambo758 wrote:

I am having the same issue with the Good News message (just outside of Nashville, TN). We've had nothing but problems since upgrading our account about a month ago. My husband has spent probably 8 hours on the phone with Comcast. Everytime they fix an issue it breaks something else, and then of course the billing is all wrong. The app did work for a day or two at one point after we got our modem fixed on the account, but now we just get the Good News message. He was told 2 weeks ago that it was being fixed but it's still not working.

Thanks, let me know if there is something else I need to do.

Official Employee

@yunro22 wrote:

@ComcastChad wrote:

@Rambo758 wrote:

Thanks, let me know if there is something else I need to do.

Nothing you need to do, your area just went thru a billing converison and the code dropped off your account.  It should be re-added in a day or two 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Just realized you were responding to someone else, whoops sorry about that.

Regular Visitor

Thanks, what do we need to do to get that fixed?

Official Employee

Nothing you need to do.

New Poster

I am suddenly unable to watch any recorded DVR shows on any mobile device I have OR on a physical PC in a browser.  When attempting to watch a show, the screen just goes black and eventually errors out with this error: Error 900.primetime.106000.

Literally nothing I can do here.  The feature no longer works (which happens often it seems).

Expert

@Boneshee wrote:

I am suddenly unable to watch any recorded DVR shows on any mobile device I have OR on a physical PC in a browser.  When attempting to watch a show, the screen just goes black and eventually errors out with this error: Error 900.primetime.106000.

Literally nothing I can do here.  The feature no longer works (which happens often it seems).

if the assets you are attempting to watch are downloaded, you have to update your apps then open the apps to refresh entitlements to the downloaded recordings.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

They are not downloaded.  Just trying to stream something (anything) that I have recorded.

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastChad wrote:

@yunro22 wrote:

I tried to get the modem added to my account, but since it is a sb6120, it could not be added as it is too old.

Did you call in?  Thats a D3 modem and not to old, they should be able to add it. 

@ComcastChad wrote:

@yunro22 wrote:

I tried to get the modem added to my account, but since it is a sb6120, it could not be added as it is too old.

Did you call in?  Thats a D3 modem and not to old, they should be able to add it. 

Hi Chad, just got a new modem, which does now show up on my account but the app still thinks I am not on my home network, is there something else I can try.

New Poster

Suddenly can not get onto the X1 app on chrome on my computer.

I get the message "something is not right here, we are having trouble adding this device to your account"

When I call and mention error code 11700, no one can help!

Would love this to be fixed

New Poster

I contacted a representative through chat, and they were able to rectify it by adding my username to the account properly.

Thanks!

New Poster

Hi Comcastchad,

I have the same issue, as everyone else in this forum. Suddenly lost channels on my Xfinity TV App, getting subscription error 12012 and on my PC error (Error 900.primetime.3329.12012). The last account change I made with Comcast was about a week ago. I called in to let them know they were charging me rental fees on a modem that I already owned. At that time they also increased my Internet speed to boost. I can't recall if I've used streaming since that time so it's quite possible the issue occurred during those changes. Any help is appreciated, I've gotten nowhere calling in.

Frequent Visitor

Getting 12012 subscription error on channels I have in my package. What is the solution here?

New Poster

I'm getting the same 12012 subscription error as many others and have the subscription. The TV Go apps work fine but my iPad and iPhone X1 apps have stopped working suddenly.
New Poster

The issue seems to have been resolved on its own, but I will definitely keep and eye on it and this thread should the issue arise again.

Regular Visitor

Xfinity TV Remote app on iPad Air crashes constantly. Why do we have to pay so much for lousy service? This app is useless if it cannot remain running!

Expert

@JAF94025 wrote:

Xfinity TV Remote app on iPad Air crashes constantly. Why do we have to pay so much for lousy service? This app is useless if it cannot remain running!

Likely out of room in free memory. Uninstall and reinstall app and try again.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@JAF94025 wrote:

We are aware of this issue and working on new release to resolve this.  We hope to have it released in the next few weeks. 

New Poster

Chad,

I recently made a change to my service. I still have X1. Since that change, the app hasn't worked and I get the message below.

Good news!

XFINITY TV is now available in your area. Please call 1-800-COMCAST to order.

• Stream live TV and On Demand content to any TV, mobile device, or computer in your home.
  • Add the X1 DVR and enjoy the convenience of watching DVR recordings at home on your mobile devices and computers.
  • Download recordings to a mobile device then take your shows on the road to watch whenever, wherever you like.

Switch Account

Did you recently upgrade to the X1 Operating System? Activation can take up to 24 hours from the time of purchase.  Try Again
If you think there's a problem with your service, please call 1-800-COMCAST
Expert
Moved:

Contributor

ComcastChad,

I am having the exact same issue as mentioned in this post. I have tried speaking to Customer Support but it is still not working on any device. Please help!

New Poster

I have the Xfinity X1TV app installed on a few devices and on a few of them the app will just close out if I leave the app running more than 10 minutes tv to go doesn't do this just the x1 tv app on some devices I get an error 500 some devices I don't get any error just closes and I have to relaunch the app. I've Uninstalled the app and even tried older versions of the program. Has anyone else seen this issue?
New Poster

Hello, I was trying to watch tv on the Internet, but it said I had to use the tv to go app. I try to log onto the tv to go app but it does not let me log on. I am using the same password as I use to log onto my account. Why is it not working?

New Poster

I am trying to watch tv over the Internet. When I try logging into the tv to go app on my iPad using my comcast Id and password, it does not recognize me. What do I need to get it to work.
Expert

@Kmartens75 wrote:

Hello, I was trying to watch tv on the Internet, but it said I had to use the tv to go app. I try to log onto the tv to go app but it does not let me log on. I am using the same password as I use to log onto my account. Why is it not working?

you didn't state your actual physical location while trying to view TV 'on the internet'. The watching of TV on any device is while you are in your home connected to your xfinity modem (wired or wireless).

If you are outside the home, only a few channels compared to 'all' channels are available. The TVGo app is in the process of being folded into the xfinity TV app. When you successfully login to your xFinity TV app, select all listings and scroll to bottom where you will see "togo" internet streaming channels. select one and begin streaming. Also, remotely you can watch recordings that have completely finished recording.

The login you use on any of the xfinity apps should be your 'main' account. You can see your 'username' on an X1 connected settop box by selecting the xFinity button, settings (the gear). Under "My Account" select "Account Details" and note the username. (keep in mind capitalization of the username is not important, just the letters/numbers). That is the username. You can reset the password using the latest version of smart device app xFinity myAccount app.

New Poster

chad please help, am still getting an error message 11700 and cannot access my recorded shows

New Poster

<p>I am trying to use both the xfinity tv and tv to go app from my home network. When I try logging on to the tv app it say loading device and then says not available in my area(98512 zip). When trying to use the to go app, it does not recognize my password and username combination.</p>
Expert

@Kmartens75 wrote:
<p>I am trying to use both the xfinity tv and tv to go app from my home network. When I try logging on to the tv app it say loading device and then says not available in my area(98512 zip). When trying to use the to go app, it does not recognize my password and username combination.</p>

on the first part (TV app) call 800-comcast and select billing. Ask them to enable the cloud DVR for your account. Then the TV app will work as will the web site http://xtv.comcast.net

the TV go app password can be fixed with the same call (new pass or temp pass set for you) or if you can still use (are logged in) to the xfinity MyAccount app you can change your password from that app, then login. to see your username, on an X1 connected TV hit the xfinity button, settings (gear), my account, account details and note the 'username' (capitalization is not necessary just the letters/numbers).

New Poster

I am having this problem also. I have spoken to four different people and no one can solve the problem. I went to manage my devices and there aren't any listed but I still cannot use the app. It worked fine on Thursday and Friday morning I got the error 11700.

Regular Visitor

My Xfinity remote app won't let me record any programs. Does anyone have a solid solution?
Expert

@beradmeyer wrote:
My Xfinity remote app won't let me record any programs. Does anyone have a solid solution?

there are several xfinity apps with 'remote' one is xfinity x1 remote (acts like an online remote control), and the xfinity TV remote (has ability to set recordings, see listings in black on white and fast flickable listings, search for on-demand, see your recordings and even set a recording to begin 'now' or in the future.

When you find a show in the listings, and touch it do you get a menu page (with record red button)? do you have a DVR in your home?

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the response Rusty! Yes I have a DVR in my home. This app used to work fine for me. For whatever reason it doesn't anymore.

The App I'm using is the Xfinity TV Remote. I can basically control my DVR with it. When I find a show I want to record, I touch the "record" button, but nothing happens. Ive attached what I'm seeing on my phone.
image.png
Expert

@beradmeyer wrote:
Thanks for the response Rusty! Yes I have a DVR in my home. This app used to work fine for me. For whatever reason it doesn't anymore.

The App I'm using is the Xfinity TV Remote. I can basically control my DVR with it. When I find a show I want to record, I touch the "record" button, but nothing happens. Ive attached what I'm seeing on my phone.

i put in same search when I pressed record the button changed to "synching" 

go to https://secure.xfinity.com/profile#devices and select devices. does your equipment show up there? if so, uninstall the tv remote app and reinstall it, login and see if that fixes your problem.

Regular Visitor

Looks like it worked! I'm out of town, so won't be able to confirm until I get home. Thanks for your help!
New Poster

I am having this similar issue. Move and now the app doesn't work. I have tried I uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing works. Any suggestions?
Highlighted
Expert

@beamer1341 wrote:
I am having this similar issue. Move and now the app doesn't work. I have tried I uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing works. Any suggestions?

on your xfinity TV hit the xfinity button >> apps >> My Account >> account Details 

note teh username and compare that to the one you are using to sign in. 

if it is then go to 

https://secure.xfinity.com/profile

and select devices. is your equipment (still) listed there?