Community Forum

X1 TV App will not work

Regular Visitor

Re: X1 TV App will not work

Actual I have a mid size router and not the big hd-dvr if thats what you are referring to. App works fine on my samsung phone. The tablet is experiencing errors.
New Poster

I keep getting a error code : 13001 every time I fire up the xfinity tv app. I'm in South San Francisco CA. Please help. 

Official Employee

@arriaza01 wrote:

I keep getting a error code : 13001 every time I fire up the xfinity tv app. I'm in South San Francisco CA. Please help. 

What devices are you using?  Did you try using the online site, xtv.comcast.net?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Dear comcastchad, it seems like you have been a big help to people. I'm getting the same problem with the x1 app. I'm in Tallahassee, Florida. I have an X11 box.
Highlighted
Expert

with xFinity TV Remote App suddenly today there is nothing shown on DVR manager pages for scheduled nor priority manager. This program recently was updated and has worked perfectly. Now scheduled and priority display as if nothing is scheduled at all. I loaded the app on my iPhone and iPad same issue on both. Please advice comcast.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

It's currently not available in Tallahassee (use of the xfinity tv app).

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@ComcastChad wrote:
It's currently not available in Tallahassee (use of the xfinity tv app).

I'm in shreveport, La. on web dvr manager for scheduled programs i get this

Sorry, a system error has occurred and your list could not be loaded at this time. Please try again later.

and the web app that uses same info is down too.

any way to open a ticket on this?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

NSEARL errors healed app worked a week loved it!!! Now getting error 1000385 please help, disabled and watching app helps pass the time. Thank you in advance
Official Employee

@Cj2012 wrote:
NSEARL errors healed app worked a week loved it!!! Now getting error 1000385 please help, disabled and watching app helps pass the time. Thank you in advance

This is a known issue and we are working on a fix. 

New Poster

Just became a X11 customer and extremely disappointed in Xfinity TV application. It continue to tells us we are not in our home network as I a, literally right next to out comcast Internet modem and router in the home. This greatly lowers functionality. Technicians that visited home and on phone could not assist. They just said to install and uninstall and then said they don't know. Would greatly appreciate a straight answer. I spent 3 hours of my Saturday trying to fix for family. Thank you.
Tags (1)
New Poster

Same issue as I posted above. With regards to being told I am not on the home network. We are in Alexandria, Va
Expert

simple test: on your cell using safari go to http://www.whatismyip.com/  don't the the http part there. click on that link for your 'laptop'.

noting those number compare to the number on your (or a) DVR by long press 5+ seconds on the "exit" button, "down" "down" "2"

When menu comes up hit "down" to system, then "right" to page 6 (of 9). Assuming your phone is on wifi, and computer is wifi or ethernet connected to the router, the first 3 numbers of the ip address should all match.

example: 73.177.115.80  73.177.115.80 and 73.177.115.89

the 'dotted quad' (set of 4 Internet protocol address number) first 3 numbers all match. This is first 'check', 2nd check is 'ping' (to computer geeks, latency). This is also checked per DRM to be under 7ms or so to be sure the "IP" access is not used via a VPN (remote access like someone using your network but they are in another city/state/country).

Let us know what numbers you see. prob should not post full numbers here but just change first number for example to 999 etc for showing the number pattern

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same trouble getting the XFinity iOS TV app working as others. Rollout of X1 equipment and service began in the Culpeper, VA area last September and we had our STBs swapped out in December. The new service is very nice in the home, but when I log into the iOS TV app (or onto the xtv.comcast.net web site) I receive the message "XFinity TV is now available in your area. Please call 1-800-COMCAST." My account is already set for XFinity service. What else is necessary to get streaming-to-device and download-to-device working?

Expert

@freddd9999 wrote:

I'm having the same trouble getting the XFinity iOS TV app working as others. Rollout of X1 equipment and service began in the Culpeper, VA area last September and we had our STBs swapped out in December. The new service is very nice in the home, but when I log into the iOS TV app (or onto the xtv.comcast.net web site) I receive the message "XFinity TV is now available in your area. Please call 1-800-COMCAST." My account is already set for XFinity service. What else is necessary to get streaming-to-device and download-to-device working?

call the 877-896-8678 number and ask them if cloud dvr is on your account and if not is it eligible to be turned on (available). approximately 50% now have it in their area.

Frequent Visitor

Your advice was on the mark; my account lacked the "X1" code. Apparently the technician installation last month didn't include adding that code to the account as I'd expect. Bit of a disconnect there.

Worth noting for others in the same boat: don't select "cable tv" at the main menu after calling 877-XFINITY, select "high speed internet." The problem is tv-related, but streaming and downloading from the cloud are housed in their internet division. After re-assuring that service rep three times that we had a technician install X1 boxes last month he checked my account, saw that they still showed the old HD dvr and non-dvr boxes on the account, and transferred me to their "change of service representative" with the advice to tell them to add the X1 code. That rep did so, though it took her about ten minutes to navigate her software interface. And she sounded like she knew what she was doing, so maybe Comcast needs to make their internal interfaces easier to use.

Anyway, after she set the codes my DVR popped a message or three on the tv screen, I accepted terms both there and on my iPad, and now I'm playing with the app. This stuff is pretty cool.

Expert

@freddd9999 wrote:

Your advice was on the mark; my account lacked the "X1" code. Apparently the technician installation last month didn't include adding that code to the account as I'd expect. Bit of a disconnect there.

Worth noting for others in the same boat: don't select "cable tv" at the main menu after calling 877-XFINITY, select "high speed internet." The problem is tv-related, but streaming and downloading from the cloud are housed in their internet division. After re-assuring that service rep three times that we had a technician install X1 boxes last month he checked my account, saw that they still showed the old HD dvr and non-dvr boxes on the account, and transferred me to their "change of service representative" with the advice to tell them to add the X1 code. That rep did so, though it took her about ten minutes to navigate her software interface. And she sounded like she knew what she was doing, so maybe Comcast needs to make their internal interfaces easier to use.

Anyway, after she set the codes my DVR popped a message or three on the tv screen, I accepted terms both there and on my iPad, and now I'm playing with the app. This stuff is pretty cool.

lucky dog, you! not avail here yet

Frequent Visitor

I'm a little slack-jawed at the whole thing. I'm streaming live tv on my iPhone while I watch the same on my tv. The stream is about thirty seconds behind live. I'm just stunned that when they get all the pieces set correctly, it works. I even test-recorded a thorty-minute show, downloaded it to an iPad, watched it, returned it to the DVR and watched it there. And it worked as advertised. Well done.

Frequent Visitor

I'm also having this problem. I got the X1 box several months ago and had been using the apps on my iPad and iPhone without any issues. Two weeks ago I added Home Security (so I'm now quadruple play). Two days ago I received an email summarizing my account servies with the addition of Home Security. Coincidentally (or not) the following day when I opened the Xfinity TV app to set a new recording I was asked for my log in information and after "Adding device" came on I got the Good news! page and subsequently a 13001 error. I spent an hour on the phone with Xfinity customer service this afternoon and the app is still not working.

So I'm now waiting for a "Tier 2" customer service agent to call me back within the next 24-72 hours (business hours). I'm kicking myself for getting Home Security which was only partially installed properly, so I spent another hour today on the phone with yet another Xfinity customer service agent setting up an appointment for a technician to come and troubleshoot the zones that can't be closed, this after the first installer set up an appointment last week for his one of his more experienced colleagues to come back but never showed up.

I've been an Xfinity/Comcast/@Home customer for over 20 years. I'm on the verge of pulling the plug, getting FiOS like most of my neighbors and going back to to ADT!

Frequent Visitor

I empathize.This stuff should just work.

The short version of how I got this fixed is that they left out the X1 code in my billing profile when upgrading me to the X1 platform. Once I explained the problem twice to a first-level service rep, she passed me on to a service rep who handles app problems, who looked up my account and found the code missing. She instructed me to tell the next rep I spoke with that I needed the X1 code added to my account, and transferred me again. I explained this to the next fellow, who set the code and voila, the apps worked within minutes.

As a seventeen-year happy DirecTV customer I have to admit, it's a pretty sweet setup once it works for you.

I suspect the X1 code was inadvertently removed from your account when they added Home Security to it. You might ask about that code if the second-level tech sounds befuddled.

Also of note, when he added the X1 code the tech helpfully added another $49.99 X1 upgrade fee, which I had just paid the previous month. Yeah, got that removed right after I received my next bill.

You'd think this would all just work together, but it appears the moving pieces are only connected by separarte service reps and techs. They need a better, more integrated software back end to take the humans out of the loop.

Good luck!

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, freddd9999. I'll mention the code as you suggested.
Contributor

I get this exact same message.

Good news!

XFINITY TV is now available in your area. Please call 1-800-COMCAST to order.

• Stream live TV and On Demand content to any TV, mobile device, or computer in your home.
  • Add the X1 DVR and enjoy the convenience of watching DVR recordings at home on your mobile devices and computers.
  • Download recordings to a mobile device then take your shows on the road to watch whenever, wherever you like.

Switch Account

Did you recently upgrade to the X1 Operating System? Activation can take up to 24 hours from the time of purchase.  Try Again
If you think there's a problem with your service, please call 1-800-COMCAST

The app was working PERFECTLY for months.  I made the mistake of chatting online with a tech about another problem - and whatever he did caused the app to stop working. (and didn't fix my other problem either!)   I have called  Comcast and been referred to their "App Department".  No one seems to have a clue as to what the problem is and what to do about it.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app, turned off and restarted Wifi many times with no success - just the message.  I am at my wit's end.

Expert

@truthseeker719 wrote:

I get this exact same message.

Good news!

XFINITY TV is now available in your area. Please call 1-800-COMCAST to order.

• Stream live TV and On Demand content to any TV, mobile device, or computer in your home.
  • Add the X1 DVR and enjoy the convenience of watching DVR recordings at home on your mobile devices and computers.
  • Download recordings to a mobile device then take your shows on the road to watch whenever, wherever you like.

Switch Account

Did you recently upgrade to the X1 Operating System? Activation can take up to 24 hours from the time of purchase.  Try Again
If you think there's a problem with your service, please call 1-800-COMCAST

The app was working PERFECTLY for months.  I made the mistake of chatting online with a tech about another problem - and whatever he did caused the app to stop working. (and didn't fix my other problem either!)   I have called  Comcast and been referred to their "App Department".  No one seems to have a clue as to what the problem is and what to do about it.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app, turned off and restarted Wifi many times with no success - just the message.  I am at my wit's end.

call the X1 support center at 877-896-8678. Ask them to check the codes on your account to be sure cloud DVR is on the account. They can not add it if the software 'says' it is not available in your area.

Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion.  I called and they said that the Cloud is on my account and that the codes are correct.  They had no idea why the app wouldn't work and once again referred me to the "App Department". After waiting on hold for 20 minutes I gave up and hung up.  THis is mystifying as the app worked perfectly for several months.

Expert

@truthseeker719 wrote:

Thank you for your suggestion.  I called and they said that the Cloud is on my account and that the codes are correct.  They had no idea why the app wouldn't work and once again referred me to the "App Department". After waiting on hold for 20 minutes I gave up and hung up.  THis is mystifying as the app worked perfectly for several months.

if you have a laptop or desktop pc see if https://xtv.comcast.net/ works won't work on my chrome but does work with firefox and IE. (well i get the 'not available in your area yet' message).

Frequent Visitor

So I spent 45 minutes on the phone with a customer service rep this morning who seemed knowledgeable and was able to get the app working on my iPhone and I subsequently was able to get it running on my iPad mini, but I'm still getting the 13001 error when I try to log in on my iPad Air which ironically is the device that I had successfully used with the app in the past and the one I really care about it working on. He transferred me to the app department where the rep there wasn't especially helpful not to mention I could barely understand her she spoke so fast. I think she indicated the problem was above her pay grade so she created a work order and someone will get back to me (we'll see). So one step forward, two back.
Official Employee

@TM5 wrote:
So I spent 45 minutes on the phone with a customer service rep this morning who seemed knowledgeable and was able to get the app working on my iPhone and I subsequently was able to get it running on my iPad mini, but I'm still getting the 13001 error when I try to log in on my iPad Air which ironically is the device that I had successfully used with the app in the past and the one I really care about it working on. He transferred me to the app department where the rep there wasn't especially helpful not to mention I could barely understand her she spoke so fast. I think she indicated the problem was above her pay grade so she created a work order and someone will get back to me (we'll see). So one step forward, two back.

can  you try your iPAD air device again?

Frequent Visitor

I'm still getting the 13001 error, Comcastchad. I've had different iPads over time and it sounds like some of my them are still listed in my account. But this is the one I was using as recently as a week ago to manage my X1 box and download recordings.
Frequent Visitor

Interestingly when I go into Settings>Manage Devices in the Xfinity TV app on my iPhone, the only listing is for my iPad Air which I have used to download recordings in the past. My iPhone and iPad mini which also have the app installed and can access my X1 box through the cloud do not show up even though I've added those devices through the app. But I've never downloaded to them which might be why they're not listed
Frequent Visitor

Hi all - I just got comcast with X1/DVR and I have yet to get the xfinity tv app to work on my phone, iPad or PC... I made three calls to support with answers that the service was down, that I needed a DVR with cloud capabilities , and landed on a supervisor that said the app was just down altogether. Has there been an outage that is in effect? Four days seems like a long outage timeframe ... Pete
Frequent Visitor

Tried to log in to the app on my iPad Air this evening when I got home and was on my home network It looked like it was going to finally work. I got to the page in which you are required to accept the terms of service. I tapped yes and it went back t adding device and back to the request to accept terms of service. This occurred repeatedly not allowing me to advance beyond the terms of service. I don't know whether I should consider this progress or a black hole.
Frequent Visitor

So, I rebooted my iPad hoping that that might break the infinite loop and SUCCESS! At least for now. It appears I was able to add the device. Thanks ComcastChad if that was your good work behind the scenes.
Official Employee

Can you try going to this site https://device.comcast.net/devices and removing the device from the X1 dvr downloads tab? Then uninstall and reinstall the app

Frequent Visitor

ComcastChad, The app appears to be working now. Do I still need to remove the device, uninstall and reinstall the app?
Official Employee

No, you seem to be ok

Official Employee

@pbDayoff wrote:
Hi all - I just got comcast with X1/DVR and I have yet to get the xfinity tv app to work on my phone, iPad or PC... I made three calls to support with answers that the service was down, that I needed a DVR with cloud capabilities , and landed on a supervisor that said the app was just down altogether. Has there been an outage that is in effect? Four days seems like a long outage timeframe ... Pete

There is no outage, your area has not launched cloud dvr yet... Im guessing your getting the coverage is limited meessage when you log in?  http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xtv-app-errorcode-coverage-is-still-limite...

Frequent Visitor

ComcastChad, when I log in, I see 0 for everything (TV Go Downloads, Streams, DVR Downloads, and Home... Should these be populated as a new customer?

Pete

Frequent Visitor

Got it... thanks, I literally went around in circles for an hour yesterday talking with people who were confused.  Eventually had a supervisor on a conference call with the billing department, who finally told me I had the proper DVR (and didn't need to exchange it for a cloud DVR as another CSR mentioned), didn't have to buy an extra 'cloud' package as another had mentioned, and after a couple more dropped calls after being on hold, they were pretty sure the app was down for a few days and was going to email me when it was available again, that I should indeed receive the Xfinity TV app service (I specifically mentioned it wasn't the XFinity To Go app, as that one streams fine with live channels and on demand). 

I receive a message saying "Error 13003" and to call in sometimes, other times it just says 'coverage is limited'...

Pete

Official Employee

@pbDayoff wrote:

ComcastChad, when I log in, I see 0 for everything (TV Go Downloads, Streams, DVR Downloads, and Home... Should these be populated as a new customer?

Pete

Sorry that was not meant for you...  But once you start downloading the apps and using them your devices will start to populate.   

Again. the TV app is not available in your area and wont be for some time.   When you log into the TV app do you see the coverage is limited message?

Contributor

Apparently is was a problem with the way my account was showing to representatives.  Comcast Chad fixed the problem in a very short time.  Comcast Chad is amazing - after multiple frustrating calls - all it took was for engineering to refresh my account - app is working perfectly again!  THANK YOU Comcast Chad.

Frequent Visitor

I'd like to echo truthseeker719's sentiments about ComcastChad! Kudos!
Frequent Visitor

It always seems to come down to finding that one person who has the knowledge and reach to resolve a problem. All else is frustration. Glad you're back in business.

New Poster

I have the same issue.

New Poster

I am on with phone agent now.  He has no idea what I am saying or talking about, but having the same issue with X1 App not recognizing my account.  Can you help me please?

@ComcastChad wrote:

@goheels6898 wrote:

I had the X1 App on a Samsung tablet and an iPhone.  Both worked fine.  Over the last few weeks they both stopped working.  After I sign in to the app I get the message that the service is available in my area and I should call Comcast if I think there is a problem.  I called and they checked my account and said everything looked fine as far as the code needed to use the app.  It still will not work.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling on both devices, and also disconnecting and reconnecting to the WIFI.  Nothing worked and the support team was unable to solve it.

There was a code missing from your account, i have added it and you should be good now.  Please login to the XFINITY TV app and let me know if your still having issues.

Official Employee

@PleaseworkX1 wrote:

I am on with phone agent now.  He has no idea what I am saying or talking about, but having the same issue with X1 App not recognizing my account.  Can you help me please?

@ComcastChad wrote:

@goheels6898 wrote:

I had the X1 App on a Samsung tablet and an iPhone.  Both worked fine.  Over the last few weeks they both stopped working.  After I sign in to the app I get the message that the service is available in my area and I should call Comcast if I think there is a problem.  I called and they checked my account and said everything looked fine as far as the code needed to use the app.  It still will not work.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling on both devices, and also disconnecting and reconnecting to the WIFI.  Nothing worked and the support team was unable to solve it.

There was a code missing from your account, i have added it and you should be good now.  Please login to the XFINITY TV app and let me know if your still having issues.

Please send me a private message with your account info... I am unable to find your account with the email address you used to sign up for the forums.

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem, cannot connect using my iphone to Xfinity TV app.  Went through 3 differrnt numbers, 6 support folks tonight -- this cant be that difficult.  Help

New Poster

I had the X1 system installed today. Everything is working great except for the tv app. I can't schedule recordings or see what is scheduled.
Official Employee

@Tolbertj82 wrote:
I had the X1 system installed today. Everything is working great except for the tv app. I can't schedule recordings or see what is scheduled.

Your account is set up correctly, can you try logging out and logging back in to the app and then try to schedule a a hot-recording (set a recording for a program airing now)

New Poster

Just tried it and it says unable to set recording. We were unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again later.
Regular Contributor

I received an update on my OS for my Tablet. My tablet Is called the Samsung Galaxy Tab S. The update is Lollipop 5.0.2. Since the update... the app Crashes. It won't even let me get in the app. I rely heavily on my recordings & downloads from the cloud services. Can someone send this to escalations so it can be rectified. Thank you Chad or whomever can get the ball rolling.

Regular Contributor

I recieved your message that you are taking over the issue but for some reason I can't reply to you or Chad. You asked for my version number of the app. Here was my reply that I couldn't send you : Hi Joe, The version I'm using is 1.8.0.103 I noticed over at Google Play I'm not the only one with the issue. If you check the reviews from the last week or so, you'll see other Samsung users (who received the Lollipop 5.0.2 Update) having the same issues with the app not responding or crashing. I was told by Chad, that he was told, it was system related, in the office and not the app, and that they are working on it (last week) . But seeing that other users are having the same issue, my guess is that it's code related within the app for our specific devices that recieved the latest OS update (Lollipop 5.0.2 🍭) I miss my shows Joe!