Community Forum

X1 TV App will not work

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 TV App will not work

So frustrated - just upgraded to X1 service on Saturday but cannot get the Xfinite TV app to work. Says to call Comcast - that Xfinity TV is available in my area. Well, called tonight and after 4 transfers, last stop said "here's the number for our Apps division, I can't transfer you." WHAT???

Soo incredibly frustrating. Did get a issue #CR414011760 but I'm not feeling very confident of any kind of resolution.

Any help out there - is Chat better than a Call??

Angie

Official Employee

@Aldreia wrote:

So frustrated - just upgraded to X1 service on Saturday but cannot get the Xfinite TV app to work. Says to call Comcast - that Xfinity TV is available in my area. Well, called tonight and after 4 transfers, last stop said "here's the number for our Apps division, I can't transfer you." WHAT???

Soo incredibly frustrating. Did get a issue #CR414011760 but I'm not feeling very confident of any kind of resolution.

Any help out there - is Chat better than a Call??

Angie

Sorry for the inconvience, but Cloud Services have yet to launch in your part of the Chicago Region.   You should have               receievd the Coverage is stil limited message when you log into the app.   These features will be avaiable shortly in your area.   You wont be able to log in or use the app until those features have launched in your market. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Chad,

No I have never been able to access it. I just want it for the capability of streaming DVR content. What are my next steps.Thanks. 

P.S. Why dont the two different people I talked with on the phone know anything about this rate code? If they do, they didnt seem to think the rate code was the issue because they never mentioned it. 

Thanks for the help.

Official Employee

Can you try again, I was told your account was fixed last week?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Chad,

It siull doesn't work. I still get the Good News! error page. 

Regular Visitor

Thank you everyone for your help. I finally got it working. I believe they have to do something on their end Comcast but no one there understands it except Chad. Thank you Chad
New Poster

Chad,
I have the same issue as many of the other posts. Could you add the cloud service code remotely? I'm in the Boston area?
Thank you!
Official Employee

@sfbg1013 wrote:

Chad,

It siull doesn't work. I still get the Good News! error page. 

Someone should be contacting you in the next 24-48 hours to get you set up

Official Employee

@Studioll wrote:
Chad,
I have the same issue as many of the other posts. Could you add the cloud service code remotely? I'm in the Boston area?
Thank you!

Someone should be reaching out to you within 48 hours.. Please note that your bill will increase $2 more per month for the cloud dvr service.  Retail rate is $19.95 and you are currently paying $17.95 for X1 DVR. 

New Poster

Chad, I am having issues with my x1 tv app, can you assist?

Official Employee

What is your issue?

New Poster

having the same issue

i have x1 already

when i click the app I and login says its avalible in your area call 1800 number when i call them they where no help really 

Official Employee

@gargr wrote:

having the same issue

i have x1 already

when i click the app I and login says its avalible in your area call 1800 number when i call them they where no help really 

Someone should be contacting you in the next 48 hours. 

Official Employee

@John03052 wrote:

Chad, I am having issues with my x1 tv app, can you assist?

You should be all set now, can you try logging into the app now. 

New Poster

I 'm getting the same error, someone help!!!!!!!

I have x1 

Official Employee

@kbriscoe wrote:

I have x1 

Your account is set up properly, i am escalating this to our support teams to see why you are not being authorized for  the service.   

Official Employee

@ComcastChad wrote:

@kbriscoe wrote:

I have x1 

Your account is set up properly, i am escalating this to our support teams to see why you are not being authorized for  the service.   

Your account has been fixed, can you try now?

Frequent Visitor

I was hoping I can get some help. More then half of my recorded shows from my x1 DVR are not showing on the X1 app. This has been going on for over a week. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app but , still the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Frequent Visitor

This seems to be happening to a lot of users.  Everytime I call in the representatives don't have any idea what to do.  I'll finally get to a technical analyst which says there's a missing code then I get transferred and then am disconnected.

I too am having the same error after login to the Xfinity TV app:  

XFINITY TV is now available in your area. Please call 1-800-COMCAST to order.
- Stream live TV and On Demand content to any TV, mobile device, or computer in your home.
- Add the X1 DVR and enjoy the convenience of watching DVR recordings at home on your mobile devices and computers.
- Download recordings to a mobile device then take your shows on the road to watch whenever, wherever you like.

Switch Account
Did you recently upgrade to the X1 Operating System?
Activation can take up to 24 hours from the time of purchase. Try Again
If you think there's a problem with your service, please call 1-800-COMCAST

Help please.

Official Employee

@Alsands wrote:
I was hoping I can get some help. More then half of my recorded shows from my x1 DVR are not showing on the X1 app. This has been going on for over a week. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app but , still the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am seeing 12 shows that failed to record to our cloud servers, are any of the shows listed below the ones your are missing?

The Ultimate Fighter: Team Melendez vs. Team Pettis
Sons of Anarchy
State of Affairs
The Christmas Blessing
The Walking Dead
Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever

Highlighted
Official Employee

@BManke22 wrote:

This seems to be happening to a lot of users.  Everytime I call in the representatives don't have any idea what to do.  I'll finally get to a technical analyst which says there's a missing code then I get transferred and then am disconnected.

I too am having the same error after login to the Xfinity TV app:  

- Stream live TV and On Demand content to any TV, mobile device, or computer in your home.
- Add the X1 DVR and enjoy the convenience of watching DVR recordings at home on your mobile devices and computers.
- Download recordings to a mobile device then take your shows on the road to watch whenever, wherever you like.

Switch Account
Did you recently upgrade to the X1 Operating System?
Activation can take up to 24 hours from the time of purchase. Try Again

Help please.

Cloud Services have yet to launch in your part of the chicago area, there is a back office issue that we are aware of.  You    should have receieved the "Coverage is still limited message".   Cloud DVR will be launching in your market very shortly,  right now its targeted for the week of the 15th. 

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the information! Will I need a special cloud DVR box or will the X1 DVR box i have currently work? Make/Model: PA PX001ANMD
Official Employee

No new equipment will be required. Your existing dvr is fine.

Frequent Visitor

Yes , Chad these are some. There are also ones that where there before that are not . I have four Episodes of rectify on my DVR only one showing on the app. This is a relatively new problem. Do you know why these are not uploading to the cloud? Thanks Chad
Official Employee

Mainly issues with the cloud servers where the recormdg fails to record.

Regular Visitor

I can see my DVR recordings on Xtv app but they won't play! It buffers for about a min and then I get "NSURLErrorDomain::-1001 not able to access video stream...." Can someone advise?
New Poster

I have had x1 since april and have never been able to get the service to work on multiple phones, tablets etc, after four hours on the phone with Comcast and their cast of clowns, they told me to add IP streaming and the cloud, after I added those, the application Xfinity TV should work, it's been two days still nothing, I get to errors when trying to connect to the TV app:

Good news!

• Stream live TV and On Demand content to any TV, mobile device, or computer in your home.
  • Add the X1 DVR and enjoy the convenience of watching DVR recordings at home on your mobile devices and computers.
  • Download recordings to a mobile device then take your shows on the road to watch whenever, wherever you like.

Switch Account

Did you recently upgrade to the X1 Operating System? Activation can take up to 24 hours from the time of purchase.  Try Again

or 

Network disconnected, the network discconed error only has happend AFTER I added the IP streaming...If anyone could help me I would appreciate it, I have talked to soooo many people on the phone in the app department, in the wifi dept, in the bulk accts, dept, in the platform department, you name it I have spent time trying to resolve this.  Also, I know the services is available in my area (houston, tx) and I have both cloud added and ip streaming on my account.

Thank you!
Official Employee

@beckyfoster wrote:

I have had x1 since april and have never been able to get the service to work on multiple phones, tablets etc, after four hours on the phone with Comcast and their cast of clowns, they told me to add IP streaming and the cloud, after I added those, the application Xfinity TV should work, it's been two days still nothing, I get to errors when trying to connect to the TV app:

Good news!

• Stream live TV and On Demand content to any TV, mobile device, or computer in your home.
  • Add the X1 DVR and enjoy the convenience of watching DVR recordings at home on your mobile devices and computers.
  • Download recordings to a mobile device then take your shows on the road to watch whenever, wherever you like.

Switch Account

Did you recently upgrade to the X1 Operating System? Activation can take up to 24 hours from the time of purchase.  Try Again

or 

Network disconnected, the network discconed error only has happend AFTER I added the IP streaming...If anyone could help me I would appreciate it, I have talked to soooo many people on the phone in the app department, in the wifi dept, in the bulk accts, dept, in the platform department, you name it I have spent time trying to resolve this.  Also, I know the services is available in my area (houston, tx) and I have both cloud added and ip streaming on my account.

Thank you!

The cloud and ip codes are not on your account, since you in are in an MDU I am having issues adding the codes.    I need to send your account to your local customer service team to have your account adjusted.    The proper codes should be added in the next 48 hours. 

New Poster

The cloud and ip codes are not on your account, since you in are in an MDU I am having issues adding the codes.    I need to send your account to your local customer service team to have your account adjusted.    The proper codes should be added in the next 48 hours. 

What department actually adds that to my account?

Official Employee

@beckyfoster wrote:

What department actually adds that to my account?

Not sure, but i sent your info to the Houston MDU team.  

Frequent Visitor

Hi Chad, in addition to recorded programs continuing not showing on the apps recordings , I am now unable to watch the recordings that are there. The message says " playback issue 500 the system is reporting an unrecoverable error" . Do you think this is a hardware or software issue ? How can I resolve this ?
Thanks
New Poster

Hi Comcastchad!  Good news the app is working now (thank you), however when I go to recorded shows online or on my iphone 6+ (https://xtv.comcast.net) it says I have nothing on my dvr.  when on my actual DVR, I have 80% space used.  So I am not seeing my recordings.  I am in the Houston, TX area.  

On a side note my TV starts in spanish on my phone, I get a small icon that says america azteca when the tv starts?  Is that normal, I can scroll to another channel and get english but not sure why it starts in spanish, the computer on my Imac does not.

1. Unable to see DVR recordings

2. On the Iphone i get spanish channels first

Thank you so much for your help!

New Poster

Can you help us with this same issue? Been trying to resolve by phone for months
Official Employee

@chipandcorey wrote:
Can you help us with this same issue? Been trying to resolve by phone for months

This issue?  On the Iphone i get spanish channels first

Official Employee

@beckyfoster wrote:

Hi Comcastchad!  Good news the app is working now (thank you), however when I go to recorded shows online or on my iphone 6+ (https://xtv.comcast.net) it says I have nothing on my dvr.  when on my actual DVR, I have 80% space used.  So I am not seeing my recordings.  I am in the Houston, TX area.  

On a side note my TV starts in spanish on my phone, I get a small icon that says america azteca when the tv starts?  Is that normal, I can scroll to another channel and get english but not sure why it starts in spanish, the computer on my Imac does not.

You will only see new recordings post the rate codes being added, so only recordings as of today will be available on the app and web.   This is the first I heard of the spanish issue. 

Official Employee

@ComcastChad wrote:

@beckyfoster wrote:

You will only see new recordings post the rate codes being added, so only recordings as of today will be available on the app and web.   This is the first I heard of the spanish issue. 

This channel is listed as the first channel in your channel line up, it reverts to the first channel in your line up when you login for the first time..   KYAZ Azteca America 51.   Should be the same channel on your STB.  

New Poster

Sorry.  That's what I get for jumping in mid-thread.  We have not been able to get our tablet to work with the X1 service and have made about 10 different phone calls with no success.

New Poster

app will not work

@danmcd3568 wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem. Two calls to customer service with no resolution. Chad , can you help by fixing my account.Mine worked for a few months and hasn't worked in a month. The people I've talked to on the phon don't seem to understand what I'm talking about.

Regular Contributor

App is currently working on my iPhone but neither of my iPads. I am getting error code 1000835. Any thoughts?
Regular Contributor

I am now getting error 13001
Official Employee

@tstevensufl96 wrote:
I am now getting error 13001

Can you try now, i deprovisioned all your devices from your account.  Please try logging back in.

Official Employee

@will1924 wrote:

app will not work

@danmcd3568 wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem. Two calls to customer service with no resolution. Chad , can you help by fixing my account.Mine worked for a few months and hasn't worked in a month. The people I've talked to on the phon don't seem to understand what I'm talking about.

Its not workign becasue your market has yet to launch the cloud features.   Are you getting the coverage is limited message?

Frequent Visitor

Tested again today since you said it's targeted for 12/15 coverage in my area.  Still failing with the same message from my earlier note.  It does not show that "this is not available in my area".

Regular Contributor

None of my devices are working now. Error 10614 on iPhone and 10600 on the iPad. Please help!
Official Employee

@tstevensufl96 wrote:
None of my devices are working now. Error 10614 on iPhone and 10600 on the iPad. Please help!

where are you seeing these errors?  are you trying to play a recording, watch live TV or just when you log in.   These errrors mean there is in issue with our back office.

Regular Contributor

These errors appear as I am trying to log in. My iPhone is working again. The iPad is not.
Official Employee

@BManke22 wrote:

Tested again today since you said it's targeted for 12/15 coverage in my area.  Still failing with the same message from my earlier note.  It does not show that "this is not available in my area".

It's available in your area,  you need to have the cloud dvr codes added to your account.  I wasn't successfull so I am having someone take a look tomorrow.  You should be set all in a couple days.  

Official Employee

@tstevensufl96 wrote:
These errors appear as I am trying to log in. My iPhone is working again. The iPad is not.

A ticket has been created for this issue: 

#CR419764772

Regular Contributor

Thank you
Frequent Visitor

Do you know how soon the Cloud should be available in my area? I've been receiving the "Good News! Xfinity TV is now available in your area" message for quite a while now.

Angie