Community Forum

X1 App Live Streaming Not Working

Frequent Visitor

X1 App Live Streaming Not Working

Since last night, at home, when I try to watch most channels on the live Live TV section of the app I get the message that I need to connect to my home WiFi.  My wifi is connected and this appears on every device I have. There are a few channels that do work.  Also, I can watch recorded shows but only after they have finished recording.  If I try to watch a show while it is recording I get that same message that I am out of my home network.  This happened a couple of years ago and it was a bug in the app.  Is anyone else having these problems?

Regular Visitor

Re: X1 App Live Streaming Not Working

the xfinity roku app quit working this morning

Expert

@neisie13 wrote:

Since last night, at home, when I try to watch most channels on the live Live TV section of the app I get the message that I need to connect to my home WiFi.  My wifi is connected and this appears on every device I have. There are a few channels that do work.  Also, I can watch recorded shows but only after they have finished recording.  If I try to watch a show while it is recording I get that same message that I am out of my home network.  This happened a couple of years ago and it was a bug in the app.  Is anyone else having these problems?

take a picture of your labels area on your modem (one will be HFC MAC address. then run the Xfinity my Account app and select the internet tab. compare the serial number of the modem shown with that image of the labels you took an image of earlier. Same number?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

@asties wrote:

the xfinity roku app quit working this morning

full error text and error numbers?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

This device can only access XFINITY Stream on your in-home XFINITY WiFi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like (Error createDrmSession. 403-102)

I went through all the troubleshooting steps with Comcast this morning and they had to put in a ticket because nothing worked. No problem with other Roku apps.

Tags (1)
Roku.jpg
Frequent Visitor

Yes, it is the same number.  I actually went to the Comcast Service Center this morning and they are having the exact same issue on their streaming app using their WiFi network so it is obviously a problem in the Maryland area.  I contacted two other people in my county who are having the same issue.  The challenge will be to get this escated to someone who will understand the issue.  When I called yesterday they said it was an issue with my WiFi connection.  Thank you for your reply.

New Poster

I am seeing this same exact issue on both of my Rokus

Official Employee

Hi @neisie13. I can assist with getting an Advanced Repair ticket created and escalated for the live streaming issue you are experiencing. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your equipment to verify. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Frequent Visitor

I can't recall the date, but it was probably the weekend of March 10-11th.  I was able to watch all channels on xfinity TV on Firefox and also on Edge browsers.  But since then, I have noticed that a lot of the sports channels are just not connecting and the message is "Attempting to Resume" then stops with the "This Video Cannot Be Played"  We've run into a problem streaming NFL Live or some other sports related show.  When I click the Diagnostics button I get this:

Customer Service Diagnostics

Build number
OS
Windows 10
Browser
Firefox 59.0
Flash version
Status
in home
Entitlements
cdvr, cvod, clinear, tve-vod, est, tve-linear
Last fingerprint
cloudtv_web_polymer_4.9.1_prod_1521086043174_39773
Stream provider
primetime
Video ID
tvgrid/listing/2009592903150130109/detail/?channelId=6206065347165207104
Stream ID
tag:xfinitytv.comcast.net,2013:channel-station:6347017308402039117:chNum:1251:callSign:ROOTD#stream:format:HLS
Error code
TVAPP-00206
Error description
Loading of the specified resource has failed
Error aux info
http://ccr.linear-twtr-wa-pil-red.xcr.comcast.net/ROOTD_HD_TWTRdWA_18730_0_5207316382152361163.m3u8?...
Video Provider
1251 ROOTD
Video Source
TVListingDetail
Video Title
Giants @ Mariners
 This was working last week!  What's the solution?
Also, I have Kaspersky and when I sign into streaming, I get a popup that indicates something about the cerificate being bad and asking if I should continue or disconnect and if I click on "continue" it gives me another warning about security.

What gives?  It all started in the last week.

Expert

@atombrew wrote:

I can't recall the date, but it was probably the weekend of March 10-11th.  I was able to watch all channels on xfinity TV on Firefox and also on Edge browsers.  But since then, I have noticed that a lot of the sports channels are just not connecting and the message is "Attempting to Resume" then stops with the "This Video Cannot Be Played"  We've run into a problem streaming NFL Live or some other sports related show.  When I click the Diagnostics button I get this:

Customer Service Diagnostics

Build number
OS
Windows 10
Browser
Firefox 59.0
Flash version
Status
in home
Entitlements
cdvr, cvod, clinear, tve-vod, est, tve-linear
Last fingerprint
cloudtv_web_polymer_4.9.1_prod_1521086043174_39773
Stream provider
primetime
Video ID
tvgrid/listing/2009592903150130109/detail/?channelId=6206065347165207104
Stream ID
tag:xfinitytv.comcast.net,2013:channel-station:6347017308402039117:chNum:1251:callSign:ROOTD#stream:format:HLS
Error code
TVAPP-00206
Error description
Loading of the specified resource has failed
Error aux info
http://ccr.linear-twtr-wa-pil-red.xcr.comcast.net/ROOTD_HD_TWTRdWA_18730_0_5207316382152361163.m3u8?...
Video Provider
1251 ROOTD
Video Source
TVListingDetail
Video Title
@Giants @ Mariners
 This was working last week!  What's the solution?
Also, I have Kaspersky and when I sign into streaming, I get a popup that indicates something about the cerificate being bad and asking if I should continue or disconnect and if I click on "continue" it gives me another warning about security.

What gives?  It all started in the last week.

there is a post by @ComcastJoeTru above that might help. 

New Poster

I recently update from a streaming only package to a double play. As soon as I activated the X1 box I lost my live TV streaming on all Roku’s and the Iphone mobile app. Have spent over 4 hour troubleshooting with the “advance” troubleshooting team in Manila.

Have deleted and reinstalled app over 10 times, created new user name, rebooted modem multiple times and still no live streaming options on mobile app and live play does not work on Roku. Only on demand channels work with Roku. Need help from soneone in Comcast that is US based.
Expert

@tcor wrote:
I recently update from a streaming only package to a double play. As soon as I activated the X1 box I lost my live TV streaming on all Roku’s and the Iphone mobile app. Have spent over 4 hour troubleshooting with the “advance” troubleshooting team in Manila.

Have deleted and reinstalled app over 10 times, created new user name, rebooted modem multiple times and still no live streaming options on mobile app and live play does not work on Roku. Only on demand channels work with Roku. Need help from soneone in Comcast that is US based.

call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to tell you the primary username that you should be using to access your streaming subscription related to your home X1 equipment.

Expert

closed year old thread.