Community Forum

Why isn’t Xfinity listed as a tv provider for the vh1 app and bet app

New Poster

Why isn’t Xfinity listed as a tv provider for the vh1 app and bet app

I have had xfinity for 3 Years. I was able to log in through the apps before with no problem and about 3 months ago I’m no longer allowed because xfinity isn’t listed as tv provider for the vh1 app or bet app. We pay all this money for this service and run into issues like this.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Why isn’t Xfinity listed as a tv provider for the vh1 app and bet app

Comcast does not have an agreement with Viacom to authorize the apps for their networks.

New Poster

@Woods_doris wrote:
I have had xfinity for 3 Years. I was able to log in through the apps before with no problem and about 3 months ago I’m no longer allowed because xfinity isn’t listed as tv provider for the vh1 app or bet app. We pay all this money for this service and run into issues like this.

Expert

@Gerald2641 wrote:

@Woods_doris wrote:

some networks would rather 'sell' their already aired and extra material direct to customers. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/online-tv-through-partner-sites

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).