Community Forum

Why aren’t ALL of my DVR shows showing up on my Xfinity Stream TV Mobil App (IPad)?

New Poster

Why aren’t ALL of my DVR shows showing up on my Xfinity Stream TV Mobil App (IPad)?

My X1 box DVR lists ALL of my DVR shows (I am at 48%), however, when I try to access them through the Xfinity Stream TV App (on my IPad Pro IOS 11.0.1), only about half of them show up and are accessible (the DVR states it is 88% full.)  I know these shows are saved to the X1 Cloud-of which I am a subscriber, so space on my device should not matter (although I have upwards 200 GB available.)  I have reached out to Comcast SEVERAL times about this issue (I will not even go into the other issues I have been trying to resolve.  Ugh.)  It seems like no one has been trained to answer my questions, I keep being passed off from one department to another.  (Which, most times I am either disconnected, they don’t even have the answer-and do not even know where to start.) I am soooo frustrated.  Is anyone else having this issue, and if so, do you know the solution or at least a comprehendable explanation?  Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Expert

Re: Why aren’t ALL of my DVR shows showing up on my Xfinity Stream TV Mobil App (IPad)?


@Blondie48 wrote:

My X1 box DVR lists ALL of my DVR shows (I am at 48%), however, when I try to access them through the Xfinity Stream TV App (on my IPad Pro IOS 11.0.1), only about half of them show up and are accessible (the DVR states it is 88% full.)  I know these shows are saved to the X1 Cloud-of which I am a subscriber, so space on my device should not matter (although I have upwards 200 GB available.)  I have reached out to Comcast SEVERAL times about this issue (I will not even go into the other issues I have been trying to resolve.  Ugh.)  It seems like no one has been trained to answer my questions, I keep being passed off from one department to another.  (Which, most times I am either disconnected, they don’t even have the answer-and do not even know where to start.) I am soooo frustrated.  Is anyone else having this issue, and if so, do you know the solution or at least a comprehendable explanation?  Thank you, in advance, for your help.


The two DVRs have different capacities, and measurements. The Home DVR has 500 GB more or less to store recordings and the newer format (mpeg4) takes much less room to store HD recordings that are not local broadcast channels. I like to think of the DVRs space as a very big 'box' as compared to the much smaller (free) cloud DVR that measures its space not in GB but in hours (60 hours maximum). Comcast 'could' simply make your home DVR limited to  60 hours too, but I would rather be able to use the room available to record at home.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Why aren’t ALL of my DVR shows showing up on my Xfinity Stream TV Mobil App (IPad)?


@Rustyben wrote:

@Blondie48 wrote:

My X1 box DVR lists ALL of my DVR shows (I am at 48%), however, when I try to access them through the Xfinity Stream TV App (on my IPad Pro IOS 11.0.1), only about half of them show up and are accessible (the DVR states it is 88% full.)  I know these shows are saved to the X1 Cloud-of which I am a subscriber, so space on my device should not matter (although I have upwards 200 GB available.)  I have reached out to Comcast SEVERAL times about this issue (I will not even go into the other issues I have been trying to resolve.  Ugh.)  It seems like no one has been trained to answer my questions, I keep being passed off from one department to another.  (Which, most times I am either disconnected, they don’t even have the answer-and do not even know where to start.) I am soooo frustrated.  Is anyone else having this issue, and if so, do you know the solution or at least a comprehendable explanation?  Thank you, in advance, for your help.


The two DVRs have different capacities, and measurements. The Home DVR has 500 GB more or less to store recordings and the newer format (mpeg4) takes much less room to store HD recordings that are not local broadcast channels. I like to think of the DVRs space as a very big 'box' as compared to the much smaller (free) cloud DVR that measures its space not in GB but in hours (60 hours maximum). Comcast 'could' simply make your home DVR limited to  60 hours too, but I would rather be able to use the room available to record at home.


Rusty is correct - the Cloud DVR has a 60 hour capacity which tends to be less than your physical DVR.  Please see the FAQ for more details: 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Why aren’t ALL of my DVR shows showing up on my Xfinity Stream TV Mobil App (IPad)?

I have the same problem. In the past, maybe 3 months back, there was no problem but something changed over the Summer. I have been unable to get any help.

New Poster

Re: Why aren’t ALL of my DVR shows showing up on my Xfinity Stream TV Mobil App (IPad)?

all of a sudden i’m having the same problem as well as play back problems
New Poster

Re: Why aren’t ALL of my DVR shows showing up on my Xfinity Stream TV Mobil App (IPad)?

I'm having the same issue.  I understand that the cloud DVR only holds 60 hours but my stream app is only showing about 30 hours of shows right now and my DVR probably has about 65.  I tried DVR sync but nothing changed and it seems to me that it should as shows are deleted from the DVR.

New Poster

Re: Why aren’t ALL of my DVR shows showing up on my Xfinity Stream TV Mobil App (IPad)?

If I may ask, how does one do the dvr sync? I cant seem to find any info on it and that may just be the solution to the problem I am experiencing. 

Expert

Re: Why aren’t ALL of my DVR shows showing up on my Xfinity Stream TV Mobil App (IPad)?


@ewells wrote:

If I may ask, how does one do the dvr sync? I cant seem to find any info on it and that may just be the solution to the problem I am experiencing. 


the dvr sync is there to add a replacement/new DVR so the scheduler can assign programming to the device (as in 'program it'). if you use the Xfinity TV remote app you can see what Comcast's servers say is actually recorded on all of your home DVRs. The most common current problem is customers changing the device from 'all devices' to one of their DVRs in the recordings (saved) menu. the TV remote app currently shows all shows you should have. there may be cloud only programs that appear on your home DVR where the home DVR could not record (example: power failure of home electricity).



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!