Community Forum

Why aren’t ALL of my DVR shows showing up on my Xfinity Stream TV Mobil App (IPad)?

New Poster

Why aren’t ALL of my DVR shows showing up on my Xfinity Stream TV Mobil App (IPad)?

My X1 box DVR lists ALL of my DVR shows (I am at 48%), however, when I try to access them through the Xfinity Stream TV App (on my IPad Pro IOS 11.0.1), only about half of them show up and are accessible (the DVR states it is 88% full.)  I know these shows are saved to the X1 Cloud-of which I am a subscriber, so space on my device should not matter (although I have upwards 200 GB available.)  I have reached out to Comcast SEVERAL times about this issue (I will not even go into the other issues I have been trying to resolve.  Ugh.)  It seems like no one has been trained to answer my questions, I keep being passed off from one department to another.  (Which, most times I am either disconnected, they don’t even have the answer-and do not even know where to start.) I am soooo frustrated.  Is anyone else having this issue, and if so, do you know the solution or at least a comprehendable explanation?  Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Expert

Re: Why aren’t ALL of my DVR shows showing up on my Xfinity Stream TV Mobil App (IPad)?

Blondie48 wrote:

My X1 box DVR lists ALL of my DVR shows (I am at 48%), however, when I try to access them through the Xfinity Stream TV App (on my IPad Pro IOS 11.0.1), only about half of them show up and are accessible (the DVR states it is 88% full.)  I know these shows are saved to the X1 Cloud-of which I am a subscriber, so space on my device should not matter (although I have upwards 200 GB available.)  I have reached out to Comcast SEVERAL times about this issue (I will not even go into the other issues I have been trying to resolve.  Ugh.)  It seems like no one has been trained to answer my questions, I keep being passed off from one department to another.  (Which, most times I am either disconnected, they don’t even have the answer-and do not even know where to start.) I am soooo frustrated.  Is anyone else having this issue, and if so, do you know the solution or at least a comprehendable explanation?  Thank you, in advance, for your help.

The two DVRs have different capacities, and measurements. The Home DVR has 500 GB more or less to store recordings and the newer format (mpeg4) takes much less room to store HD recordings that are not local broadcast channels. I like to think of the DVRs space as a very big 'box' as compared to the much smaller (free) cloud DVR that measures its space not in GB but in hours (60 hours maximum). Comcast 'could' simply make your home DVR limited to  60 hours too, but I would rather be able to use the room available to record at home.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: Why aren’t ALL of my DVR shows showing up on my Xfinity Stream TV Mobil App (IPad)?

Rustyben wrote:

Blondie48 wrote:

The two DVRs have different capacities, and measurements. The Home DVR has 500 GB more or less to store recordings and the newer format (mpeg4) takes much less room to store HD recordings that are not local broadcast channels. I like to think of the DVRs space as a very big 'box' as compared to the much smaller (free) cloud DVR that measures its space not in GB but in hours (60 hours maximum). Comcast 'could' simply make your home DVR limited to  60 hours too, but I would rather be able to use the room available to record at home.

Rusty is correct - the Cloud DVR has a 60 hour capacity which tends to be less than your physical DVR.  Please see the FAQ for more details: 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/