Community Forum

Where is the new X1 Photos app?

New Poster

Where is the new X1 Photos app?

Just recieved an email about the new X1 Photos app with a link to other apps but not this one. Any idea where this is?

Official Employee

Re: Where is the new X1 Photos app?

It's an app to download to your phone to cast pictures to one of your X1 boxes, if you have one.
New Poster

Can't find the app to open x1 photo mobiles app
Expert

leeanngeweniger wrote:
Can't find the app to open x1 photo mobiles app

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/x1-photos-by-comcast-labs/id1159436543?mt=8  <== link to app on itunes

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I have an IPAD 3.

I search for "X1 Photos" using the IPAD's App Store App...and it returns ' No results for "X1 photos" '.

Similar searches like "x1 photos by comcast labs" get no results. Both of these specific searches are quickly suggested by the search field when I start to type in "X1"...but neither one gets me any joy.

Even a search for "Comcast", which returns links for a number of apps such as XFINITY Stream, XFINITY Connect, XFINITY TV Remote, etc, does not find X1 Photos.

OTOH, the link above, clicked on my Windows PC, does take me to the description for the App in the App store. But of course, the app is useless on my computer; I can only use it if I can get it on my IPAD.

What is a poor customer to do?

Thanks,

Robert

Official Employee

rdcii wrote:

I have an IPAD 3.

I search for "X1 Photos" using the IPAD's App Store App...and it returns ' No results for "X1 photos" '.

Similar searches like "x1 photos by comcast labs" get no results. Both of these specific searches are quickly suggested by the search field when I start to type in "X1"...but neither one gets me any joy.

Even a search for "Comcast", which returns links for a number of apps such as XFINITY Stream, XFINITY Connect, XFINITY TV Remote, etc, does not find X1 Photos.

OTOH, the link above, clicked on my Windows PC, does take me to the description for the App in the App store. But of course, the app is useless on my computer; I can only use it if I can get it on my IPAD.

What is a poor customer to do?

Thanks,

Robert

It's a phone app, not ipad

Expert

adding...

most phone apps will run on iPad but to find them just search for 'xfinity' first. then in upper left corner select pull down 'ipad only' menu and change to iphone only. then you will see and can install the iphone version of the app on the ipad.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Thanks. 

The description in the store, and pretty much everywhere else I have read about it, is misleading, then; for instance, the Store description says "This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.". IPad is an IOS device.

And I've got a lot of "Iphone" apps on my IPad.

But, I didn't see the Ipad only switch in the store, and that's valuable information. Thank you. I'm going to try it out.