Community Forum

Where is the app for Samsung?

Contributor

Where is the app for Samsung?

Where is the xfinity stream app for Samsung smart tvs? I was told it was going to be released in 2016, here it is June of 17. Is this still happening!

Expert

Re: Where is the app for Samsung?

Lonniew wrote:

Where is the xfinity stream app for Samsung smart tvs? I was told it was going to be released in 2016, here it is June of 17. Is this still happening!

no stream app has been announced that I recall for Samsung TVs. Some Samsungs do have a Sample app but many reports saying it isn't working.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster
Expert

mad1cmcsa wrote:

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/comcast-launches-xfinity-tv-partner-program-...

that's where they announced it a year+ ago. The 'sample' HD app only had some content for a short while and then per other posts finally had no content. the latest is the Roku beta for in home access.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Expert

The "Ultra HD Sampler" 4k app for Samsung and some LG UHD televisions was recently updated to version: 2017_08_01. This is the app Rusty was referring to.

As of now all of the previous episodes of the 3 remaining shows done in 4K can be watched. Access to previous shows has been fixed.

New Poster

That's correct, that's where they announced it. This was what the original poster was requesting an update on. I know many people, myself included, are purchasing or waiting to purchase Samsung TVs based upon this announcement. Yet no further details, no beta...pretty much nothing regarding a Samsung app, since the announcement. 

New Poster

The other reference that keeps getting posted as a solution is for the XFINITY TV on Samsung Smart TVs app.  However, the FAQ states up front: "We have decided to discontinue support of the XFINITY TV on Samsung Smart TVs app as of August 31, 2015."  Then it goes on to describe how to use the app.

While the UltraHD Sampler seems like a good start, it does not represent the majority of Samsung Smart TVs on the market.  Why is it taking so long for this app development?  I can access Netflix, Amazon, HBO, Starz and other streaming providers.  The XFINITY app for Samsung Smart TVs needs to be a priority for both companies.

New Poster

Sony is getting it it's a real bummer and they discontinued the ultra hd sampler app as well I bet Sony tv's get the full ultra hd app whenever it's realeased
Expert

@Aljresp wrote:
Sony is getting it it's a real bummer and they discontinued the ultra hd sampler app as well I bet Sony tv's get the full ultra hd app whenever it's realeased

you caould add an inexpensive Roku - currently on a free Beta.