Community Forum

When will Xfinity Stream come to LG Smart TV's?

New Poster

When will Xfinity Stream come to LG Smart TV's?

I had read that Xfinity Stream was planned to be on the 2017 and 2018 models of LG's Smart TV's yet the Xfinity Stream app still does not appear in the LG Content Store. I am wondering if there is any new information on this?

 

When I reached out to LG's support, they said that all requests need to be directed to Comcast/Xfinity as they are the sole developer of the Xfinity Stream application.

 

Thank you very much!

Expert

Re: When will Xfinity Stream come to LG Smart TV's?


@Aanders50 wrote:

I had read that Xfinity Stream was planned to be on the 2017 and 2018 models of LG's Smart TV's yet the Xfinity Stream app still does not appear in the LG Content Store. I am wondering if there is any new information on this?

 

When I reached out to LG's support, they said that all requests need to be directed to Comcast/Xfinity as they are the sole developer of the Xfinity Stream application.

 

Thank you very much!


https://www.fastcompany.com/90205212/comcast-is-totally-ok-with-you-not-having-an-xfinity-set-top-bo...



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: When will Xfinity Stream come to LG Smart TV's?

It's getting close to the end of 2018 and there hasn't been any indication that it's coming soon.  An update would be nice.

Expert

Re: When will Xfinity Stream come to LG Smart TV's?


@nhch2002 wrote:

It's getting close to the end of 2018 and there hasn't been any indication that it's coming soon.  An update would be nice.


please click on the link in the post just above your post.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: When will Xfinity Stream come to LG Smart TV's?

The post above stated by the end of 2018. With just December between now and 2019, I'd say it's the end of 2018. I haven't seen any advertising for this, so I'm guessing it's not going to happen this year!
Expert

Re: When will Xfinity Stream come to LG Smart TV's?


@Herc758 wrote:
The post above stated by the end of 2018. With just December between now and 2019, I'd say it's the end of 2018. I haven't seen any advertising for this, so I'm guessing it's not going to happen this year!

maybe it will be a Christmas or New years surprise. They haven't announced availability for the LG yet.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: When will Xfinity Stream come to LG Smart TV's?


@Rustyben wrote:

@Herc758 wrote:
The post above stated by the end of 2018. With just December between now and 2019, I'd say it's the end of 2018. I haven't seen any advertising for this, so I'm guessing it's not going to happen this year!

maybe it will be a Christmas or New years surprise. They haven't announced availability for the LG yet.


 

Actually if I'm not mistaken something of the kind was announced way back in 2017.

 

See this link, for instance: https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/9/25/16362846/lg-smart-tv-comcast-cable-xfinity-tv-part....

Frequent Visitor

Re: When will Xfinity Stream come to LG Smart TV's?


@Tzadi wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@Herc758 wrote:
The post above stated by the end of 2018. With just December between now and 2019, I'd say it's the end of 2018. I haven't seen any advertising for this, so I'm guessing it's not going to happen this year!

maybe it will be a Christmas or New years surprise. They haven't announced availability for the LG yet.


 

Actually if I'm not mistaken something of the kind was announced way back in 2017.

 

See this link, for instance: https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/9/25/16362846/lg-smart-tv-comcast-cable-xfinity-tv-part....


 

Also see this link which the above link itself cites: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170925005707/en/Comcast-LG-Partner-Provide-Xfinity-Customer...

 

But 2018 is almost bye bye.

New Poster

Re: When will Xfinity Stream come to LG Smart TV's?

I started calling Comcast every couple of weeks and asking the same question. “When will we see the Xfinity Streamng App on a LG TV?”  I then ask the representative to send this question to their manager.  

New Poster

Re: When will Xfinity Stream come to LG Smart TV's?

Anyone have an update on this? I was told about this as a way to lower my cable bill so I'm anxious to try it out.