Community Forum

When using iPad 10.2 an xfinity tv , my tv shows are shortened and skips a lot - any ideas?

Visitor

When using iPad 10.2 an xfinity tv , my tv shows are shortened and skips a lot - any ideas?

Tags (2)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: When using iPad 10.2 an xfinity tv , my tv shows are shortened and skips a lot - any ideas?

Poor wifi connectiion?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Re: When using iPad 10.2 an xfinity tv , my tv shows are shortened and skips a lot - any ideas?

This is typical for the app, have you gotten these errors yet?

image1.PNG

Expert

were you playing a recording from the cloud? an on-demand asset? 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Frequent Visitor

For me I was trying to connect to Live stream.

I STOPPED trying to play DVR on Ipad, the stopping and starting has gotten so bad.

On Demand is hit or miss.

Expert

Stein-97 wrote:

For me I was trying to connect to Live stream.

I STOPPED trying to play DVR on Ipad, the stopping and starting has gotten so bad.

On Demand is hit or miss.

run the ipad on tether to your phone. Is the problem gone ?

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Contributor

trying to watch recorded tv shows on tablet running android.  scenes skip ahead in show.  like part of the show is missing.  I can watch the same DVR recording on my cable connected home set  and the replay is fine.  I spoke with customer service and they admit that the application has problems.  Xfinity X1 customer.  I wish they would not

release products that don't work.  Sree Kotay is their cheif technical officer.  He is not doing a very good job. They ruined their internet based TV listings and the ability to control your home television replay from a laptop to put this application  before it is ready. Good Job Mr. Kotay.

Expert

terrydh wrote:

trying to watch recorded tv shows on tablet running android.  scenes skip ahead in show.  like part of the show is missing.  I can watch the same DVR recording on my cable connected home set  and the replay is fine.  I spoke with customer service and they admit that the application has problems.  Xfinity X1 customer.  I wish they would not

release products that don't work.  Sree Kotay is their cheif technical officer.  He is not doing a very good job. They ruined their internet based TV listings and the ability to control your home television replay from a laptop to put this application  before it is ready. Good Job Mr. Kotay.

based on a couple of other threads and some testing by other customers it appears that some errors happened randomly to some of the cloud DVR recordings. One customer even reported a playback message appearing when the video was interrupted. Glad your actual recording was OK to watch.

the testing (FYI) downloaded the videos with problems and the playback issue still happened proving it wasn't a streaming/internet playback issue.

Frequent Visitor

Same happenIng here. Playback using the xfinity tv app of recorded content. Skips/jumps ahead at random points during playback if you "rewind" happens in the same spots. This is not a wifi issue, there is something wrong with the app or the cloud recording function. Same happens for content downloaded to a device. I am using iOS devices withe the current Xfinity tv app, and current iOS (10.2)
Official Employee

downinitjr wrote:
Same happenIng here. Playback using the xfinity tv app of recorded content. Skips/jumps ahead at random points during playback if you "rewind" happens in the same spots. This is not a wifi issue, there is something wrong with the app or the cloud recording function. Same happens for content downloaded to a device. I am using iOS devices withe the current Xfinity tv app, and current iOS (10.2)

I'm sorry you're having trouble. The issue sounds like it is with the Cloud DVR recording itself. This problem seems to be particularly prevalent in the Twin Cities and Detroit regions.  Again, very sorry.

New Poster

I have the same problem and am in the Detroit market. Are they working on this? Or am I just one of these unfortunate people that gets to pay Comcast for another service that I doesn't work for me? It would be great to watch my DVR on the app like I should be able to with out it skipping forward minutes into the program several times.

Contributor

There are at least two other threads on this same topic (I started one of them) and it is very frustrating.  This is not a new problem; it has been happening for months.  It is not localized to the Twin Cities and Detroit unless Albuquerque has been relocated.  If it is a problem with the App (my guess) then get a fix out or let everyone know.  If it is a cloud DVR issue, then get it fixed.  This is not a device-specific issue or an operating system issue or a wi-fi issue.  Come on Comcast - help us out.

Official Employee
Moved: