Community Forum

When is Stream going to allow Chromecast casting?

New Poster

When is Stream going to allow Chromecast casting?

When is the Stream TV app going to integrate Chromecast?

Streaming is my primary form of watching TV. I like to view the shows on my TV because it's a larger screen and allows others to watch TV along with me.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: When is Stream going to allow Chromecast casting?

My guess is never. Comcast wants all video watched on a fixed-location device like a TV to require a RENTAL fee (cable box, CableCard, Roku app when it leaves Beta.)

Expert

trudi4 wrote:

When is the Stream TV app going to integrate Chromecast?

Streaming is my primary form of watching TV. I like to view the shows on my TV because it's a larger screen and allows others to watch TV along with me. 

you miss the point of business that Comcast is selling service to each (and every) connected TV in that it requires a monthly fee per outlet that is then paid to the networks and producers of the entertainment available for that outlet. The 'only' reason that desk/laptops can chromecast is that under a grandfather clause they consider attaching a TV to a desk/laptop to be a secondary and normal screen to the PCs. Look at the currently free beta test of Roku for guidance, in that when it is out of beta it will incur a cost per Roku to enable the device. You can still stream via the beta (google) extension from a desk/laptop to the Chromecast dongle. For information only, I have 2 chromecast connected TVs.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Frequent Visitor

Consider traveling retired folks like us. We're paying for cable, internet and phone at home but not using it when we are traveling in our TV. We can stream via xfinitytv on our phones or tablets but it would be much nicer to be able to cast the screen to our TV and fully enjoy the cable service for which we are paying. 

Tags (1)
Expert

jmanderson42 wrote:

Consider traveling retired folks like us. We're paying for cable, internet and phone at home but not using it when we are traveling in our TV. We can stream via xfinitytv on our phones or tablets but it would be much nicer to be able to cast the screen to our TV and fully enjoy the cable service for which we are paying. 

you can currently do that with a desk or laptop using the chrome browser. It has a 'beta' chromecast feature. you can use chromecast with HBOgo and some other 3rd party apps (not part of Comcast)

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).