Community Forum

What's the difference?

New Poster

What's the difference?

Hello,

We recently had a technician at our home and he told me about the Xfinity app that you can install on compatible Roku devices. Before I rush out and buy a Roku, I have a question. Is there a difference between the Xfinity app on Roku versus the Xfinity Stream app I have on my cellphone and tablet? Or, do they have the same features?

Thanks!

Expert

Re: What's the difference?

@Jmcc916 wrote:

Hello,

We recently had a technician at our home and he told me about the Xfinity app that you can install on compatible Roku devices. Before I rush out and buy a Roku, I have a question. Is there a difference between the Xfinity app on Roku versus the Xfinity Stream app I have on my cellphone and tablet? Or, do they have the same features?

Thanks!

they do not operate the same nor appear the same for features. The Roku is in beta (free) and the menu allows viewing of Xfinity programming while in the home connected to your own home wifi "only". There is no use of the beta app when not at home.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!