Community Forum

Watching recorded shows while they're recording

New Poster

Watching recorded shows while they're recording

I have searched all forums and so far it seems I am the only one experiencing this. If I try to watch a show on the app (roku stick) while it is recording, if plays for about a minute and stops. Then it only shows that it recorded for a minute. When I go to my x1 box, the recording is there in its entirety. I should add I have the stick in my home and on my network. I can't possibly be the only one this happens to??
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Watching recorded shows while they're recording

@Taraann80 wrote:
I have searched all forums and so far it seems I am the only one experiencing this. If I try to watch a show on the app (roku stick) while it is recording, if plays for about a minute and stops. Then it only shows that it recorded for a minute. When I go to my x1 box, the recording is there in its entirety. I should add I have the stick in my home and on my network. I can't possibly be the only one this happens to??

to test, i started a recording on the channel I was watching. I hit the record button on my x1 set top box. I then switched to Roku and ran the xfinity channel. selected saved, then the show in progress. it played fine (stopped it after 5 minutes). 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Watching recorded shows while they're recording

Hi @Taraann80

Sorry for the issues you're having while trying to watch your recorded programs on your Roku. I'd like to see if I'm able to isolate the cause of your issue. 

What model Roku are you using? Can you please verify your first and last name in a private message, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours?

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!