Community Forum

Watching TV on my Mac with no Comcast cable

Frequent Visitor

Watching TV on my Mac with no Comcast cable

I do not have Comcast cable.......can I still use the stream app and watch live TV on my Mac??

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Watching TV on my Mac with no Comcast cable

conchaz wrote:

I do not have Comcast cable.......can I still use the stream app and watch live TV on my Mac??

If there is some free access channels or on demand shows/movies, there is nothing stopping you.

Official Employee

Hello conchaz, to watch any content on Comcast via online or through the app you must have a Comcast login. If you don't subscribe to Comcast services you can use someone else log in or have them create one for you on their account so that you can view the content that you want.

Frequent Visitor

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE.  I HAVE COMCAST/XFINITY IP, EMAIL, AND PHONE SERVICE.  I CANNOT, HOWEVER PLAY ANY OF THE VIDEOS (NEWS, CURRENT EVENTS, ETC.) THAT APPEAR ON MY HOME PAGE.  ALL I GET IS A BLACK SCREEN, NO SOUND OR PICTURE.  ON THE SIDE PANEL IT SAYS THAT THE VIDEO IS PLAYING........BASICALLY, I GET NO COMCAST VIDEO OR TV.  SOLUTIONS PLEASE?

Bronze Problem Solver

conchaz wrote:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE.  I HAVE COMCAST/XFINITY IP, EMAIL, AND PHONE SERVICE.  I CANNOT, HOWEVER PLAY ANY OF THE VIDEOS (NEWS, CURRENT EVENTS, ETC.) THAT APPEAR ON MY HOME PAGE.  ALL I GET IS A BLACK SCREEN, NO SOUND OR PICTURE.  ON THE SIDE PANEL IT SAYS THAT THE VIDEO IS PLAYING........BASICALLY, I GET NO COMCAST VIDEO OR TV.  SOLUTIONS PLEASE?

Could you provide a screen capture of this happening?

Official Employee

conchaz, 

Are you still having issues with this?