Community Forum

“Watch Now “ Tab Missing

New Poster

“Watch Now “ Tab Missing

I’m unable to watch on demand via mobile app. Yesterday the watch now tab was removed. Only the Upcoming and Related tabs are showing. I can watch live tv and movies but not previous episodes. I removed the app and reinstalled but still not working. Has anyone else experienced this and were you able to fix it? I’m missing all on my shows :’(.
Expert

Re: “Watch Now “ Tab Missing

@MikeM1063 wrote:
I’m unable to watch on demand via mobile app. Yesterday the watch now tab was removed. Only the Upcoming and Related tabs are showing. I can watch live tv and movies but not previous episodes. I removed the app and reinstalled but still not working. Has anyone else experienced this and were you able to fix it? I’m missing all on my shows :’(.

for general viewing did you notice a top level category of 'On Now'?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

No. Nothing. Just the description of the show and when it will air in the future and related
Contributor

@MikeM1063

Mike, my issue began at noon on the 22nd. This is through the xfinity.com/stream/ webpage not though the application for me. This does not matter what computer I am on, what browser, what OS. My cache and cookies are clear. Iv'e spent days talking to tech support with no resolve. It's an account issue of some sort I am certain. I'll let you know if I can ever get their Tier 3 support to call me. It was escalated yesterday.

Contributor

XfinitySUX.jpg

Contributor

@Rustyben "for general viewing did you notice a top level category of 'On Now'?"

What he discribes sounds exactly like my issue which is on the xfinity.com/stream/ site and not the app. He maybe mistaken in the verbage as I have no issues with the mobile application working. I have access to live TV and recently watched items but any Series of any sorts result in the vanishing "watch now" even on HBO and Showtime which i'm paying for.

This is what frustrated me so much talking to support and finally getting someone who i thought understood what I was telling them I am experiencing and then they would throw out "you need to update the application".  Grrrrr Why do these people NOT have the technology like WebEx, TeamViewer, GotoMeeting etc to actually be able to SEE exactly what the problem is. It's like they don't hear me talking to 90% of them this week so far Smiley Sad 

Expert

@mmh7 wrote:

@Rustyben "for general viewing did you notice a top level category of 'On Now'?"

What he discribes sounds exactly like my issue which is on the xfinity.com/stream/ site and not the app. He maybe mistaken in the verbage as I have no issues with the mobile application working. I have access to live TV and recently watched items but any Series of any sorts result in the vanishing "watch now" even on HBO and Showtime which i'm paying for.

This is what frustrated me so much talking to support and finally getting someone who i thought understood what I was telling them I am experiencing and then they would throw out "you need to update the application".  Grrrrr Why do these people NOT have the technology like WebEx, TeamViewer, GotoMeeting etc to actually be able to SEE exactly what the problem is. It's like they don't hear me talking to 90% of them this week so far Smiley Sad 

on stream site i see in order...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

This is my exact issue and occurred around the same time. Speaking to Tech Support has been frustrating and useless. What was the final resolve?

Bronze Problem Solver

This is a "national issue" they are working on with no ETA.

Source: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Watch-Now-disappears-within-2-seconds/m-p/31680...