Community Forum

Watch ESPN and NBC Sports App

Highlighted
New Poster

Watch ESPN and NBC Sports App

When trying to watch anything on the WatchESPN app or NBC Sports app, I am promted to use my comcast log in, and then both say that nothing is included in my package and to contact my service provider.  Even the Xfinity Stream app says the same thing when trying to watch any channel.  Everyone I have spoken to says they are not able to see a problem since they are not Comcast apps, so why do I need to upgrade service and use Comcast login info to use these sights?  Is there any way to fix this.  I also have I believe the basic tv/cable package as well as an extra sports package.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Watch ESPN and NBC Sports App

@wrote:

When trying to watch anything on the WatchESPN app or NBC Sports app, I am promted to use my comcast log in, and then both say that nothing is included in my package and to contact my service provider.  Even the Xfinity Stream app says the same thing when trying to watch any channel.  Everyone I have spoken to says they are not able to see a problem since they are not Comcast apps, so why do I need to upgrade service and use Comcast login info to use these sights?  Is there any way to fix this.  I also have I believe the basic tv/cable package as well as an extra sports package.

Go here and verify if ESPN and NBC Sports is included in your tv package: https://www.xfinity.com/support/local-channel-lineup/

If they aren't, that's why you're getting the error.

If they are, call support and ask them to refresh your account

Valued Contributor

I would call/chat and have them make sure your are using the primary username. If you are using a restricted secondary username that is restricted from access the TV content, that would also provide you with a similar issue.

If you transferred services recently or anything, you'd want to make sure that that username you are using is on the active account and not the old account. This would makethe authentication invalid as it has no active services.

Just what I could think of at the top of my head.

-TheTechGuy007

New Poster

I have the same problem, NBC sports support asked to delete cache and user data on my phone where I'm trying to steam from but no luck. Xfinity support basically said not their app and nothing they can do since I can stream on xfinitys app no problem. Were you able to get any update or resolution?
Admin1

Hello All -- We can help with login issues for 3rd party apps. Please send me a PM with your name, phone number or account number, and the username name you're signing in with. I will get support ticket open for each of your accounts. 

New Poster

I am getting a similar error for NBC Sports specifically. Has anyone gotten this resolved?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Watch-ESPN-and-NBC-Sports-App/td-p/3049521

New Poster

Not yet, I haven't heard anything from anyone... Xfinity basically told me since I can stream from the xfinity app it's not their issue... Do you have 2 separate Xfinity accounts by chance? I unfortunately do, so was wondering if I need to have the one that had the cable package set as a primary account or something stupid like that