Community Forum

Watch ESPN App Not Working

New Poster

Watch ESPN App Not Working

I tried signing in to my Watch ESPN App through iOS and I get a message saying the network is not included in my current television subscription. The App was working until recently and I have a package which includes ESPN, so why am I not able to sign in?

Tags (2)
Expert

Re: Watch ESPN App Not Working


@SJLPDX wrote:

I tried signing in to my Watch ESPN App through iOS and I get a message saying the network is not included in my current television subscription. The App was working until recently and I have a package which includes ESPN, so why am I not able to sign in?


espn inside of your  stream TV app including TVgo channels are available. access to 3rd party app for ESPN is not included nor available. edit: see my next post, was able to log in to the ESPN apps.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Watch ESPN App Not Working


@Rustyben wrote:

@SJLPDX wrote:

I tried signing in to my Watch ESPN App through iOS and I get a message saying the network is not included in my current television subscription. The App was working until recently and I have a package which includes ESPN, so why am I not able to sign in?


espn inside of your  stream TV app including TVgo channels are available. access to 3rd party app for ESPN is not included nor available.


Watch espn works with xf on the espn web site (xf is a provider and I was able to login and watch), so why not on the app too.

 

http://www.espn.com/watch/

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Watch ESPN App Not Working


@mvenanzi wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@SJLPDX wrote:

I tried signing in to my Watch ESPN App through iOS and I get a message saying the network is not included in my current television subscription. The App was working until recently and I have a package which includes ESPN, so why am I not able to sign in?


espn inside of your  stream TV app including TVgo channels are available. access to 3rd party app for ESPN is not included nor available.


Watch espn works with xf on the espn web site (xf is a provider and I was able to login and watch), so why not on the app too.

 

http://www.espn.com/watch/


I just downloaded espn to my S8+ and was able to sign in a watch just like I did on their web site.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Watch ESPN App Not Working


@mvenanzi wrote:

@mvenanzi wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@SJLPDX wrote:

I tried signing in to my Watch ESPN App through iOS and I get a message saying the network is not included in my current television subscription. The App was working until recently and I have a package which includes ESPN, so why am I not able to sign in?


espn inside of your  stream TV app including TVgo channels are available. access to 3rd party app for ESPN is not included nor available.


Watch espn works with xf on the espn web site (xf is a provider and I was able to login and watch), so why not on the app too.

 

http://www.espn.com/watch/


I just downloaded espn to my S8+ and was able to sign in a watch just like I did on their web site.


Also downloaded Watch Espn and I was able to watch on it as well, so 2 espn apps work with comcast as provider. So why does it not work for you SJLPDX? Are you using your primary comcast login?

Expert

Re: Watch ESPN App Not Working


@mvenanzi wrote:

@mvenanzi wrote:

@mvenanzi wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@SJLPDX wrote:

I tried signing in to my Watch ESPN App through iOS and I get a message saying the network is not included in my current television subscription. The App was working until recently and I have a package which includes ESPN, so why am I not able to sign in?


espn inside of your  stream TV app including TVgo channels are available. access to 3rd party app for ESPN is not included nor available.


Watch espn works with xf on the espn web site (xf is a provider and I was able to login and watch), so why not on the app too.

 

http://www.espn.com/watch/


I just downloaded espn to my S8+ and was able to sign in a watch just like I did on their web site.


Also downloaded Watch Espn and I was able to watch on it as well, so 2 espn apps work with comcast as provider. So why does it not work for you SJLPDX? Are you using your primary comcast login?


I just retried both the ESPN apps and was able to authenticate with Xfinity. Tried the NFL apps again but they still won't authenticate.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Watch ESPN App Not Working

Hello SJLPDX. If you are still experiencing trouble signing into the ESPN app, I can help. If so, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Watch ESPN App Not Working

I am having the same issue. Watch ESPN app will not work. Says SEC network is not included in subscription. How is this resolved?
Expert

Re: Watch ESPN App Not Working


@sjs1230 wrote:
I am having the same issue. Watch ESPN app will not work. Says SEC network is not included in subscription. How is this resolved?

please read and follow the directions in the post directdly above yours to get that resolved.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Watch ESPN App Not Working

ComcastJoeTru I am also have the exact same problem that just started about a month ago. I tried to private message you but it just brings a blank page and no where for me to message you. Can you help me please?

New Poster

Re: Watch ESPN App Not Working

My espn app isn't working either... Says is not covered in my subscription when it definitely is... Need help!!!
Expert

Re: Watch ESPN App Not Working


@Yoshi112 wrote:
My espn app isn't working either... Says is not covered in my subscription when it definitely is... Need help!!!

did you already use your X1 remote and press the "A" button and perform the system refresh function?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Watch ESPN App Not Working

I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to post in case other people find it via Google (like I did). I had the same problem. I called Comcast, had them to refresh my account, and it works now!