Community Forum

WHY WHY is there no watchlist feature in the new mobile app?

New Poster

WHY WHY is there no watchlist feature in the new mobile app?

What the heck happened to the watchlist future in the Xfinity TV app? I can't even find a way to Favorite a show now...  Has anyone figured out a workaround?

Every time I use this, I wish I could roll back to the previous Xfinity TV app.  At least that one was reasonably organized. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: WHY WHY is there no watchlist feature in the new mobile app?

I believe it is in development.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Contributor

It's been in "development" since the summer. 

Regular Contributor

Hopefully when Favorites (TV channels and movies, etc. by the way) finally do arrive, they'll sync with the lists I've already setup on my X1 DVR, or at least sync will be optional (i.e. perhaps some will want to setup Favorites on their devices that are mutually-exclusive).  Personally, I'd settle for syncing all the way around.  Actually, I'd settle for any implementation of Favorites to show up.

Official Employee

milehiguy wrote:

Hopefully when Favorites (TV channels and movies, etc. by the way) finally do arrive, they'll sync with the lists I've already setup on my X1 DVR, or at least sync will be optional (i.e. perhaps some will want to setup Favorites on their devices that are mutually-exclusive).  Personally, I'd settle for syncing all the way around.  Actually, I'd settle for any implementation of Favorites to show up.

They will sync. Favorite channels were recently added to the XFINITY TV Remote app and sync automatically with X1 at the household level.  Of course, non-X1 users can also set up Favorite channels but they won't sync with the non-X1 set-top boxes.

Regular Contributor

ComcastDan wrote:

milehiguy wrote:

They will sync. Favorite channels were recently added to the XFINITY TV Remote app and sync automatically with X1 at the household level.  Of course, non-X1 users can also set up Favorite channels but they won't sync with the non-X1 set-top boxes.

Right, and I DO appreciate the fact that favorite channels sync between my X1 DVR and the TV Remote app.  It'll be interesting to see how Favorites are implemented in the Xfinity TV app.  Will it be an additional Filter that can be toggled, like HD, etc.?

Regular Contributor

milehiguy wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

milehiguy wrote:

Right, and I DO appreciate the fact that favorite channels sync between my X1 DVR and the TV Remote app.  It'll be interesting to see how Favorites are implemented in the Xfinity TV app.  Will it be an additional Filter that can be toggled, like HD, etc.?

As it turns out, from what I can tell, the additional filter for Favorites is exactly how it was implemented recently in the Xfinity TV app.  Am enjoying the fact that we now have Favorites in both apps.

New Poster

My App is not showing the new "Favorites" Filter you mention. 

Expert

SF13 wrote:

have you updated your version of Xfinity TV app? I just tested it on iphone/ipad/android/and a fire tablet. all have filter for favorites available. Checked the web page too, it also has the favorites filter.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Contributor

SF13 wrote:

Hmmm, well on my iPad Pro, I'm running iOS version 3.12.0.751 of the Xfinity TV app.

I've toggled on the Favorites filter by tapping the following:

Hamburger menu (3 parallel lines)  //  Live TV  //  All Listings

Tap blue Filters rectangle

Toggle on "Favorite Channels" filter

Tap Done

I also have the HD filter toggled on.  The Favorites filter showed up on the most recent update (Feb 13).

Hope that helps.