Community Forum

Video stops playing when you open any guide or menu

Frequent Visitor

Video stops playing when you open any guide or menu

I’m really unhappy with the way the Stream app now works.  If I’m watching a live channel or recorded show and I open the guide to browse listings, the video stops.  Why can’t you just shrink the video to a small window and let it keep playing while I look at what else is available?  It’s very frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

Please restore the feature that brings up an on screen keyboard where you can enter a channel number

Yes, I know that you can click the ... on the menu and see previous channels.  But I want to jump quickly to a channel not on the list.  Yes, you can open the “all channels” guide and then click find and then enter the channel number, but that is a little convoluted.

Expert

Re: Video stops playing when you open any guide or menu

@WhiskerBiscuit wrote:

I’m really unhappy with the way the Stream app now works.  If I’m watching a live channel or recorded show and I open the guide to browse listings, the video stops.  Why can’t you just shrink the video to a small window and let it keep playing while I look at what else is available?  It’s very frustrating.

so far you can only minimize (small window) while using the guide while using an iPAD mini or regular.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: Please restore the feature that brings up an on screen keyboard where you can enter a channel...

Hello WhiskerBiscuit, thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to pass this information along to our engineers so that this change can be considered in the next system update.