Community Forum

Unwanted user on my Xfinity stream account

Highlighted
New Poster

Unwanted user on my Xfinity stream account

Someone is signed in using my Xfinity stream app. I changed the password. I tried managing devices but I can see they are still watching things that I have not watched !! Help
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Unwanted user on my Xfinity stream account

@Krogers412 wrote:
Someone is signed in using my Xfinity stream app. I changed the password. I tried managing devices but I can see they are still watching things that I have not watched !! Help

did you also change your wifi password?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

No I didn’t change my WiFi password it’s on their phone how would changing my WiFi password help it’s on an app on the phone
Highlighted
New Poster

It on a mobile phone that lives in another state. I changed the password but I can see stuff I didn’t watch. They aren’t downloading anything just watching
Highlighted
Expert

@Krogers412 wrote:
It on a mobile phone that lives in another state. I changed the password but I can see stuff I didn’t watch. They aren’t downloading anything just watching

depending on account settings, best to change both. I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee. the employee after verifying you can remove all current streaming device authorizations from your account. when this happens, each device will have to be authroized again to access your recordings, etc.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi there, Krogers412. Thank you for posting. I will be glad to assist you with your account concerns that you're experiencing. I do want to mention that content that gets watched on the physical cable box (at the premise) can also show up online as recently watched. It's very common for us to get users reaching out here thinking that an unknown user is in their account because people at the premise are watching content. Recently watched content that shows up isn't just going to be content that you've watch online through the stream website. If you still have further concerns, we do have a way to manually remove all active sessions from users signed in on our end. In that case, please send me a private message with your name and I will assist from there. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

I ended up not hearing back from you on this, Krogers412. I completed the interaction, but if you need further assistance with this, please go ahead and send me that PM. Take care.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.