Community Forum

Unlink Old Account from Xfinity Stream App

Regular Visitor

Unlink Old Account from Xfinity Stream App

Hello,

I recently moved apartments but my old Xfinity rep did my transfer as a termination/new activation which has led me to believe that my old account is still tied to my apps and is preventing me from using my Xfinity Stream App at my new address. I used the stream app before and now it is telling me I have no subscriptions when I have cable up and running.  I believe that the stream app is using my old account and I do not know how to unlink that old account from the app.  I have the same Username as before, just different accounts. Calling customer service has gotten me nowhere.  Please help.

Expert

Re: Unlink Old Account from Xfinity Stream App

@Washington89 wrote:

Hello,

I recently moved apartments but my old Xfinity rep did my transfer as a termination/new activation which has led me to believe that my old account is still tied to my apps and is preventing me from using my Xfinity Stream App at my new address. I used the stream app before and now it is telling me I have no subscriptions when I have cable up and running.  I believe that the stream app is using my old account and I do not know how to unlink that old account from the app.  I have the same Username as before, just different accounts. Calling customer service has gotten me nowhere.  Please help.

contact 800-comcast (recommend daytime mon-fri eastern time) and select billing. Ask the agent to fix your current username to work with your current account/address.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello @Washington89 - 

Have you resolved this issue? If not, please sign out and sign back in to the account. We had an issue that was causing some users to experience this, that should now be resolved. 

Thanks!

Arlene 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Also, @Rustyben - 

Signing in, and signing out, should resolve this issue now. 

Please feel free to spread that knowledge and pleast At-me when you do. I'd love to ensure that it's resolving the problem for users still seeing it, and investigate otherwise if it does not. 

Thank you!

Arlene 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I have resolved the issue. Thanks.