Community Forum

Unable to sign into HBO GO

Regular Visitor

Unable to sign into HBO GO

I'm not sure if this question belongs in this location, but the menu isn't really clear so here it goes.

I am unable to sign into my HBO GO account; when I go to the website and log in with my Xfinity credentials, it tells me:

Signed Out
We’re having trouble verifying your access to HBO GO with your TV provider. If you continue to have this issue, contact your TV provider for assistance.

I've verfied with several Comcast CSRs that I do have HBO on my account, but none of them seem to grasp that I'm talking about HBO GO, not HBO the channel, and they've all been extremely unhelpful with trying to resolve this issue. It doesn't matter what computer, what browser, what device I try to log in with, I get this message each time.

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: Unable to sign into HBO GO

Sozin wrote:

I'm not sure if this question belongs in this location, but the menu isn't really clear so here it goes.

I am unable to sign into my HBO GO account; when I go to the website and log in with my Xfinity credentials, it tells me:

Signed Out
We’re having trouble verifying your access to HBO GO with your TV provider. If you continue to have this issue, contact your TV provider for assistance.

I've verfied with several Comcast CSRs that I do have HBO on my account, but none of them seem to grasp that I'm talking about HBO GO, not HBO the channel, and they've all been extremely unhelpful with trying to resolve this issue. It doesn't matter what computer, what browser, what device I try to log in with, I get this message each time. 

It appears that HBO is not offering to let Xfinity/Comcast customers use the app now. I've been using it for years and now the new version won't show Xfinity as a provider.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Regular Visitor

Re: Unable to sign into HBO GO

What about the HBO GO website? Forget the app, I can't get even get to that, it just gives me the authentication error.