Community Forum

Tv go broken on older ipads

Regular Visitor

Tv go broken on older ipads

Sometime in the last few days tv go stopped working on my older iPad runing iOS 9.3.5.    A chat with a support tech ended up at "upgrade your iOS and stream app",   Which is not possible as Apple doesn't support iOS 10 or above on this iPad.

It seems that some upgrade to the server protocols has broken backward compatibility.   Have other users found a solution?

Expert

Re: Tv go broken on older ipads

@mborgerson wrote:

Sometime in the last few days tv go stopped working on my older iPad runing iOS 9.3.5.    A chat with a support tech ended up at "upgrade your iOS and stream app",   Which is not possible as Apple doesn't support iOS 10 or above on this iPad.

It seems that some upgrade to the server protocols has broken backward compatibility.   Have other users found a solution?

the old TVgo app is not supported. new app is xfinity Stream TV app.  If you can't update to the minimum iOS 10.3 required the app won't work with stream. a very inexpensive android tablet or chromebook will work fine.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I AM using the stream app!   I'm using version 4.10.2.1118,  which looks and acts much like the current version on my IPhone 6.   The tv go part was working fine until a few days ago.   Now, it acts like I've set a filter that excludes everything even though I have no filters set.   I suspect that Comcast has changed the communications protocol so that it is no longer responding to tv go commands from the older Stream app..  I can still play back and download recordings from my home DVR.

NetfliX and Prime Video still work fine with iOS 9.3.5,  so maintaining backwards compatibility with a video streaming app is not a problem that cannot be solved.  

Official Employee

Greetings, mborgerson! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you are having issues with the TV GO portion of the streaming app. That's certainly frustrating. I would like to look further into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

mborgerson, I'm sorry that we weren't able to get the Stream app working on your iPad again, but I am glad we were at least able to provide further information that the device is no longer compatible with the Stream app.  Please don't hesitate to reach back out to us at any time if you need assistance again in the future. We are always here to help.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.