Community Forum

Try Installing Amazon Prime tv app to a new tv that is using comcast X1. It is a smart tv but when

Regular Visitor

Try Installing Amazon Prime tv app to a new tv that is using comcast X1. It is a smart tv but when

How do I add Amazon Prime video service (I am a prime customer) to a newSmart TV. When I go to On Demand and scroll over to the apps category. I have several ie, Netflix, Pandora etc

but no app for Amazon. Can someone explain to me in simple terms what I have to do to get Amazon on my apps category on my new tv?

Expert

Re: Try Installing Amazon Prime tv app to a new tv that is using comcast X1. It is a smart tv but w

pebrif wrote:

How do I add Amazon Prime video service (I am a prime customer) to a newSmart TV. When I go to On Demand and scroll over to the apps category. I have several ie, Netflix, Pandora etc

but no app for Amazon. Can someone explain to me in simple terms what I have to do to get Amazon on my apps category on my new tv?

no way to add it and so far no plans announced by comcast to add it. Your new TV may have a built in app that can display Amazon Video or you can cast it using chomecast from a pc/laptop or you can use a laptop or desktop and an HDMI cable to the TV. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Re: Try Installing Amazon Prime tv app to a new tv that is using comcast X1. It is a smart tv but w

How do I install Amazon prime to my smart tv?
Official Employee

Go to the apps section of your tv, not the cable box. Follow instructions that came with your tv for further install instructions