Community Forum

Too Many Ads on Xfinity Stream App

New Poster

Too Many Ads on Xfinity Stream App

This is absurd, we pay a large sum of money each month to Comcast, and so do millions of others. Yet for some reason, we still have to deal with an abundance of annoying and endless advertisements. I get the advertisements when watching cable directly, but the Stream app is a close equivalent to Netflix/Hulu which both of have No Advertisement options, much cheaper than anything Comcast offers.

I know me ranting on a forum isn't going to change anything, but I just wanted to vent out some frustration and see if anyone else feels the same way. 

Expert

Re: Too Many Ads on Xfinity Stream App

@Jurist_MD wrote:

This is absurd, we pay a large sum of money each month to Comcast, and so do millions of others. Yet for some reason, we still have to deal with an abundance of annoying and endless advertisements. I get the advertisements when watching cable directly, but the Stream app is a close equivalent to Netflix/Hulu which both of have No Advertisement options, much cheaper than anything Comcast offers.

I know me ranting on a forum isn't going to change anything, but I just wanted to vent out some frustration and see if anyone else feels the same way. 

you posted in the streaming app area, are you speaking of on-demand programs that are sponsored by advertisements?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Its 50 percent commercials.
Waste of time if you want to watch on a iPad etc.
Expert

@NAVYEAGLE123 wrote:
Its 50 percent commercials.
Waste of time if you want to watch on a iPad etc.

the stream app (numbered aka linear channels) are the same programming as the set top box. you can fast forward through commercials with DVR service.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

when watching on demnad shows on xfinity.com/stream 

theres way to many commercials makes me wannna cancel comcast and just get hulu to watch this show 

Expert

@gigantj wrote:

when watching on demnad shows on xfinity.com/stream 

theres way to many commercials makes me wannna cancel comcast and just get hulu to watch this show 

the networks allow the program availability to make money by showing those commercials.  If you would like to skip commercials you can use a DVR to record the programs when they are shown then watch at your convenience. 

New Poster

Totally agreed. Just sat through 8 Bud Light spots. Ridiculous.