Community Forum

This video stream is not playable under the current device conditions.

New Poster

This video stream is not playable under the current device conditions.

I see several posts somewhat relative to this issue, but nothing has been updated recently.

I recently purchased an Android TV Box, Model X Pro.  CPU Amlogic S905X, Ram 2GB, Rom 8GB with Android 7.1.2

installed the XFINITY Stream App, Version 4.7.1.005

when i attempt to view anything, i receive this error:

"We're sorry.  This video stream is not playable under the current device conditions.  Please disconnect any external devices (including HDMI, screen mirroring, or casting devices) and try again."

Is there a fix for this planned?  the app works on a samsung galaxy S3 phone.

Expert

Re: This video stream is not playable under the current device conditions.

@jveldmsa wrote:

I see several posts somewhat relative to this issue, but nothing has been updated recently.

I recently purchased an Android TV Box, Model X Pro.  CPU Amlogic S905X, Ram 2GB, Rom 8GB with Android 7.1.2

installed the XFINITY Stream App, Version 4.7.1.005

when i attempt to view anything, i receive this error:

"We're sorry.  This video stream is not playable under the current device conditions.  Please disconnect any external devices (including HDMI, screen mirroring, or casting devices) and try again."

Is there a fix for this planned?  the app works on a samsung galaxy S3 phone.

hi, do you have an HDMI cable or any kind of screen mirroring turned on? HDCP won't allow the stream to start if the device is trying to send the stream to an attached device (like and TV via HDMI).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes, it has a n HDMI cable connecting the TV box to the TV set.  The TV box is just that - a box.  it needs some method to connect to a display - HDMI.

Expert

@jveldmsa wrote:

Yes, it has a n HDMI cable connecting the TV box to the TV set.  The TV box is just that - a box.  it needs some method to connect to a display - HDMI.

won't work. a pi with windows will work. using a desk/laptop will work with HDMI connector as they are grandfathered in.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Why does my note 5 say this even though nothing is plugged up
Official Employee

@SoVicious24 wrote: Why does my note 5 say this even though nothing is plugged up

Hello, please make sure your mirroring settings are disabled and then reboot your app. If you continue to see this message feel free to send me a private message by clicking on my name "ComcastAmir" and then "send a message" with your full name and account number.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

To Comcast Amir have a Samsung note 5 says u know what will not play TV or videos thinks something g is mirroring it. I have a Samsung S 2 tablet does same thing WAS just installed today How r o fix?
Expert

@cltawake wrote:
To Comcast Amir have a Samsung note 5 says u know what will not play TV or videos thinks something g is mirroring it. I have a Samsung S 2 tablet does same thing WAS just installed today How r o fix?

press the square menu button and close all apps one at a time until no apps are running. perform a full power down of the device. power it up. working now? If not you have an app running in the background that has the function of casting or streaming the screen. 

Contributor

As origianlly posted, this does not work. Version 5.3.1.009 or the latest that I know of.

Restarting does nothing. Somtimes the app just works for a short time, but only then.

I have had to reinstall different older version to try to get a stream. Some older versions don't play TVGO channels at all (guide empty and yes I need this to work on the go).

I probably reintalled at least 20 times in the past week, most recently I was able to use 5.0.0 to get a working stream, but suprizingly the quality was horrible, even bad for SD on a phone.

This really needs to fixed.

Official Employee

Hello, mikebox121. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you are having issues with the stream themselves. I would like to look further into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Can you help me as well. I have the same issue when using my android tv box. works perfect on my tablet and my cell phone. All devices are connected at home using my xfinity wifi internet. I can't get my Android TV box to work and it makes me angry...... Help!! Thank you!!

Expert

@Carmelo814 wrote:

Can you help me as well. I have the same issue when using my android tv box. works perfect on my tablet and my cell phone. All devices are connected at home using my xfinity wifi internet. I can't get my Android TV box to work and it makes me angry...... Help!! Thank you!!

android TV box, nor an android TV is currently authorized to use the xfinity stream beta app. you can use a roku on the TV. android phones and tablets with recent OS can access the stream TV app.

New Poster

Not the news I wanted to hear but thank you. So roku will work but will a firestick work as well?

Official Employee

Carmelo814, The XFINITY Stream app will work on the following Amazon devices: 

• Kindle Fire HD (2013)
  • Kindle Fire HDX WAN (2013)
  • Kindle Fire HDX (2013)
  • Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 WAN (2013)
  • Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (2013)
  • Fire HD 6 (2014)
  • Fire HD 7 (2014)
  • Fire HDX 8.9 WAN (2014)
  • Fire HDX 8.9 (2014)
  • Fire HD 10 (2015)
  • Fire HD 8 (2015)
  • Fire (2015)
  • Fire HD 8 (2016)
  • Fire Phone

New Poster

Thank you for that info! I went out and got a roku box..... love it!!! It is like the X1 system on steroids. Amazing. Thank you

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Carmelo814, The XFINITY Stream app will work on the following Amazon devices: 

• Kindle Fire HD (2013)
  • Kindle Fire HDX WAN (2013)
  • Kindle Fire HDX (2013)
  • Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 WAN (2013)
  • Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (2013)
  • Fire HD 6 (2014)
  • Fire HD 7 (2014)
  • Fire HDX 8.9 WAN (2014)
  • Fire HDX 8.9 (2014)
  • Fire HD 10 (2015)