Community Forum

Terms of Activation Does Not Appear on IPad TV App

Frequent Visitor

Terms of Activation Does Not Appear on IPad TV App

I hope that someone can help me as I've contacted customer service several times but they cannot resolve my issue. I'm a new Xfinity customer and am able to view live TV and my DVR recording through the iPhone TV app; however, the content is not accessible through the app on my iPad. When I login to my account through my iPhone App, I'm asked to accept the activation agreement after logging in. When I login through my iPad using the same credentials, this option does not appear and none of my DVR recordings appear and I cannot watch live TV. It says that I don't have a subscription. It may be important to note that I logged into the iPad app prior to my service being activated, so I'm not sure if that's an issue or if there is a way to clear the history. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the iPad app and restarting my iPad but so far nothing has worked. 

Expert

Re: Terms of Activation Does Not Appear on IPad TV App

EJA1076 wrote:

I hope that someone can help me as I've contacted customer service several times but they cannot resolve my issue. I'm a new Xfinity customer and am able to view live TV and my DVR recording through the iPhone TV app; however, the content is not accessible through the app on my iPad. When I login to my account through my iPhone App, I'm asked to accept the activation agreement after logging in. When I login through my iPad using the same credentials, this option does not appear and none of my DVR recordings appear and I cannot watch live TV. It says that I don't have a subscription. It may be important to note that I logged into the iPad app prior to my service being activated, so I'm not sure if that's an issue or if there is a way to clear the history. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the iPad app and restarting my iPad but so far nothing has worked. 

the activation process 'leaves' the app and opens a web page that is used to authenticate. Do you have a popup blocker running? if so close it and try again (on the ipad)? I just logged out and back in on my IPad Mini 2 and it worked normally, and I do have the adblocker 'Purify' running. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately this didn't work. I disabled the pop-up blocker for Safari and even tried emptying the cache, deleting the cookies, saved passwords, and otheir Internet data, but I'm still not prompted to accept the terms and conditions.  It's almost like the app is "stuck" and keeps reverting back to how it was before I activated the service. It's frustrating because even when I login and out of the app on my iPhone, I'm always asked to accept the terms and conditions. 

Expert

EJA1076 wrote:

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately this didn't work. I disabled the pop-up blocker for Safari and even tried emptying the cache, deleting the cookies, saved passwords, and otheir Internet data, but I'm still not prompted to accept the terms and conditions.  It's almost like the app is "stuck" and keeps reverting back to how it was before I activated the service. It's frustrating because even when I login and out of the app on my iPhone, I'm always asked to accept the terms and conditions. 

Did you try copying the link from Safari and opening and pasting it to firefox or chrome?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Official Employee

EJA1076 wrote:

Hi Erik,

I remotely deprovisioned your iPad which should clear it from our system and allow you to get a fresh start.  Please report back if this solves the problem. I would have expected the iPad to correct itself simply by closing and reopening and, if not that, signing out and back in again. 

Best,

ComcastDan

Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much for your efforts, Dan, but I'm still having the same issues. I even reset and restored my iPad settings, but I'm still not promoted to accept the terms of activation and cannot view Live TV or any of my DVR recordings after logging in through my iPad. It still seems "stuck" somewhere from when I logged in the first time before my service was activated. Is there anything else that you can do to help or something that I can do on my end? I feel like I've tried everything!
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much for your efforts, Dan, but I'm still having the same issues. I even reset and restored my iPad settings, but I'm still not promoted to accept the terms of activation and cannot view Live TV or any of my DVR recordings after logging in through my iPad. It still seems "stuck" somewhere from when I logged in the first time before my service was activated. Is there anything else that you can do to help or something that I can do on my end? I feel like I've tried everything!
Frequent Visitor

Nope, this didn't work either, but thank you for your help! 

Expert

adding...

many iOS problems that are 'strange' are fixed by doing a special hard reboot. press and hold both the home and power buttons until the device completely turns off. Last time I did it, the device shut down in about 20-25 seconds. when it comes back on after reboot, try to log in again.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the tip, but I have done the reboot several times and even reset and restored my iPad, but that didn't work. Is there a way you can remove the iPad from you system so that I can start fresh because everytime I login, it reverts back to how it was when I logged in prior to my services being activated and I'm not prompted to accept the terms of activation. The iPad seems to be stuck somehow. I'll try logging into a different wifi network to see if that changes anything.
Expert

EJA1076 wrote:
Thanks for the tip, but I have done the reboot several times and even reset and restored my iPad, but that didn't work. Is there a way you can remove the iPad from you system so that I can start fresh because everytime I login, it reverts back to how it was when I logged in prior to my services being activated and I'm not prompted to accept the terms of activation. The iPad seems to be stuck somehow. I'll try logging into a different wifi network to see if that changes anything.

in post 5 above, Comcast already did that for your iPad.

Frequent Visitor