Community Forum

TV remote app useless again

Silver Problem Solver

TV remote app useless again

Since the original thread is locked, I have to start a new one.

As I mentioned in that last thread, the app is very unreliable. It was working for a few weeks, but is back to giving errors trying to get details on a show, or viewing my scheduled recordings. It has always been on-and-off, and will probably always be on-and-off until they just give up and get rid of it.

Expert

Re: TV remote app useless again

@andyross wrote:

Since the original thread is locked, I have to start a new one.

As I mentioned in that last thread, the app is very unreliable. It was working for a few weeks, but is back to giving errors trying to get details on a show, or viewing my scheduled recordings. It has always been on-and-off, and will probably always be on-and-off until they just give up and get rid of it.

have a screen shot of error? can you be more specific? I use the app all the time without problems.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Expert

@andyross wrote:

Here's the oriignal thread, which has all the info.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/TV-Remote-app-getting-useless/m-p/3140683

could you just post into that thread since a comcast official employee is helping others with the issue?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

This morning I'm having the exact same issues with the Remote app on Android as andyross. As a matter of fact, I was having the same issues back in September (Andy's original thread) and I reported on his thread. I also have a legacy (non-x1) DVR. As Andy and I have said, it will start working again, maybe for 3 weeks or so, then stops.

I was having the same problems about about 3 weeks ago and posted here on the Forums. ComcastMorgan reached out to me and we corresponded via private msg. He bumped it up to the next support level and within 24-48 hours they got it working again. Well, it's worked for about 3 weeks and again has gone kaput.

Fyi: The Apple Remote app is working properly on my iPad.
Official Employee

Hi andyross and g-hodgson. I'm familiar with the issue and will be more than happy to continue assisting with the app trouble. I am already working with g-hodgson in a PM for this same issue and I will make make note in that request that you too are (and have been) experiencing this same issue. I will keep you posted on the resolution. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

Thank you, Morgan.

Official Employee

You're very welcome! I will follow up with you accordingly. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

Like previous times before, this problem was bumped up to higher level support. And like before, the issue was temporarily fixed. This time it only worked for 5 days or so (vs. 3 weeks), as it stopped working last night and still isn't working this morning.

Android phone. Can't view program details and get error message when attempting to view Scheduled recordings. Viewing Recorded programs is fine. All functions work on my Apple iPad. I have a non-X1 DVR.
Official Employee

Hi, g-hodgson. Please reach out and supply that update in the private message you currently have going with us, in order for continued work on it. Thank you! 

Regular Contributor

Will do.
Official Employee

Much appreciated. We'll stay on it from there. Thank you. 

Official Employee

Hello again. How are things going for you guys with the app, as of lately?

Regular Contributor

Hi Morgan. It's been working ok since around Nov 19th or so. Last private message was with ComcastSean a couple of weeks ago. Hope this is the permanent fix!
Official Employee

I agree! I will go ahead and keep this post open for another week or two, just to allow more time for monitoring. As you know, we'll be here and able to help with this beyond that timeframe if needed. We will have this thread and all previous conversations we've had with you to reference. Happy Holidays!

Regular Contributor

Thanks, Morgan. Happy Holidays to you, too!
Official Employee

Hi. I will be completing this interaction since things seem to be working well again with this app. If that changes for some reason, you are welcome to create a new post.  Thanks!