Community Forum

TV Remote App

Contributor

TV Remote App

This App isn't working correctly. Under the TV tab, if you go to Networks only the Networks from "M-O" display. The other networks are missing. First noticed this yesterday. Thank you very much.

Problem Solver

Re: TV Remote App

I am able to replicate this issue on my Droid Turbo 2 with the TV Remote app when selecting the TV tab, then Browse and then Networks.  If you select the Networks tab instead of TV, ALL network options are available.  On my Ipad with the TV Remote app, on the XOD On Demand tab, selecting Networks DOES show all properly, but when scrolling down to Browse and selecting Networks, only M-O is displayed.  It appears to be an issue with the Browse selection.

The Developer email contact is: Xfinity_TVApp@comcast.com.

Chatted with a rep and he opened ticket reference number: CR831637166.  We'll see what happens.

Got an email response from the Developer email contact:

Hello Joe, thanks for reaching out about this App Guide issue! This is actually a know issue and we are working to get it resolved as soon as possible. I do not have an exact date or time, but our engineers are working on the backend to get this corrected. We apologize about any inconvenience and truly appreciate your patience.

-Comcast

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Contributor

It did work fine earlier but am not sure exactly when it changed. Thanks for the update.

Problem Solver

Well, I got a call back regarding the ticket I opened. The caller said the TV Remote app was being discontinued!?! I told him it is available in the Play/App Stores...not sure where he was getting his information. Maybe a Comcast rep can clarify this?
Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Contributor

Sure hope he is wrong. It is one app I use many times every day. The stream app isn't as useful to me.

Official Employee

Good afternoon, all - 

I don't see any known issues regarding the app. I also don't have any news regarding discontinuing the app. If you're experiencing issues, I would be more than happy to assist. Please send me a PM with your first/last name to get started. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Good afternoon - 

I wanted to update this public thread with my findings. I'm able to confirm that the app is not being discontinued, but we were able to replicate the issues. I was able to reach out to our advanced repair team and a ticket is being opened for this. I can update this thread once I have any updates to share.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

The Beta App on my Samsung TV keeps freezing. I do have 1 set top box and stream with Roku and stream fine on 2 other tv’s that have no issue. The app has been uninstalled and reinstalled also a refresh signal sent. Still not able to stream with the app without if freezing.
Official Employee

binkybink, welcome to the forums. I'm sorry to hear that! What are you doing when the app freezes? 

Official Employee

Hello, all, I wanted to update the thread regarding the TV Remote app. I can confirm that we are definitely not phasing out the app. The issues with the networks showing M-O is based on the program used for the menu. 

We heard back from our advanced repair team and the app is working as intended, even with the networks only showing M-O. The menu that is used to sort the networks uses a type of program that the app does not currently support. It wouldn't be an issue with the app but more with the architecture of the menus that are programmed on the TV remote.

At this time, to view the networks, we'd need to select On Demand > Networks which seems to have the complete list.