Community Forum

TV Remote App no longer Records

Frequent Visitor

TV Remote App no longer Records

When I was not at home I used to be able to use the TV Remote app to record a program in my absence.  The new version of the app no longer has a Record function only a Watch function. Any advice on how to Record remotely?

Expert

Re: TV Remote App no longer Records

bheathfl wrote:

When I was not at home I used to be able to use the TV Remote app to record a program in my absence.  The new version of the app no longer has a Record function only a Watch function. Any advice on how to Record remotely?

did you log out and log back in to the app yet?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I signed out of the app and signed back in.  It still does not show a Record function.

Expert

bheathfl wrote:

Yes, I signed out of the app and signed back in.  It still does not show a Record function.

do you have a DVR? if so is this the legacy DVR or x1 DVR? 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Frequent Visitor

It's an X1 dvr.

Expert

bheathfl wrote:

It's an X1 dvr.

on an X1 set top box connected TV check the username listed at the xFinity button >> gear(settings) >> My Account >> Account Details  --- be sure that is the username that you used on the app, too.

Frequent Visitor

Yes both user names are the same and it still doesn't have a Record function.

Expert

bheathfl wrote:

It's an X1 dvr.

using the xfinity my account app, under the TV tab (section) does it show all your x1 equipment including the DVR? models listed?

Frequent Visitor

Yes it shows my X1 dvr which is the only one I have.

Expert

bheathfl wrote:

Yes it shows my X1 dvr which is the only one I have.

when you looked at the 'account details' screen were all the other items filled in like name, preferred email, etc?  I'm thinking something may be disconnected in the backend from your equipment. My account details were all blank except username one time when I lost access temporarily to the DVRs(3). If that doesn't clear it I'll ask a comcast rep to look into your account by contacting you on this thread.

Frequent Visitor

I have found that if I use the  "Xfinity TV" app instead of the the "Xfinity TV Remote" app I can record a future program. Perhaps the TV Remote app never had that capability.  I will use the TV app rather than the TV Remote app in the future. 

Frequent Visitor

I believe it has to do with the update to ios 10.

It removed the DVR option on the bottom of the screen and the ability to record. 

Hopefully a fix will happen soon

Official Employee