Community Forum

TV Apps

New Poster

TV Apps

When I ordered the triple play package with the x1 DVR I swore it showed more app available on your TV. Specifically Netflix and Hulu. Do you have too upgrade your service too get those or Was it an advertisement for Apps soon too come or am I just going senial. Lol
Gold Problem Solver

Re: TV Apps

Sorry pathos but you missed something. X1 has never had Netflix or Hulu. They may never have it because those services compete directly with other Comcast services.

pathos wrote:
When I ordered the triple play package with the x1 DVR I swore it showed more app available on your TV. Specifically Netflix and Hulu. Do you have too upgrade your service too get those or Was it an advertisement for Apps soon too come or am I just going senial. Lol

Gold Problem Solver

There are so many ways to watch Netflix and Hulu. Do you have a fairly new Blu-ray? I'll bet it can access Netflix.

I did a count a while back and I realized I have 13 different ways in my house to watch Netflix. It really makes no difference if Comcast offers it.

pathos wrote:

Silver Problem Solver

RickGr4 wrote:

There are so many ways to watch Netflix and Hulu. Do you have a fairly new Blu-ray? I'll bet it can access Netflix.

I did a count a while back and I realized I have 13 different ways in my house to watch Netflix. It really makes no difference if Comcast offers it.

pathos wrote:

And Comcast is certainly not going to provide a FREE connection to Netflix.  Maybe that's what people are hoping Comcast will provide. HA!

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Gold Problem Solver

If I recall, Comcast has accused Netflix of taking up too much internet bandwidth on their network. I would not expect to see Netflix on Comcast anytime soon, especially free....

RobertWy wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

pathos wrote:

And Comcast is certainly not going to provide a FREE connection to Netflix.  Maybe that's what people are hoping Comcast will provide. HA!

\

Expert

Some MSOs are entering agreements with netflix to provide access to their network via direct feed into the MSO's network. The use then appears internal to comcast not having to pay for backbone traffic. I presume it would be a fiber obtic trunk between A Netflix hub and the MSO.

sort of ticks me off that they don't allow access from each x1 device with an ethernet port too to allow connecting up smart TVs to the hardwired network. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Expert

UPDATE: comcast has announced it will have a netflix app soon on the x1 entertainment system. I would expect once it is 'created' that others like youtube will follow.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Year old thread closed