Community Forum

Support for Chromecast

New Poster

Support for Chromecast

When will Comcast do the right thing by its customers and fully support Chromecast for streaming. A simple thing like streaming Xfinity from a phone to an outdoor projector should be easy, and it shouldn't be necessary to run a laptop and long HDMI cables. It's ridiculous based on the crazy amount I pay every month for an inflexible service! Not happy.
Expert

Re: Support for Chromecast

@acarnie1 wrote:
When will Comcast do the right thing by its customers and fully support Chromecast for streaming. A simple thing like streaming Xfinity from a phone to an outdoor projector should be easy, and it shouldn't be necessary to run a laptop and long HDMI cables. It's ridiculous based on the crazy amount I pay every month for an inflexible service! Not happy.

it isn't because they can't, it is because playing entertainment on the TV is the primary cable TV revenue for Comcast. you can stream via a PC and chromecast  using chrome browser as it is grandfathered as a use of the TV OR you can connect a desk/laptop via cables to a TV using the TV as a 2nd screen. You also can take advantage of the currently free public beta of the Roku stream app but won't have HD unless you specifically have a separate billing line for HD technology for $9.95 on your bill. HD included in package will not give you full HD access (local channels may be in HD).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you for the response, but you and I both know there's more to it than that. Comcast customers are paying a lot of money every month to subscribe to content, and they should be listening to how their customers want to serve up that content in their own homes. The bottom line is that this is about $$ between Comcast and Google.
Expert

@acarnie1 wrote:
Thank you for the response, but you and I both know there's more to it than that. Comcast customers are paying a lot of money every month to subscribe to content, and they should be listening to how their customers want to serve up that content in their own homes. The bottom line is that this is about $$ between Comcast and Google.

has nothing to do with google at all. you are missing the point that Comcast sells connections (revenue) to connect to televisions.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Do your saying I can't steam my xfinity thru my Chromecast
Debster
New Poster

Comcast is missing the point.
Expert

@Debster22 wrote:
Do your saying I can't steam my xfinity thru my Chromecast

yes IF you are using a desk/laptop and the Chrome browser. 

New Poster

Comcast is definitely missing the point.