Community Forum

Streaming app bug

Contributor

Streaming app bug

Don't know if this has been reported "if" it is indeed a bug or just a characteristic of the UI but the showing of the latest season won't stay closed. Meaning, if the latest season of a series is (10) but the season you're currently watching is (6), season (10)/the latest season tab will automatically reopen after every video watched in other seasons' tab.

Some users are forced every time to scroll to the top after every ending of a video just to close the latest season tab AGAIN because once the video ends, we're discombobulated from the latest season tab pushing the section we want to watch downwards which causes confusion and scrolling fatigue.

If this is just a characteristic of the UI, then it's annoying and needs to be tweaked especially if users are binge watching an entire series.
Official Employee

Re: Streaming app bug

Greetings, MissDiagnostics!

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear that the last season tab keeps reopening. Does this happen on other devices by chance? If not, have you tried to uninstall the app and reinstalling it?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Hi,

Yes it happens on other devices as well. Currently I started to binge watch The Simpsons which has 30 seasons "I think", "don't quote me" if I'm incorrect but that's the best way to replicate this issue.

If you go to The Simpsons, close the latest season, and play an episode from like season 8, you'll be able to see the bug that I'm talking about.
Official Employee

Yup! I sure do see it. Well, thanks for reaching out. Your feedback is what makes bugs like this change. Hopefully within the next couple updates that gets fixed! 

Thank you again for reaching out. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Hi,

That's great news! So glad I could help because dealing with that bug for years has been annoying! Thanks again for taking the time to look into the situation!
Official Employee

My pleasure. Thank you for choosing Comcast and have a great rest of your week! Take care. 

Official Employee

HI there. How are you doing? My name is Morgan and I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with your service. Please let me know whenever you get a moment. Thank you!

Official Employee

I have not heard back from you so I have completed the interaction, MissDiagnostics. Please let me know if you end up needing further support with this. If so, you're welcome to send me a private message. We appreciate your time.