Community Forum

Streaming App (Roku) not working

New Poster

Streaming App (Roku) not working

Guide works; however, choosing a live channel causes the screen to go black with no error code.  On-dammand also fails to load giving the following message (error.TVAPP.00406).  Just stopped working this morning, tried the following:

1. Rebooted Roku device
  2. Reinstalled the Xfinity app
  3. Tested service on PC's webbrowser (works there just not on Roku)
  4. Tested a second Roku device (app not working there as well)

Is anyone else experiancing this issue?  This buggy app makes the service unsuable, doesn't compete with other streaming options very well.

New Poster

Re: Streaming App (Roku) not working

I'm having the same issue!
I'm in Denver Colorado
Just black screen as soon as I choose a live channel, please fix this.....
Expert

for instant TV service only 2 streams are allowed at a time. for set top box based X1 service, up to 5 streams are allowed at the same time. have you tried turning off one of the other devices (unplug the roku from power) and then try again?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hello. Did you ever get this resolved?  I'm experiencing the same issue right now.

New Poster

hello. Wondering if you ever resolved this issue... 

I'm experiencing the same thing right now and Comcast is clueless.

Frequent Visitor

@Bill-Aurora-CO wrote:

Guide works; however, choosing a live channel causes the screen to go black with no error code.  On-dammand also fails to load giving the following message (error.TVAPP.00406).  Just stopped working this morning, tried the following:

1. Rebooted Roku device

Is anyone else experiancing this issue?  This buggy app makes the service unsuable, doesn't compete with other streaming options very well.

Same Problem - started about 2 hrs ago... After choosing the channel I want to watch from Live TV, the screen either goes blank  or it looks like it's about to connect but doesn't, times out and the screen goes blank.

There are no error codes/messages.  All other apps work fine.  In addition to what was tried above, I reset my Roku... No difference.

Is there a fix for this?  Is someone working on a solution?  Would really like my TV back.  Thanks.

New Poster

I'm having the same issues to tried everything with my Roku TV and Roku same problem with both. Has been this way since this morning. Is anyone having any luck resolving this issue?
New Poster

Me too... on at least 2 Roku devices. Xfinity says there's an outage in my area(Colorado Springs) but my 1 cable box is working ok, just my roku app isn't. Just Xfinity stream at that, I get everything else on roku just fine. Please fix!!! Or I will switch.
Regular Contributor

Roku not working in Ann Arbor mi. This must be a nationwide outage
Frequent Visitor

The problem appears to have been fixed.  It's now working here in Massachusetts - it was out for about 5 or 6 hours.

Expert

@Mem11 wrote:

@Bill-Aurora-CO wrote:

1. Rebooted Roku device

Same Problem - started about 2 hrs ago... After choosing the channel I want to watch from Live TV, the screen either goes blank  or it looks like it's about to connect but doesn't, times out and the screen goes blank.

There are no error codes/messages.  All other apps work fine.  In addition to what was tried above, I reset my Roku... No difference.

Is there a fix for this?  Is someone working on a solution?  Would really like my TV back.  Thanks.

your issue appears from time to time. remove the stream beta channel. unplug all cables from the Roku for 30+ seconds and plug back in. after reboot load the channel and sign in again accepting the terms and conditions carefully. working?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!