Community Forum

Streaming App Freezing/buffering

New Poster

Streaming App Freezing/buffering

Using app on my Samsung smart tv and constantly freezes/buffers/locks up. Have removed and reinstalled several times and problem still occurs. Internet speed is 60 mbps so this should not be a problem. Solutions or suggestions?
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream TV app on Samsung Smart TVs

I have a compatabile samsung TV and installed as outlined in your post. My internet speed is averaging 60mbps with no other devices utilizing the internet. connected to my tv directly via cable. With all this the app freezes and constantly buffers. Have removed and reinstalled several times and still a constant problem. Solutions?
Expert

Re: Streaming App Freezing/buffering

@Mjnchucktownsc wrote:
Using app on my Samsung smart tv and constantly freezes/buffers/locks up. Have removed and reinstalled several times and problem still occurs. Internet speed is 60 mbps so this should not be a problem. Solutions or suggestions?

does a desk/laptop or smart device work properly at the same location? is this via wireless? are you able to connect TV via ethernet temporarily?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

It is the app on my Samsung TV. I am connecting directly via Ethernet cable
Expert

@Mjnchucktownsc wrote:
It is the app on my Samsung TV. I am connecting directly via Ethernet cable

does a desk/laptop or smart device work properly at the same location?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Yes
Expert

@Mjnchucktownsc wrote:
Yes

it appears based on your responses that the TV is not getting a good enough wifi signal or wired.  have you tried wireless? can you move the router closer?

New Poster

This recently started happening to me as well so I assumed it was a global issue. I’ve had the service with the blast internet speed for nearly a year and this just came up for me in the last two weeks, no matter what device I use. 🤷🏾‍♀️
New Poster

It is a problem all over.  Don't let the knucklehead "helper" try and fool you.  I have the problem on multiple computers.  ethernet and wiFi.  ON a router, or direct from the Arris docsis 3.0 cable modem.

Technical support is useless.  And it all started after THEY upgraded the software two years ago.  

The only thing I have not tried is buying a new docsis 3.1 modem.   It's a toss up now since I do not have the problem on Sling, ESPN, NBCSN of any other streaming service.   Something will change this week, one way or another.

New Poster

Bought a Samsung Q70R Mar 2019.  Downloaded the Comcast Stream app and TV picture has been freezing almost every 5-7 minutes.  This has happened since day 1.  Comcast said they would reset the modem, boost signal, and the problem should go away.  Still the same after 6+ months.  Our modem is connected to a decent modem "Netgear Blackhawk", and wired CAT5 from the gigabit switch to our TV.  The switch is connected directly to the Comcast modem.  Only suspect Samsung TV not listed as supported in Comcast website.  Any ideas?  

Expert

@tonyong wrote:

Bought a Samsung Q70R Mar 2019.  Downloaded the Comcast Stream app and TV picture has been freezing almost every 5-7 minutes.  This has happened since day 1.  Comcast said they would reset the modem, boost signal, and the problem should go away.  Still the same after 6+ months.  Our modem is connected to a decent modem "Netgear Blackhawk", and wired CAT5 from the gigabit switch to our TV.  The switch is connected directly to the Comcast modem.  Only suspect Samsung TV not listed as supported in Comcast website.  Any ideas?  

try running a piece of ethernet cabling from the switch to the TV. did that set up work?

New Poster

We have Ethernet CAT5 connected directly from the switch to the TV.  Bandwidth does not seem to be the problem as all other OTT apps such as Netflix, Vudu, Youtube, Hulu, Disney+ does not have the freeze/buffering issue.

We have the DOCSIS3.1 modem as suggested by Comcast support.