Community Forum

Stream will not download to SD card

New Poster

Stream will not download to SD card

SO leaving on trip tomorrow and thought I would download some shows to my Samsung tablet that only has 8 gb hard drive but 32 gb SD card.  Have tried and tried but will not download to SD card and hard drive is already full of bloat wear.  Typical comcast to pull a stunt like this when the applicatin is on the SD card. What do you want for $300 a month?? something that works!!!!!!!!

Expert

Re: Stream will not download to SD card

@Hogold11 wrote:

SO leaving on trip tomorrow and thought I would download some shows to my Samsung tablet that only has 8 gb hard drive but 32 gb SD card.  Have tried and tried but will not download to SD card and hard drive is already full of bloat wear.  Typical comcast to pull a stunt like this when the applicatin is on the SD card. What do you want for $300 a month?? something that works!!!!!!!!

Android beginning with the nougat OS allows you to adopt an SD card as system memory. at that point the card is not removable and is encrypted. Adopted memory is used by the OS to store downloaded files. Do you have Nougat or Oreo android OS?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I'm running nougat. No option to save on my 64g sd card anywhere in the app. Just one more way in which comcast is begging customers to go find a better provider. Pathetic.
Expert

@XFSF wrote:
I'm running nougat. No option to save on my 64g sd card anywhere in the app. Just one more way in which comcast is begging customers to go find a better provider. Pathetic.

you will need to (permanently) adopt the SD card as system memory. once done it 'is' part of your permanent memory of the device. I believe that the ability to adopt started at oreo.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!