Community Forum

Stream tv app storage full

New Poster

Stream tv app storage full

I'm running the Stream TV app on my Google Pixel phone. It currently has 88GB of storage free. But, when I use the Stream TV app to download a show from recordings, I get an error saying "Download Error (Storage). Storage full. Delete content to add space." Also, the steam TV app shows the cloud DVR is 81% full.

What storage is full? Why can't I download shows to my phone to watch later without a data connection?

I spent over 1.5 hours on the phone with Xfinity support and they have no clue what the issue is. Someone help please.
Screenshot_20180113-231550.png
Expert

Re: Stream tv app storage full

Tttjjjsss wrote:
I'm running the Stream TV app on my Google Pixel phone. It currently has 88GB of storage free. But, when I use the Stream TV app to download a show from recordings, I get an error saying "Download Error (Storage). Storage full. Delete content to add space." Also, the steam TV app shows the cloud DVR is 81% full.

What storage is full? Why can't I download shows to my phone to watch later without a data connection?

I spent over 1.5 hours on the phone with Xfinity support and they have no clue what the issue is. Someone help please.

in the settings app, under storage how much phone memory is free? is there an SD card? If so, have you moved the xfinity app and data to the SD card? are you running nougat or oreo android?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Internal storage 31% used, 88GB free. No sd card.
Android version 8.1.0 (Oreo)
Expert

Tttjjjsss wrote:
Internal storage 31% used, 88GB free. No sd card.
Android version 8.1.0 (Oreo)

it sounds like you have enough memory for the operating system to use. I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

Hello Tttjjjsss, I can look into your capacity issue on my end to ensure you have space to download more content. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. I also have a Google Pixel.
Official Employee

Giuffra316 wrote: I am having the same issue. I also have a Google Pixel.

Does the app show full storage when you download it on another device? I understand that each device has a different storage space, but knowing the answer to this question will allow me to figure out if there is a problem with the app or if your device settings need to be adjusted. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

I don't really have another device to try it on at this time.
I will work on a private message with my info.
Frequent Visitor

I was able to download last night's Arrow on my iPad after my Google Pixel claimed there was no room. Attached is a screenshot to show I have plenty of room.
Screenshot_20180119-193536.png
New Poster

Has there been a solution to this? I am having same issue on my Google Pixel.

New Poster

I have tried to download several 1hr long shows to my Google Pixel 128GB device with the storage full error.  (88GB free, all internal storage, no SD card, no downloaded shows on any other device at the moment)  In the past I have downloaded other 30min and 1hr shows to a 16GB IPad with no issues...

I am wondering if there might be a bug in the available disk space check in the app because there is so much free disk (> 64GB -- common theme in all the posts in this thread is 80+ GB free) causing an incorrect lack of space error message.

Expert

did you log out of the app and only then to uninstall and reinstall it? (reboot the device using powerdown before the reinstall)

New Poster

Yes, I have logged out, unistalled, restarted.  And, about every combination and order of those possible.  None of those have helped.

New Poster

Many thanks, that worked for me...

1. I logged out of the app
  2. Uninstalled the app
  3. Powered phone off
  4. Powered phone on
  5. Installed the app
  6. For good measure, after installing I went into Android Settings | Apps & Notification | Stream TV | Storage and cleared the cache and then the data
  7. Then I opened the app, logged in and ensured to grant the requested access permission.
  8. I then tried to download again and a download began...

I think either it was a bad old install or, more likely, I did not grant the requested access which gave the app access to my Storage...

To those still having issues, go to Android's Settings | Apps & Notifications | select the Stream TV app then App Permissions.  Make sure that Storage is ON...

( 

Expert

tgeorge73 wrote:

Many thanks, that worked for me...

1. I logged out of the app
  2. Uninstalled the app
  3. Powered phone off
  4. Powered phone on
  5. Installed the app
  6. For good measure, after installing I went into Android Settings | Apps & Notification | Stream TV | Storage and cleared the cache and then the data
  7. Then I opened the app, logged in and ensured to grant the requested access permission.
  8. I then tried to download again and a download began...

I think either it was a bad old install or, more likely, I did not grant the requested access which gave the app access to my Storage...

To those still having issues, go to Android's Settings | Apps & Notifications | select the Stream TV app then App Permissions.  Make sure that Storage is ON...

( 

thank you for the great reply - glad it worked for you. Kudo's require you to log in and don't automatically log us in when we try to use the kudo's button.

Official Employee

Hello all,

@Tttjjjsss - Thank you for sending your information. Your Cloud Storage is completely full, could you please delete some of the recordings from the app or website and try again to download content? The Cloud storage should not cause any issues with downloads but just in case please try to delete some content from the app. 

@tgeorge73 - Thank you for sharing your experience! 

@Rustyben - Thank you for your continuous support, I greatly appreciate it!!

Frequent Visitor

I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled and it seems to be working. Weird that had to be done but whatever. Thx for the help!

On a side note, my permissions were set properly.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Giuffra316 - Thank you for the update!