Community Forum

Stream is not playable

New Poster

Stream is not playable

Hello I am trying to use the X Finity app on my television through a fire stick and I keep getting an error message telling me that the Stream is not playable under the current device conditions. Please disconnect any external devices including HDMI screen mirroring or casting devices and try again I’m not sure where to go from here please help
Expert

Re: Stream is not playable

@nitro81 wrote:
Hello I am trying to use the X Finity app on my television through a fire stick and I keep getting an error message telling me that the Stream is not playable under the current device conditions. Please disconnect any external devices including HDMI screen mirroring or casting devices and try again I’m not sure where to go from here please help

no official announcement of capability for the firestick nor cube in the forum to date.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Stream is not playable

Hi nitro81. Thanks for visiting and posting on our Forum. For a list of devices compatible with our Xfinity Stream service, please see: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements

As Rustyben stated, currently the  Firestick is not listed. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!