Community Forum

Stream for Apple TV / tvOS

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Stream for Apple TV / tvOS

When will comcast be updating the Stream for iOS app to work with Apple TV?
Expert

Re: Stream for Apple TV / tvOS

@Ceolona wrote:
When will comcast be updating the Stream for iOS app to work with Apple TV?

pretty soon per this article that interviews a Comcast manager. (first part of the web page). (edit had wrong link) https://www.fastcompany.com/90205212/comcast-is-totally-ok-with-you-not-having-an-xfinity-set-top-bo...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

That only talks about the TiVo patents. Do you have the correct link?
Expert

@Ceolona wrote:
That only talks about the TiVo patents. Do you have the correct link?

fixed it now (link). thankyou for letting me know.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I was hoping for something a bit more concrete than an vague intent voiced over three months ago (7/20/18)

After giving it some thought, I can see how it might be all linked.  TiVo/Rovi sued Comcast over remotely scheduling recordings (basically), and the AppleTV may be considered a "remote device".   Comcast could either release the AppleTV app WITHOUT being able to schedule a recording (and get lots of screams from customers) or release it WITH the recording (and run the risk of futher legal/patent problems)